SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, Sioux95 said:

It's not a given that an 8-3 UND gets in over a 7-4 ISU.  both would have the same conference record.  ISU would have two FBS losses, beats UND on the road, takes UCD to OT, and the loss to Cal is looking good.

One of their wins is against a D2 team. 7-4 would be a tough sell.

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

One of their wins is against a D2 team. 7-4 would be a tough sell.

I agree, but on the flip side...they have 2 FBS losses....which means they only have 2 FCS losses, and they beat us in our house. So we would both have 2 FCS losses and they beat us, plus they have somebody lobbying for them.  If we are fortunate enough to get the lead in the coming weeks......need to keep on the gas and try to put up as many points as we can. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I agree, but on the flip side...they have 2 FBS losses....which means they only have 2 FCS losses, and they beat us in our house. So we would both have 2 FCS losses and they beat us, plus they have somebody lobbying for them.  If we are fortunate enough to get the lead in the coming weeks......need to keep on the gas and try to put up as many points as we can. 

You can’t give a team credit for a D2 win.  I hope we are in position at 8-3 for this to be a discussion. Long season left. 

8 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

New Hampshire up on James Madison 28-10 right now. I didn't see that coming. 

Jmu definitely not the same team as the last couple years that’s for sure.  

A team that beat New Hampshire was Colgate (7-0 soon to be 8-0). Colgate has given up 6 points in the last 7 games , one of which includes New Hampshire.  They gave up 36 total yards last game and currently 34 total yards midway through the 4th of today’s game.  Their D has given up 2 total tds all year and those 2 came late in the 4th of the first game. Colgate made the elite 8 in “16”.   Colgate is not in the committees first top ten!?    

On 10/28/2018 at 1:23 PM, homer said:

You can’t give a team credit for a D2 win.  I hope we are in position at 8-3 for this to be a discussion. Long season left. 

But will a argument be made for 2 FBS games, any bonus in that?

UNI(4-4) up on ill State(5-3) at Half. If they hold on that will be interesting at the end of the year.

34 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

A team that beat New Hampshire was Colgate (7-0 soon to be 8-0). Colgate has given up 6 points in the last 7 games , one of which includes New Hampshire.  They gave up 36 total yards last game and currently 34 total yards midway through the 4th of today’s game.  Their D has given up 2 total tds all year and those 2 came late in the 4th of the first game. Colgate made the elite 8 in “16”.   Colgate is not in the committees first top ten!?    

Patriot League. 

34 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Agreed. Colgate looks for real. I thought they should be in the top 10.