SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

get out troll

I honestly did not know if UND won or lost until this morning. I could care less as they are not in NDSU's conference and will not be a playoff team this year.

I work primarily with USD grads. The only ones who said anything to me laughed about how big of a fluke it was. I work with a few UND grads. Every single one of them came up to me to rub in the loss. I have not spoken to them about a single game this year, not even the complete and utter ass kicking NDSU handed them in September.  One of the UND guys, who came up to me to rub in the loss , didn't even know if UND won Saturday. 

Why did I come onto this site? To see how giddy you guys were. I think it is hilarious how much you care about NDSU getting beat and how excited you get.

I honestly did not know if UND won or lost until this morning. I could care less as they are not in NDSU's conference and will not be a playoff team this year.

I work primarily with USD grads. The only ones who said anything to me laughed about how big of a fluke it was. I work with a few UND grads. Every single one of them came up to me to rub in the loss. I have not spoken to them about a single game this year, not even the complete and utter ass kicking NDSU handed them in September.  One of the UND guys, who came up to me to rub in the loss , didn't even know if UND won Saturday. 

Why did I come onto this site? To see how giddy you guys were. I think it is hilarious how much you care about NDSU getting beat and how excited you get.

You know exactly what UND does every Saturday.  I am friends with too many Bison fans who sit at the NDSU game and have the UND box score up on their phones.  They damn near follow the UND games play by play from the Fargodome.  I know because they tell me updates through obnoxious texts  

They just might have to play a playoff game on the road. And we all know how well that usually works out for them.

Lol. I honestly say bring it on. There is not a single team in the FCS, with maybe the exception of UNI, would wouldn't be shitting themselves seeing NDSU walking into their stadium come November or December. From 2011 through 2015, NDSU had lost 5 freaking games and more of those losses have been in the Fargodome than on the road. If you don't thin NDSU has the ability to win on the road you are delusional. They pounded SDSU this year in front of a record crowd. 

Lol. I honestly say bring it on. There is not a single team in the FCS, with maybe the exception of UNI, would wouldn't be shitting themselves seeing NDSU walking into their stadium come November or December. From 2011 through 2015, NDSU had lost 5 freaking games and more of those losses have been in the Fargodome than on the road. If you don't thin NDSU has the ability to win on the road you are delusional. They pounded SDSU this year in front of a record crowd. 

So now you are going back through posts from two days ago and responding to them?  :ohmy:

You know exactly what UND does every Saturday.  I am friends with too many Bison fans who sit at the NDSU game and have the UND box score up on their phones.  They damn near follow the UND games play by play from the Fargodome.  I know because they tell me updates through obnoxious texts  

I honestly did not . Watched the NDSU game Saturday, went out afterwards and flew home Sunday. Not the slightest clue until this morning when the UND rubes started to rub in the Bison game.

Kinda like the numerous UND threads made up by people on Bisonville. Bison fans get their horns up when something bad happens to UND.

So now you are going back through posts from two days ago and responding to them?  :ohmy:

Ya it took a whopping two minutes to read through this thread for the last couple days. Huge commitment on my part.

Kinda like the numerous UND threads made up by people on Bisonville. Bison fans get their horns up when something bad happens to UND.

Not a single person that I went to NDSU with made a Facebook post about UND getting beat on Saturday or the Saturday before that.  I had 8 facebook friends who went to UND react like UND won the championship when NDSU got beat. If you don't think you guys react more to NDSU getting beat compared to NDSU fans reacting to UND getting beat, you are not being honest with yourself. Christ you can't even looked at your game day threads and not see a comment on each page about NDSU. 

Edited by 2011BisonAlumni

Ya it took a whopping two minutes to read through this thread for the last couple days. Huge commitment on my part.

