SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Jensen was committed to Texas State before Case flipped, apparently he enjoyed playing for Stitt in Montana a few years ago. Jensen will be eligible to play right away as a junior with 2 years left to play.

So my question is, do you guys really want qb rejects, or develop your own talent?

11 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

So my question is, do you guys really want qb rejects, or develop your own talent?

I really enjoy the irony in this comment after NDSU picked up an ISU transfer today and didn't didn't get a LOI from the high school QB that was committed (possibly going to KSU with Klieman?).

16 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I really enjoy the irony in this comment after NDSU picked up an ISU transfer today and didn't didn't get a LOI from the high school QB that was committed (possibly going to KSU with Klieman?).

Haven't you heard? NDSU isn't losing any recruits.  Everyone wants to play there.  Even over K-State! 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

No!!! Remember Coach K has a whole group of fans that will automatically follow him.... pervthe Witchta paper... like I said... too bad hecdidn’t take on affordable health care and world hunger...

Give him time. Hes been busy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Haven't you heard? NDSU isn't losing any recruits.  Everyone wants to play there.  Even over K-State! 

Actually the QB is the only commitment we lost, and we replace it with a Big 12 transfer, and kept a LB that had a current offer from K-State along with several other FBS schools. I call that a pretty darn successful day. How many QB's do you guys have on the roster now with your other commit going to Texas State?

3 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

Actually the QB is the only commitment we lost, and we replace it with a Big 12 transfer, and kept a LB that had a current offer from K-State along with several other FBS schools. I call that a pretty darn successful day. How many QB's do you guys have on the roster now with your other commit going to Texas State?

"we".  :silly:

Taking that FBS transfer, who only has two years left, tells me a bit about Lance and alot about how bad "your" third and fourth string QB's are.  

10 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

Currently have 3

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

"we".  :silly:

Taking that FBS transfer, who only has two years left, tells me a bit about Lance and alot about how bad "your" third and fourth string QB's are.  

I think Lance is going to beat him out, just from what I have seen from him so far, if anything it just adds depth to the QB room. Sanders was a walk-on I believe and haven't seen him in action yet to see what he's like. Granted I've only seen Lance run the ball but looks like in practice he throws a good ball, but practice and games are 2 different things.

1 minute ago, Bubbasburner said:

I think Lance is going to beat him out, just from what I have seen from him so far, if anything it just adds depth to the QB room. Sanders was a walk-on I believe and haven't seen him in action yet to see what he's like. Granted I've only seen Lance run the ball but looks like in practice he throws a good ball, but practice and games are 2 different things.

If Noland wanted to be a backup quarterback, he would have just stayed at Iowa St.  He's not coming to Fargo to add depth.  He's going there to start. 

17 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

Why would you waste your time on a team on a UND fan page when you are an NDSU fan? I'm sorry your life must be very dull.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If Noland wanted to be a backup quarterback, he would have just stayed at Iowa St.  He's not coming to Fargo to add depth.  He's going there to start. 

Of course he's going to want to start. We had a transfer from Illinois a few years ago (Desmond Cain) and he fell almost to the bottom of our depth chart in his 2 years. Some transfers just don't work as well as others, I could be wrong though.

1 minute ago, Bubbasburner said:

Of course he's going to want to start. We had a transfer from Illinois a few years ago (Desmond Cain) and he fell almost to the bottom of our depth chart in his 2 years. Some transfers just don't work as well as others, I could be wrong though.

Cain was also a thug who caused a lot of friction within the locker room. Hopefully "your" new QB does the same!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Cain was also a thug who caused a lot of friction within the locker room. Hopefully "your" new QB does the same!

This can't be true. There are quotes from "those in the know" that he had amazing parents, great grades, great leadership when he announced his transfer.....

Also, it isn't really "replacing" a lost commit when the guy you are bringing in only has 2 years left. Those are two completely different recruits. Will be interesting to see where he fits in the depth chart, especially since he transferred for more playing time. As UND knows, there is still another signing period, both schools will be likely looking for a QB to sign.