SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

10 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

WIU can only get to 6 D1 wins i believe

Same with ISU Blue, one of the wins is a D2 win. This appears to be more of a win and in game though, especially if ISU Blue wins as that would be five straight wins. 

24 minutes ago, AJS said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after listening to the 360 podcast with Herder, are these the key games today? Teams in bold we are cheering for.

Elon at Maine (7-0 Maine Q2)

Montana State at Montana

Furman at Mercer

Weber State at Idaho State

Any others?

I believe that even if Furman wins there are a couple other things that have to happen to potentially take up an additional at-large.  IIRC, ETSU losing and Furman holding Mercer to 16 points or less. If this is misstated, please someone jump in to correct me.

29 minutes ago, AJS said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after listening to the 360 podcast with Herder, are these the key games today? Teams in bold we are cheering for.

Elon at Maine (7-0 Maine Q2)

Montana State at Montana

Furman at Mercer

Weber State at Idaho State

Any others?

Maine is up 14-7 late in the 2nd qtr over Elon

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, AJS said:

Same with ISU Blue, one of the wins is a D2 win. This appears to be more of a win and in game though, especially if ISU Blue wins as that would be five straight wins. 

Thats right, both the UNDFB360 and Hero Sports podcast said WIU is what you want to win. It stops the comittee from seeing a 5 game W streak and WIU doesn't have a strong resume

5 hours ago, UND1983 said:

EWU scored 74 vs PSU on the road.  We scored 17 at home.  

Be interesting to see if UND is "satisfied" with their offense after the season is over.

It is just embarrassing how Bubba allows his offense to be run the way it currently is. 

Change it up or get out. 

13 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

would Elon be pretty much eliminated after this or just thrown into the massive bubble?? pretty highly rated coming into this week 12/14 in the polls

Thrown into a massive bubble. They are one of the teams who had a game cancelled earlier this year, they have a decent resume at 6-4 (being in best conference), but obviously will have played one less game.