Not a single person that I went to NDSU with made a Facebook post about UND getting beat on Saturday or the Saturday before that.  I had 8 facebook friends who went to UND react like UND won the championship when NDSU got beat. If you don't think you guys react more to NDSU getting beat compared to NDSU fans reacting to UND getting beat, you are not being honest with yourself. Christ you can't even looked at your game day threads and not see a comment on each page about NDSU. 

Ever been to Bisonville, or hell ever been to any message board of a team UND plays. NDSU fans pop up out of the woodwork. 

Mods-is it possible to archive this post?  It should absolutely be saved for posterity as the ultimate representation of a bison fan-a seemingly genuine belief that a team which has a home playoff game is shitting themselves because ndsu is coming into their building for a football game...it really should be saved for sociologists to study.

• Upvote 2

Mods-is it possible to archive this post?  It should absolutely be saved for posterity as the ultimate representation of a bison fan-a seemingly genuine belief that a team which has a home playoff game is shitting themselves because ndsu is coming into their building for a football game...it really should be saved for sociologists to study.

Make light if you must, but I think he's absolutely correct. There are teams that you would just not want to see on your schedule in a win or go home scenario, NDSU fits the bill.

I would say the same thing about any team who has accomplished what NDSU has these last 4 years. Montana used to have that aura surrounding their program and to a certain extent still does. A great program is still very dangerous in a down year, NDSU is no exception in their down years. They have a team full of guys that have more playoff and championship experience than any team in the field, they know how to win and will be dangerous come November and December even if they have to eek into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, assuming they can even do that given their performance against USD.

Make light if you must, but I think he's absolutely correct. There are teams that you would just not want to see on your schedule in a win or go home scenario, NDSU fits the bill.

I would say the same thing about any team who has accomplished what NDSU has these last 4 years. Montana used to have that aura surrounding their program and to a certain extent still does. A great program is still very dangerous in a down year, NDSU is no exception in their down years. They have a team full of guys that have more playoff and championship experience than any team in the field, they know how to win and will be dangerous come November and December even if they have to eek into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, assuming they can even do that given their performance against USD.

Because NDSU's 1-1 road playoff record really scares the crap out of everyone, especially those fans in Cheney, Washington.

Because NDSU's 1-1 road playoff record really scares the crap out of everyone, especially those fans in Cheney, Washington.

So because NDSU has been so dominant in the last 4 years that they've earned the right to play all of their playoff games at home, you are able to extrapolate that out to NDSU must not be very good on the road? Additionally,  you bring up a game from 5 years ago that took the eventual national champion to the wire? Makes sense.

If you want to use more sound logic you may consider the part of the story that says NDSU has a better road record than they do at home in the last 4 years.

Enjoy NDSU's losses while you can.

So because NDSU has been so dominant in the last 4 years that they've earned the right to play all of their playoff games at home, you are able to extrapolate that out to NDSU must not be very good on the road? Additionally,  you bring up a game from 5 years ago that took the eventual national champion to the wire? Makes sense.

If you want to use more sound logic you may consider the part of the story that says NDSU has a better road record than they do at home in the last 4 years.

Enjoy NDSU's losses while you can.

Would NDSU be NC from 2011-2014 if they had to play teams outside the Fargodome and no Frisco doesn't count.  Oh wait you would say they could take down half of the NFL. Also your road record the last 4 years in the playoffs are 0-0. Playoffs and regular season games are different. 

Edited by darell1976
  • Upvote 2

Would NDSU be NC from 2011-2014 if they had to play teams outside the Fargodome and no Frisco doesn't count.  Oh wait you would say they could take down half of the NFL. Also your road record the last 4 years in the playoffs are 0-0. Playoffs and regular season games are different. 

I hope you understand how odd your logic is.

If NDSU was on the road during those games, that would mean they wouldn't have had as dominant as a regular season as they did. Which means they probably wouldn't have been as good. So in the real world, if NDSU is on the road during those games(because of what would have lead to those games being on the road) NDSU likely would not have been national champions.

