SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

47 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Personally, I don't think it is cool to wear your gear when attending a home game at a rival (Unless you are playing them of course). I don't think it is cool when Bison fans wear their colors at a UND home game when they aren't playing us. 

I don’t have bison garbage to wear. If I had gear of Charleston Southern I would’ve worn it that day. My UND gear let’s them know I’m cheering for the opposition and that my IQ is likely one standard deviation higher.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Bison have a hockey team?

Absolutely.  I was volunteering for Youth Hockey Into Camp in Fargo and some Bison Club guys were volunteering too.  I confessed my love for UND Football and Bison Hockey and the next session, they brought me a shirt!!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Idaho State up 42-21 at home against NAU in the 3rd with about 5 minutes left....on the verge of scoring again.   They have 200 yards rushing.  They have improved and are not a doormat this year.  

Was just going post that.  Let’s hope they finish out the year strong. 

Also .....Sam is taking it to the # 13 in the nation.   3rd qtr   

SU vrs Jack's.  3-4 plays are the difference.  1st quarter, Jacks throw a pick in the endzone from about the 10 yard line.  SU covers their quads left, SU has a back side D-back that settles in the middle and the QB threw it right to him.  (-7 or -3 points for Jacks)

Stick fumbles on his own 20.  Looked like the Jacks covered but the pile up was 5 minutes long and SU recovers (-7 or -3 again for Jacks)

Stick threw a pick on Jacks 20.  (-3 or -7 for SU)

Overall, both of their QBs are complete studs.  They run so well, it's hard to defend!!  Stick got lit up after a throw but the dude is tough as nails, didn't phase him.  Shepherd, SU WR looked like a pretty good player but the rest of their WRs are nothing special.  Jacks had a WR that caught EVERYTHING!!  They had a speed guy, too, dropped a deep pass in the game and didn't battle too well for an end zone pass.

Both teams are so solid.  Jacks last possession down 4 points sucked,  Sioux Sports would be calling for OC's his head after a run, run, swing pass 5 yards short of 1st down.  A missed assignment made it look like a poor call, and this happens, players make mistakes on other teams, too.

Both teams took their share of deep throws.  Both teams probably have better corners than us although Holm has taken a big step this year.

Also, both teams effectively screen pass by doing it outside the box.  The UND screen with Santiago in the box.....well, hasn't worked.

I showered twice last night.  Got to catch up with Luke S., coach for the Jacks, after the game!!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

SU vrs Jack's.  3-4 plays are the difference.  1st quarter, Jacks throw a pick in the endzone from about the 10 yard line.  SU covers their quads left, SU has a back side D-back that settles in the middle and the QB threw it right to him.  (-7 or -3 points for Jacks)

Stick fumbles on his own 20.  Looked like the Jacks covered but the pile up was 5 minutes long and SU recovers (-7 or -3 again for Jacks)

Stick threw a pick on Jacks 20.  (-3 or -7 for SU)

Overall, both of their QBs are complete studs.  They run so well, it's hard to defend!!  Stick got lit up after a throw but the dude is tough as nails, didn't phase him.  Shepherd, SU WR looked like a pretty good player but the rest of their WRs are nothing special.  Jacks had a WR that caught EVERYTHING!!  They had a speed guy, too, dropped a deep pass in the game and didn't battle too well for an end zone pass.

Both teams are so solid.  Jacks last possession down 4 points sucked,  Sioux Sports would be calling for OC's his head after a run, run, swing pass 5 yards short of 1st down.  A missed assignment made it look like a poor call, and this happens, players make mistakes on other teams, too.

Both teams took their share of deep throws.  Both teams probably have better corners than us although Holm has taken a big step this year.

Also, both teams effectively screen pass by doing it outside the box.  The UND screen with Santiago in the box.....well, hasn't worked.

I showered twice last night.  Got to catch up with Luke S., coach for the Jacks, after the game!!

You went to the game? 

14 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Yes, watching 2 top FCS teams live that are not UND gives great perspective!!

From your earlier posts I assume it’s your opinion that our staff stacks up with NDSU’s or anyone else’s. Do you think that we’re just one big recruiting class away from closing the gap on the upper echelon of FCS teams? These fire Bubba or Rudy chants are getting old. I’m not sold on some of the staff, but I don’t think a change to our staff puts us over the top. You didn’t wear a Bison hockey T-shirt did you? 

1 hour ago, bang said:

From your earlier posts I assume it’s your opinion that our staff stacks up with NDSU’s or anyone else’s. Do you think that we’re just one big recruiting class away from closing the gap on the upper echelon of FCS teams? These fire Bubba or Rudy chants are getting old. I’m not sold on some of the staff, but I don’t think a change to our staff puts us over the top. You didn’t wear a Bison hockey T-shirt did you? 

I think our O- line, QB, and OC would struggle against either team.  Next year, we should have more experience at O-line and QB, might be up to the challenge.

Our corners and WRs, too, may struggle.  

I do think we are a few key players away from competing.  A stud WR can do a lot for the O just as a shutdown corner can do for a D.

I wore a gray Fargo Force shirt, as I have billeted a number of years for them.

18 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Is ISU the better FCS program in the state of Idaho?

simple question

I would laugh if the Bengals beat the Vandals and enjoy the meltdown in Moscow, realizing that their playoff hopes would be pretty much done. 

that was a game i looking forward too also..if idaho goes from FBS to FCS to losing to ISU....meltdown commence.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, bang said:

What’s funny is NDSU (when Bohl was HC) had losing seasons before finally striking it big in 2011. Point being a single big recruiting class can make the difference. 

Now, after years of winning, NDSU simply has better players than their opponents. Their coaches aren’t slouches though. 

UND has some deficiency at both coaching and player levels. Just like NDSU in 2011, though, a single talented recruiting class at UND could change the trajectory for years to come. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

They will have a stud at QB however (he'll be better than Stick)

NDSU has had arguably the best stretch of success in a 7 year span at any level.  Yes they have had great defenses.  But, it is amazing the talent they have had a QB during that stretch.  After this season, NDSU will have the number 1 and number 2 all time winning QB's in FCS history in Stick and  Jensen.  Throw a guy that was drafted #2 overall ion Wentz in the mix and that is a pretty impressive stretch at the QB position.  Biggest question will be can the next guy continue that success next year.  Big shoes to fil.  Only discouraging part for other fanbases is those shoes continue to be filled.

23 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Was talking to a NDSU fan the other day and he mentioned the Bizun graduate 26 players this year?? If that's true that's good news for the 2019 matchup against them.

They do graduate quite a bit after this year, and we have a lot of guys coming back.  SU reloads quickly though so they will still be very good.    2019 should be a good game.  

53 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I will be watching this one on Saturday! I glanced at the score of the ISU vs NAU game on Saturday and went holy S#!*

Will be interesting to watch ISU the rest of the way.  Each win adds some shine to UND's resume, perhaps even a "quality loss" if things fall right.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Will be interesting to watch ISU the rest of the way.  Each win adds some shine to UND's resume, perhaps even a "quality loss" if things fall right.  

Always hope that the teams you lose to continue to win.