SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, sprig said:

Hard to believe we are worse than all those crap teams that played yesterday.  Could pull the bottom 16 out of a hat and have an equal field. 

Well believe it, combined record of teams UND beat this year was 22-44 & zero wins against any teams in the playoffs. This should have at least been a rebuilding year & I didn’t view it that way unfortunately. Playoff field is very weak this year, 3-5 teams with legit chance to win it IMO. 

59 minutes ago, Stand4Anthem said:

Well believe it, combined record of teams UND beat this year was 22-44 & zero wins against any teams in the playoffs. This should have at least been a rebuilding year & I didn’t view it that way unfortunately. Playoff field is very weak this year, 3-5 teams with legit chance to win it IMO. 

Yup, considering our schedule (very favorable) there's no way we should of mucked it up and not been in the playoffs.  In the BSC, of the 4 top teams (all made the playoffs) we only played 1 of them (Weber St) and that was at home.  Stating the obvious on this board but UND really butchered it against the teams finishing in the middle/lower of the BSC.

17 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Davis and UNI could be a fun one. Cats in Fargo could be a slaughter with how the Cats pass the ball.

Anything in Fargo will be a slaughter. NDSU is loaded. I’ll take them over the entire 2018 FCS playoff field. 

Thank God UND plays them early next season and not this year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

This weak playoff year presented a golden opportunity for a deep run even though we weren’t a great team. We screwed the pooch mightily to say the least. I’ll say it’s a good thing for our program long term since we got rid of those two staff members though.

I was pretty much thinking this same thing.....it wouldn't have taken all that much to get a first round win in the playoffs this year since the field seems weaker than normal.  However I'm not really that upset about it because it forced a changed that needed to happen. 

19 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Houston going from JMU to Charlotte?
At least Bohl went from NDSU to Wyoming.

But Charlotte? Seriously? Yeesh. 

They have a new AD who's shaking things up, just fired the BB coach last spring, and it's a move up to FBS.  Houston was making a half million base at JMU, double that of Charlotte's previous coach, so it would be interesting to understand where the money is coming from to (I'll assume) double the football salary pool.