But, if you want to play in the magical world of make believe, had those same exact two teams with their same records played those game in the other team's stadium, I still believe NDSU was the better team in all of those games except for maybe one.(2012 Semifinal against Georgia Southern) Even then, you have no idea how the home field "advantage" played into the outcome. Maybe GSU was feeding off the atmosphere being so against them, who knows, we can't re-write history.

The point is darell, the only data we have in the last 4 years for NDSU on the road is in the regular season and they have been absolutely dominant on the road. People can say playoff football is different if they want to, but the fact remains that they are still play the same game they played in the regular season.

You're going to have a long day Darell.  I brought that up before, 4 Naties and not a single road playoff win in the process....... 

Next up, let's talk about Frisco being a road game for NDSU -

You're going to have a long day Darell.  I brought that up before, 4 Naties and not a single road playoff win in the process....... 

Next up, let's talk about Frisco being a road game for NDSU -

What point are you attempting to make? That NDSU wasn't as good as the 4 in a row make them out to be because they earned the right to play their games at home?

What point are you attempting to make? That NDSU wasn't as good as the 4 in a row make them out to be because they earned the right to play their games at home?

I agree.  The four in a row is impressive. 

But, as they might say in Columbus, Ohio... if they even heard of the byzun, "Ah, they call themselves the Division 1 National Champs.  Isn't that cute!"

I agree.  The four in a row is impressive. 

But, as they might say in Columbus, Ohio... if they even heard of the byzun, "Ah, they call themselves the Division 1 National Champs.  Isn't that cute!"

At the risk of repeating myself, what point are you attempting to make? NDSU is the division I FCS national champion. OSU is the college playoff champion, who is disputing that?

This discussion is about ndsu's ability to win games on the road.

At the risk of repeating myself, what point are you attempting to make? NDSU is the division I FCS national champion. OSU is the college playoff champion, who is disputing that?

This discussion is about ndsu's ability to win games on the road.

That is so precious.

Ill bet those fans in Columbus just wanna pinch your little fat cheeks...

• Upvote 1

That is so precious.

Ill bet those fans in Columbus just wanna pinch your little fat cheeks...

So since you didn't answer my question I can only assume your saying FCS football is a lower level of football than FBS? Great, I Agree, OSU would take NDSU to the woodshed. 

What that has to do with NDSU's away playoff record is what I'm curious about.

I hope you understand how odd your logic is.

If NDSU was on the road during those games, that would mean they wouldn't have had as dominant as a regular season as they did. Which means they probably wouldn't have been as good. So in the real world, if NDSU is on the road during those games(because of what would have lead to those games being on the road) NDSU likely would not have been national champions.

But, if you want to play in the magical world of make believe, had those same exact two teams with their same records played those game in the other team's stadium, I still believe NDSU was the better team in all of those games except for maybe one.(2012 Semifinal against Georgia Southern) Even then, you have no idea how the home field "advantage" played into the outcome. Maybe GSU was feeding off the atmosphere being so against them, who knows, we can't re-write history.

The point is darell, the only data we have in the last 4 years for NDSU on the road is in the regular season and they have been absolutely dominant on the road. People can say playoff football is different if they want to, but the fact remains that they are still play the same game they played in the regular season.

Bingo!!! The OP said teams would sh&t themselves if NDSU would walk into their stadium in a playoff game. Just like you said they wouldn't be that good. NDSU was good in 2011-2014 to be at home in every playoff game, look what happened when they weren't that good (2010) 1-1. This year 2 losses so far, so could they be on the road come playoff time, maybe but I doubt teams would sh&t themselves. 

So since you didn't answer my question I can only assume your saying FCS football is a lower level of football than FBS? Great, I Agree, OSU would take NDSU to the woodshed. 

What that has to do with NDSU's away playoff record is what I'm curious about.

Who cares?  They're probably not winning this year.  

You must have been on the cheer team, because football players don't !@#$ themselves when an opportunity is presented to them.........