SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

7 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Much improved Miss Valley St...........maybe not, lost 71-0 to Jack. St.

There was always a chance, I guess, that MVSU could just be improved. I agree with you though, they look like the same ol' MVSU.

I'm concerned the philosophy and mindset of UND football right now doesn't allow for much aggression and/or big leads. Couldn't get separation against MVSU in the 2nd half (when UND was clearly more talented) and couldn't capitalize on opportunities calling for aggression against Washington (particularly 4th & 1 opportunity with punt decision, lack of red zone efficiency, etc.). UND had a legitimate opportunity to be in the game 17-14 in the 3rd QTR yesterday; from there anything can happen. Oh well, it didn't go that way.  

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

There was always a chance, I guess, that MVSU could just be improved. I agree with you though, they look like the same ol' MVSU.

I'm concerned the philosophy and mindset of UND football right now doesn't allow for much aggression and/or big leads. Couldn't get separation against MVSU in the 2nd half (when UND was clearly more talented) and couldn't capitalize on opportunities calling for aggression against Washington (particularly 4th & 1 opportunity with punt decision, lack of red zone efficiency, etc.). UND had a legitimate opportunity to be in the game 17-14 in the 3rd QTR yesterday; from there anything can happen. Oh well, it didn't go that way.  

Right.

We showed a lot of class in not curb stomping MVSU, or we are not capable of that.

Then against UW, we just knew we had to play it close to the vest and not show Sam H. what we have, or we are not cold blooded killers.

Both games didn't send the right message to me anyway.

Sam H. probably thinks our QB can't throw the ball more than 10 feet watching the UW game!!  (Unless out of bounds)

Week #3, put up or shut up.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Right.

We showed a lot of class in not curb stomping MVSU, or we are not capable of that.

Then against UW, we just knew we had to play it close to the vest and not show Sam H. what we have, or we are not cold blooded killers.

Both games didn't send the right message to me anyway.

Sam H. probably thinks our QB can't throw the ball more than 10 feet watching the UW game!!  (Unless out of bounds)

Week #3, put up or shut up.

I completely agree. Just like week 3 last season, I think this week will set the general direction for the remainder of the season.

We all know how week 3 went last season (@South Dakota) ... season pretty much followed suit after that. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I completely agree. Just like week 3 last season, I think this week will set the general direction for the remainder of the season.

We all know how week 3 went last season (@South Dakota) ... season pretty much followed suit after that. 

exactly...after the sodak game we knew we were gonna hae a long season...SHSU will tell us bunches on saturday and i can't wait to find out

• Upvote 4

Davidson absolutely destroyed DIII Guilford 91-61!!!  Stats are ridiculous!  Davidson had 685 rushing yards via the triple option, only passed the ball 8 times, and had 964 yards of total offense!!  Insane!! 

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/college-football-records-news-davidson-guilford-score-stats-video-ncaa-2018/17b7zc11ow6yc17esebvoo29c2

stats.jpg

21 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If you had Guilford holding Davidson under 684 yards of rushing offense ... you lost!  :0

Worse? If you're Davidson, you ran for 685 ... and still gave up more total offense yards than that (698) to your opponent. 

D1 Davidson gave up 698 total yards and 61 points to a D3 team!!!  I guess they can be happy with their performance.  But I doubt the defensive coordinator for Davidson was expecting numbers even remotely close to that!

9 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

8 turnovers so far that game (NAU 4 ints and a fumble recovery, only 6 points to show.) At the half, NAU with an extremely boneheaded ST play. Gives the ball back to MSU at the 10. They score.23-6

This makes EWU close game against NAU......not make EWU look quite as good either. Really surprised by this NAU score

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

North Alabama trail NDSU 17-0 at the half. UNA could be a real good team in the FCS like they were in DII. Not doing too bad as a transition team.

Give them a couple of years and they will be one the top FCS teams.    I see the same trend with North Alabama as I saw with NDSU when they moved up to FCS.

• Upvote 1

UC Davis loses to Stanford 30-10, they made the game very interesting before Stanford pulled away. Once again I ask how is UCDavis not ranked. I don’t know what else they have to do to get respect.

wolford almost beats Wyoming. I don’t know how the people in WY are so faithful to that team . Man they are awful with exception to the last couple seasons.