SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

The CAA has six teams with three losses that can potentially qualify.  But two can be knocked out next weekend, as Elon plays Maine and James Madison against Towson.  But Stony Brook and Delaware can lose too.  

The Southern Conference might get three, but the Southland and OVC don’t deserve even one ( but they have autobids).

The good thing is UND hasn’t been blown out by an FCS school yet.  Other four or five loss teams have been.

Both JMU and Towson are in, they are playing for a seed. Elon might be in some trouble though since they had a cancelled game but the comittee might show them some mercy. CAA clearly going to get at least five in. 

I think the big game for UND next week is really Montana-MSU. You have the trump card on the griz. 

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Insanity. McNeese just got eliminated too. Just lost to Northwestern State in double OT.

Incredible.

I'm not sure on the strength of schedules of some of these leagues.

Next week you have:

McNeese (6-4) playing Lamar (6-4)

Montana (6-4) playing Montana State (6-4)

UWI (6-4) is playing Iowa State on 12/1 (make up game for Iowa State)

Chattanooga plays South Carolina

Assuming South Carolina beats Chattanooga, not sure what to make of UWI's schedule, but I'm counting them out. The other two I mentioned are loser out games. Dartmouth can't make the playoffs, San Diego is already in. Alcorn is #38, but not sure what kind of league they play in. UND looks to have a legitimate shot IF they win next week.

On 10/24/2018 at 2:05 PM, HAWKS1 said:

Just how large is Doug Burgum's fortune?   I thought when Great Plains was sold to Microsoft, Doug's brother had a larger stake in Great Plains than Doug did?  His brother (name escapes me) is a UND Grad and on or was on the UND foundation board.  Might see an on campus stadium in GF before a new one in FGO???

Rick

6 minutes ago, FargoBison said:

Both JMU and Towson are in, they are playing for a seed. Elon might be in some trouble though since they had a cancelled game but the comittee might show them some mercy. CAA clearly going to get at least five in. 

I think the big game for UND next week is really Montana-MSU. You have the trump card on the griz. 

That's what I am thinking as well.  UND has to be <shutters> Griz fans

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That's what I am thinking as well.  UND has to be <shutters> Griz fans

The Big Sky rep being the Montana's AD definitely adds an extra layer to the drama that will unfold. Digging into all three teams schedules, I would say Montana State (w/ win against Idaho) would have a better resume than UND if both were at 7-4, since it's basically even outside of that. 

Let's go Griz!

11 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

EWU scored 74 vs PSU on the road.  We scored 17 at home.  

Be interesting to see if UND is "satisfied" with their offense after the season is over.

A another interesting stat from that game is PSU had the ball for 25 more minutes then EWU did.  ToP was 42 min-18 min in favor of PSU.  That is crazy...

49 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

A another interesting stat from that game is PSU had the ball for 25 more minutes then EWU did.  ToP was 42 min-18 min in favor of PSU.  That is crazy...

That is pretty insane.  

Also of note ....EWU had two 100+ yard rushers and one at 89 yards.  387 total rush yards with 18 mins of TOP. 

3 hours ago, dmksioux said:

The sad part is that bubba would be happy with this stat even after losing by 51 points. Glad UND didn't play EWU this year.

3 hours ago, dmksioux said:

74 points in just 18 minutes of TOP.

That's offensive efficiency that basketball teams would desire. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after listening to the 360 podcast with Herder, are these the key games today? Teams in bold we are cheering for.

Elon at Maine (7-0 Maine Q2)

Montana State at Montana

Furman at Mercer

Weber State at Idaho State

Any others?

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after listening to the 360 podcast with Herder, are these the key games today? Teams in bold we are cheering for.

Elon at Maine (7-0 Maine Q2)

Montana State at Montana

Furman at Mercer

Weber State at Idaho State

Any others?

Villanova at Delaware? Not sure if we could get in over Delaware or not. Nova is 4-6 and up 14-7 after 1