SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Same reason I'd love to see UND have some sort of deal like that in the future. Plenty of alumni down here, and it would be easier to watch a game over make the drive all the way to GF every year.

Your guy St Peter should be able to make that happen I would think.

54 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Unless Burgum wants to donate his fortune to a new stadium (He seems more interested in building downtown Fargo) don’t think their is another donor capable.  Sanford would build for Augustana before he helped NDSU again.  Fargo paying for the flood diversion will take years.

How easy is it for the smaller city of West Fargo to raise $100 million?

Just an extra $15 a year per $100,000 home on their property taxes.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

How easy is it for the smaller city of West Fargo to raise $100 million?

Just an extra $15 a year per $100,000 home on their property taxes.

Even having WF and Fargo be one city would help those possibilities.  As SV said, Fargo is sales taxed out with flood protection being in the works .  If there are donor or donors who might make this happen we’d likely have heard of them and we haven’t 

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

NDSU probably testing the water with Target Field. If successful, I could see them paying a lower level FBS team to play next time.

Could this ultimately lead to a push for a new Fargodome?

With the financial trouble Fargo is in no way would voters approve a bigger and very expensive stadium. Mayor Mahoney was complaining how much the city had to fork over when Trump visited. Plus add the price of the diversion and the cost of housing increasing. They are raising rates for storm sewers (just got the letter on Monday), so it would be up to NDSU to raise the money....good luck with that.

16 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

There are not any G5 schools that would come to the Twin Cities for NDSU.  No Ill plays games in Chicago time to time but they wouldn’t move a home game elsewhere unless it was major bucks (>$1 mill).  A school like Boise St often plays neutral site games with big paydays, but mainly against P5’s.

Unless Burgum wants to donate his fortune to a new stadium (He seems more interested in building downtown Fargo) don’t think their is another donor capable.  Sanford would build for Augustana before he helped NDSU again.  Fargo paying for the flood diversion will take years.

Just how large is Doug Burgum's fortune?   I thought when Great Plains was sold to Microsoft, Doug's brother had a larger stake in Great Plains than Doug did?  His brother (name escapes me) is a UND Grad and on or was on the UND foundation board.  Might see an on campus stadium in GF before a new one in FGO???

On 10/24/2018 at 2:05 PM, HAWKS1 said:

Just how large is Doug Burgum's fortune?   I thought when Great Plains was sold to Microsoft, Doug's brother had a larger stake in Great Plains than Doug did?  His brother (name escapes me) is a UND Grad and on or was on the UND foundation board.  Might see an on campus stadium in GF before a new one in FGO???

You're thinking of Rick.  That's Doug's cousin, not brother.  And yes, his stake in Great Plains was larger than Doug's.

12 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Great Montana blew their lead and is now down 28-21 in 4th.  That would have helped if Montana won. 

Imo if Montana would win they would move back in front of us.

Beside Mt is my 2nd most hated team.  There fans are arrogant SOBs.  Love when they lose

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

So Montana gets crushed .   What would the selection committee see in und to send them to the playoffs?  

They probably don’t see anything. UND Should probably fold up the football program. They lost today so what’s the point? 

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

So Montana gets crushed .   What would the selection committee see in und to send them to the playoffs?  

If they win out they’ll be 8-3 with road win over SHSU. Not saying it’s a nobrainer but I think they get in. 

13 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

Weber, UCD, EWU, and ISU could all be clearly in front of us at the end of the year and I think 5 teams from the Big sky would be a tough sell.  We will need to win convincingly these next three weeks.

ISU will need to beat Weber to finish 8-3. Could happen but unlikely. 

2 hours ago, siouxfb said:

Think we'll need Weber to beat ISU.   Portland State is coming on....that one won't be a gimme for us. NAU may be in a tough spot with their QB unless they heal up. 

4 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

I think it’s good Montana lost otherwise they would be one more team in front of us.  Yeah we beat them but they’d still jump us if they would’ve beaten UCD.  

8-3 with no impressive wins over teams in the rest of the playoff field hopefully gets us in. 

On 10/24/2018 at 2:05 PM, HAWKS1 said:

I'd guess NDSU gets a new stadium at some point before UND.  FargoDome isis filled up consistently, etc.  UND gets 60-80% capacity for a big home game.  In a really nice venue, no less. I doubt either one gets a new stadium anytime soon.  I'm 26 and would put money down that neither of these events happen before I'm 50.  Once you move indoors, it's tough to go back outside, and there isn't the ticket demand at either school require a sizable increase.   

6 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Think we'll need Weber to beat ISU.   Portland State is coming on....that one won't be a gimme for us. NAU may be in a tough spot with their QB unless they heal up. 

Agree 100%. We will need to play very well to win out. 

It’ll be interesting to see what EWU does without their qb down the stretch. 

10 hours ago, siouxfb said:

It's not a given that an 8-3 UND gets in over a 7-4 ISU.  both would have the same conference record.  ISU would have two FBS losses, beats UND on the road, takes UCD to OT, and the loss to Cal is looking good.

• Upvote 1