SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

7 hours ago, bison73 said:

You were on point about trying to get teams to schedule us. Extremely difficult.

5 hours ago, bison73 said:

Give JJ a call he can give you those details. I dont have the information to elaborate or speculate on specifics.

So do you know how difficult it is or not? You're talking out of both sides here, you definitively proclaim how difficult it is and then deflect when I call BS on the home/home thing. I've yet to hear of a single team turning down a game in Fargo if NDSU returns the favor (Montana State doesn't count, they paid the agreed upon buyout to fulfill that contract).

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

So do you know how difficult it is or not? You're talking out of both sides here, you definitively proclaim how difficult it is and then deflect when I call BS on the home/home thing. I've yet to hear of a single team turning down a game in Fargo if NDSU returns the favor (Montana State doesn't count, they paid the agreed upon buyout to fulfill that contract).

OMG every time you dont get the answer you are looking for you give the same old talking out of both sides of your mouth etc etc. Cant you have a discussion with out being accusatory?

So you expect a news release  every time a school turns NDSU down ? Why do you assume if a home and home was offered that teams would jump at that offer?  From what I hear you would be wrong. 

Plus why would NDSU do a home and home if it not in our best interest and if we dont have to?

Another repeat scenario is NDSU calling a school and not getting a call back. Some schools just say a flat no to playing us without hearing the deal.

But you believe what you want.

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

OMG every time you dont get the answer you are looking for you give the same old talking out of both sides of your mouth etc etc. Cant you have a discussion with out being accusatory?

So you expect a news release  every time a school turns NDSU down ? Why do you assume if a home and home was offered that teams would jump at that offer?  From what I hear you would be wrong. 

Plus why would NDSU do a home and home if it not in our best interest and if we dont have to?

Another repeat scenario is NDSU calling a school and not getting a call back. Some schools just say a flat no to playing us without hearing the deal.

But you believe what you want.

The scheduling is only difficult when MooU is trying to screw over the opponent. Self inflicting, so, don't complain about how tough it is on here, what the hell do you expect, and telling dub he didn't get the answer he was looking for (accusatory?), straighten out your cross eyed eyeballs and go back to Bisonville and cry there.  Arrogance at it's best. 

Oh, and theeeeennnn you wonder why they will not call MooU back?   I can email you a map if you are really that lost!

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

This bold is the key. It isn't that it's hard to get games, it's that it is hard for them to get the games they want at the price/terms they want and that fit into their scheduling philosophy. That makes a big difference when people are publicly crying about that "no one will play us" when in actuality it is "no one will play us under the terms we want". Nothing wrong with it, but it is definitely misleading. I don't think we need news releases, but they sure have not problem letting out scheduling information that makes them look like the victim, however I don't see them leaking out anything that would paint them in any other light. Their prerogative, they can do as they please.

There are tons of FCS schools who would do a home/home with NDSU, however NDSU is reluctant to do that because of how traveling to an FCS school impacts their flexibility. Matt Larsen has publicly admitted as much multiple times, so I'm not sure why you are getting all worked up over it? I'm not believing what I want, I'm going off exactly what Matt Larsen and others have said about scheduling. It doesn't take a rocket science to do the math.

As for the talking out of both sides of your mouth thing, you first comment was about how previous commentary was spot on about how "extremely difficult" it was to schedule games and your second comment was about how you don't have the information to elaborate on scheduling when in fact you already did exactly that and then did so again in the above comment. You are deflecting when it's convenient.

7db.gif

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

This bold is the key. It isn't that it's hard to get games, it's that it is hard for them to get the games they want at the price/terms they want and that fit into their scheduling philosophy. That makes a big difference when people are publicly crying about that "no one will play us" when in actuality it is "no one will play us under the terms we want". Nothing wrong with it, but it is definitely misleading.

There are tons of FCS schools who would do a home/home with NDSU, however NDSU is reluctant to do that because of how traveling to an FCS school impacts their flexibility. Matt Larsen has publicly admitted as much multiple times, so I'm not sure why you are getting all worked up over it? I'm not believing what I want, I'm going off exactly what Matt Larsen and others have said about scheduling. It doesn't take a rocket science to do the math.

As for the talking out of both sides of your mouth thing, you first comment was about how previous commentary was spot on about how "extremely difficult" it was to schedule games and your second comment was about how you don't have the information to elaborate on scheduling when in fact you already did exactly that and then did so again in the above comment. You are deflecting when it's convenient.

