SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

35 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Lol what would you say if some NDSU or Minnesota dude brought up wrestling titles?

Same concept. 

Nope.

A Division 1 wrestling title and a Division 1 hockey title are given to the best college team in the country. You have 129 teams fighting for a Top division title in football and UND and NDSU are essentially playing for 130th place. I am fine with our football team competing in that division but many bison fans seem to lose sight of that FACT.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

It'll be making it's way to the Heritage Center in Bismarck within the next few years.

The NICKEL doesn't belong in Bismarck, It belongs on 1 of the U's campuses. I think they should play for it one more time down the road, maybe in 2020 the next conference game, winner gets to put it on their campus as a display forever.

2 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

750,000 people watched the championship round on ESPN.... or 300,000 more than watched DU win their championship in hockey last season.

Niche sports my man.  

I'm guessing his "fake" comment refers to the perception of non-football/basketball sports at most schools take a backseat. But you already knew that. 

Good stuff.  

8 hours ago, TRex said:

As good as that kid is, do you really think he'll stick with NDSU?   By signing day an FBS school will snatch him up.   He already had an offer from NIU I believe.

A good chunk of NDSU commits have FBS offers. Unless a Power 5 school offers, I would guess he stays with NDSU. 

16 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

A good chunk of NDSU commits have FBS offers. Unless a Power 5 school offers, I would guess he stays with NDSU. 

If "a good chunk" of NDSU commits are G5 caliber players, then maybe it's time for NDSU to move to the Big 12 or the MAC?

For the record, I do not think either UND or NDSU have any business being in FBS.

Who would have guess that SDSU would lose at home to UNI by more than we did to Montana, not me.  Our season has been a wreck, decimated with injuries.  SDSU....had title hopes this year....they are unraveling.  But they will end up playing NDSU tight this year, and once again everyone will talk about how good SDSU is. 

9 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Missouri State only down by four.....28-24 to Western Illinois, we beat them 34-0.  I guess our culture must have been a lot better 4 games ago, or is better than Western Illinois culture. 

Rodgers going down set the slide in motion. Tack on the arrests and getting 40+ hung on us by everyone and problems start to appear. I hope this year stings to the bone for everyone in the program. It should be a wakeup call and will hopefully galvanize the team going forward.

12 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Rodgers going down set the slide in motion. Tack on the arrests and getting 40+ hung on us by everyone and problems start to appear. I hope this year stings to the bone for everyone in the program. It should be a wakeup call and will hopefully galvanize the team going forward.

Culture is something that is typically cultivated over time and doesn't generally change in a matter of weeks......typically.  The drug arrest turned out to be a good thing, because that kind of crap on the team is a divider so I'm glad it happened now and this year instead of next year when we are hopefully playing for something.  Team bounced back on the field nicely last week after those arrests which I think was a good sign.  I am with you though, I hope this rough season just brings them all together and makes us an even tougher team mentally next year, and a lot more hungry.

On 10/13/2017 at 9:29 AM, JohnboyND7 said:

750,000 people watched the championship round on ESPN.... or 300,000 more than watched DU win their championship in hockey last season.

What do you consider the championship "round?"

i don't think anyone is arguing that hockey is more popular than football.

• Like 1