Image result for terrific come back

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

This bold is the key. It isn't that it's hard to get games, it's that it is hard for them to get the games they want at the price/terms they want and that fit into their scheduling philosophy. That makes a big difference when people are publicly crying about that "no one will play us" when in actuality it is "no one will play us under the terms we want". Nothing wrong with it, but it is definitely misleading. I don't think we need news releases, but they sure have not problem letting out scheduling information that makes them look like the victim, however I don't see them leaking out anything that would paint them in any other light. Their prerogative, they can do as they please.

Please provide a list to JJ of who will schedule us. You obviously know more than he does.

Matt Larsen has never said he wouldnt do a home and home. He said Home and Homes impacts out flexibility which is true. Some how you have extrapolated that statement to mean we wont.

Im not worked up over anything. Actually Im amused that some folks have so much heartburn over our scheduling?????.  I think we all know what the issue with some of you is. Its really not about our scheduling at all.

41 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Please provide a list to JJ of who will schedule us. You obviously know more than he does.

Matt Larsen has never said he wouldnt do a home and home. He said Home and Homes impacts out flexibility which is true. Some how you have extrapolated that statement to mean we wont.

Im not worked up over anything. Actually Im amused that some folks have so much heartburn over our scheduling?????.  I think we all know what the issue with some of you is. Its really not about our scheduling at all.

I'll type it up and get it over to him, I can tell how busy he is doing his show over on the Bison Propaganda Network to call schools up and say "Hey, how would you like to host NDSU and have us bring our 5,000 10,000 25,000+ traveling fan base to your stadium? All you need to do is play a game up in Fargo."

Matt Larsen has said they need 6 home games every year and would like an FBS every year (though that has obviously not worked out). If he were to get what he wants, then there is absolutely zero need for extrapolating to realize you can't have your 2 OOC home games (plus 4 conference home games to reach 6 total) and an FBS game and still have room to honor away games for home/home contracts, it's just simple math. The caveat would be if they did it in on of the few 12 game seasons upcoming like they are doing with Delaware in 2018/2019, though there is no FBS game, instead they are playing Butler at Target Field. So again, I believe that they are struggling to get an FBS opponent they want or makes it worth while and that teams are asking for a good chunk of change to come up to the Fargodome, however I'm not buying they are having a hard time with home/home games, meaning they could find games, they just aren't under the terms they want.

48 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Is lakes bison's real name Sam Hum by chance?

Posted by gobison
Lakes, it's pretty easy to look up who owns a domain name.
bisonation.com is owned by you, LakesBison aka Sam Humann.
Please, stop being a tool on every college message board and making NDSU fans everywhere look bad.

under Theft
Samuel Paul Humann, 3110 Westgate Drive, $250 costs, deferred imposition for two years.

53 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

What’s he spouting about now? Big 12, SEC, Big 10 admittance? Or is he coming up with lies and other crap about UND on another message board.

That guy loves UND and he doesn't even know it. He's on the FCS facebook page talking crap about our team, I mean backups.

Interesting post on Bisonville.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38353-Playoff-Matchup-2017/page10

El_Chapo is offlineSenior MemberBisonville Hall of Famereputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png

Blog Entries

Default Re: Playoff Matchup 2017

how are these ASSHOLES allowed to post this crap, yet im banned? freakin joke.
Can I please come back? Ill put a disclaimer in sig that bisonville isn't responsible for my comments. FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

7 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Interesting post on Bisonville.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38353-Playoff-Matchup-2017/page10

El_Chapo is offlineSenior MemberBisonville Hall of Famereputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png

Blog Entries

Default Re: Playoff Matchup 2017

how are these ASSHOLES allowed to post this crap, yet im banned? freakin joke.
Can I please come back? Ill put a disclaimer in sig that bisonville isn't responsible for my comments. FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

So he's banned as Lakes, but yet they let him post his usual crap as El Chapo. That place is a nuclear waste dump and made AGS their second dump site. 

d1a5af292b6fade52a5554088e36b277.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I'll type it up and get it over to him, I can tell how busy he is doing his show over on the Bison Propaganda Network to call schools up and say "Hey, how would you like to host NDSU and have us bring our 5,000 10,000 25,000+ traveling fan base to your stadium? All you need to do is play a game up in Fargo."

Matt Larsen has said they need 6 home games every year and would like an FBS every year (though that has obviously not worked out). If he were to get what he wants, then there is absolutely zero need for extrapolating to realize you can't have your 2 OOC home games (plus 4 conference home games to reach 6 total) and an FBS game and still have room to honor away games for home/home contracts, it's just simple math. The caveat would be if they did it in on of the few 12 game seasons upcoming like they are doing with Delaware in 2018/2019, though there is no FBS game, instead they are playing Butler at Target Field. So again, I believe that they are struggling to get an FBS opponent they want or makes it worth while and that teams are asking for a good chunk of change to come up to the Fargodome, however I'm not buying they are having a hard time with home/home games, meaning they could find games, they just aren't under the terms they want.

Who should dictate the terms of home/home contracts?  dub27?  darell1976?  My sister's kids?  That is one of the most ignorant things I've read.  I pose some questions:

1.  Why do you care who NDSU plays OOC?  

2.  What was your complaint last when year when we beat Charleston S and EWU (i intentionally omitted Iowa since you clowns don't think road wins over ranked FBS opponents matter)?  "Oh, you should have played them on the road!!!  GRRRRRR!!!"

3. Should Larsen and staff give up all bargaining power so you can manufacture something else to whine about?

Your complaints are confusing.

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

UND would have.

And in this hypothetical argument, I'll take wins over your silly sense of scheduling transparency.  You kids have a serious "little brother" issue.  Go play the teams you play, win and maybe someday we'll meet in the playoffs.  

57 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

So he's banned as Lakes, but yet they let him post his usual crap as El Chapo. That place is a nuclear waste dump and made AGS their second dump site. 

d1a5af292b6fade52a5554088e36b277.jpg

Hes been banned numerous time but keeps coming back under different aliases. They let him stay under elchapo but every post is moderated for content.

21 minutes ago, TX Bison said:

Who should dictate the terms of home/home contracts?  dub27?  darell1976?  My sister's kids?  That is one of the most ignorant things I've read.  I pose some questions:

1.  Why do you care who NDSU plays OOC?  

2.  What was your complaint last when year when we beat Charleston S and EWU (i intentionally omitted Iowa since you clowns don't think road wins over ranked FBS opponents matter)?  "Oh, you should have played them on the road!!!  GRRRRRR!!!"

3. Should Larsen and staff give up all bargaining power so you can manufacture something else to whine about?

The terms of a home and home are "you play at my place and I'll play at yours", it really is that simple and there are not really any other terms to dictate. I feel pretty confident your sister's kids could probably handle it. The problem is because of NDSU's preferred scheduling philosophy, they don't want to/are unable to do they part where they play at someone else's place. 

1. I don't care, but NDSU fans are being dishonest when they say "no one will play us" when it's more accurate that "no one will place us under the self-imposed conditions we want to base our schedule on". Be honest about it, the want/need of 6 home games and an FBS game has been a huge hurdle and prevented more home/home being scheduled and is a big part of the reason "no one will play us".

2. Not sure what the relevance of that is other than they did go to EWU this year, fulfilling the back-end of the home/home, which is why they either weren't going to have an FBS game or 6 home games. NDSU obviously had given up trying to get an FBS game for this season when they signed the EWU contract in 2014 because the 6 home games take precedent. 

3. Again, I don't care what they do but again, complaining that "no one will play us" is clearly disingenuous. Why does "manufactured" discussion on a non-rivals message board bother you so much?

11 minutes ago, TX Bison said:

And in this hypothetical argument, I'll take wins over your silly sense of scheduling transparency.  You kids have a serious "little brother" issue.  Go play the teams you play, win and maybe someday we'll meet in the playoffs.  

An NDSU fan asked for a team, he gave one. NDSU was the one who refused to sign a home/home. Why the need to get so worked up over that?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

The terms of a home and home are play at my place and I play at yours, it really is that simple and there are not really any other terms to dictate unless one team is feeling generous and offers to cover a little bit of travel expenses, though it rarely happens. The problem is because of NDSU's preferred scheduling philosophy, they don't want to/are unable to do they part where they play at someone else's places. 

1. I don't care, but NDSU fans are being dishonest when they say "no one will play us" when it's more accurate that "no one will place us under the self-imposed conditions we want to base our schedule on". Be honest about it, the want/need of 6 home games and an FBS game has been a huge hurdle and prevented more home/home being scheduled and is a big part of the reason "no one will play us".

2. Not sure what the relevance of that is other than they did go to EWU this year, fulfilling the back-end of the home/home, which is why they either weren't going to have an FBS game or 6 home games. NDSU obviously had given up trying to get an FBS game for this season when they signed the EWU contract in 2014 because the 6 home games take precedent. 

3. Again, I don't care what they do but again, complaining that "no one will play us" is clearly disingenuous. Why does "manufactured" discussion on a non-rivals message board bother you so much?

An NDSU fan asked a team, he gave you one. Why the need to get so worked up over that?

Im not worked up.  We're 5-0 and going to play the Fighting Pelini's.  That's exciting.

And yes, filling a schedule is difficult when we want it done on our terms.  I'll refer you to the attendance numbers of games in Fargo.  We make money when we host games.  

Best of luck in Bozeman and the rest of the season.  Seriously.  Would love to see you guys win out and hop the train to Fargo for a playoff game this year.