SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

Coming into the year NDSU fans knew the OOC was a little bit of a stinker, two legitimate cupcake games. What couldn’t be anticipated was that they would be followed up with the worst two teams in the conference the next two weeks. If Indiana state and Missouri state were sprinkled in later weeks the schedule rounds out quite nicely this year. Overall the degree of difficulty this year is insane. It’s just backloaded.

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Factual comment regarding ndsu's schedule.  You had no legitimate retort, so you simply took a shot at UND.

Legitimate retort??  The guy said he would walk on hot, molten glass vs say anything positive about the Bison.  I assumed that most of the legitimacy had leaked out the conversation.  

Just now, TX Bison said:

Legitimate retort??  The guy said he would walk on hot, molten glass vs say anything positive about the Bison.  I assumed that most of the legitimacy had leaked out the conversation.  

I said cheerlead, NOT "say anything positive about the Bison". Please get your facts straight if you are going to talk about my posts.

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I said cheerlead, NOT "say anything positive about the Bison". Please get your facts straight if you are going to talk about my posts.

Listen, I didn't even know this site existed until a few days ago and wanted to see what your fan base was saying regarding the unforeseen losses and recent arrests.  Then I committed a mortal sin by misquoting a guy who said he would walk on hot, molten glass.  Yikes.  You guys take this pretty seriously.

I know where you can get some weed to take the edge off.  

58 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And despite what they have accomplished over the past 6 years, it doesn't change the fact that four out of their first five games were against teams that would struggle to beat the top teams in the NSIC. If they want to continue to b!tch and moan about how soft our schedule is, then they should expect the same treatment from us. I don't go on Bisonville and make comments like that, but if they want to come here and do that, then they should expect some backlash. And that is what they will get from me.

There is a sense from their fan base that nobody will come within three touchdowns of them from now to Frisco. Obviously, that notion will be tested as they move into the meat of the MVFC schedule. If they can run the table in the regular season, the quality of their first five teams won't matter to me or anyone else. But to say it is wrong to point out the softness of their schedule so far is pure hogwash. It is a legitimate point and legitimate topic of conversation. And if it was UND with NDSU's schedule, I would say the same thing.

It is almost like there is some unwritten rule that UND fans are not supposed to talk about certain things with regard to NDSU and that is pure horse@%^&. I'll bring up whatever I want with them. This is a rivalry and that is how rivalries work. I would rather walk barefoot on hot, molten glass than cheerlead for them.

Dont paint the whole fan base by the mouth of a few fanatics. I dont think all UND fans are like Darryl and SV.

Of course our schedule has been soft. Who said it wasnt? EWU might be an exception but we wont know until the next few games to find out if EWU gave us any competition or not.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Very funny. I am not suggesting you guys schedule two FBS money games and three games vs. Top 5 FCS teams. My point is that you don't prove anything by running up the score against teams like Mississippi Valley State. The meat of the MVFC schedule is coming up. That will tell us more about them.

We didnt run up the score.  The game was basically over after MSVS first 3 possessions where they turned the ball over 3 times and we scored. In what the first 4-5 minutes. Geez.

59 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

NDSU has a hard time getting FBS games and buying cheaper money home games, however I don't buy that NDSU would have a hard time scheduling home/homes with other FCS schools. For their own various reasons/guidelines, they choose not to do it very often, but lumping that in with the other two and claiming that agreeing to those deals is extremely difficult is BS..

Of course I didnt expect your opinion to be any different. :D

6 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I think Youngstown is overrated this year, we’ll see this weekend, but I think their defense is suspect after losing two draft picks on the DL. I think they’ll miss the playoffs. We’ll see on the other two.

Agreed, QB remains an issue and the back-end of their D is looking rough.  I think Stick and Co light them up.  If SDSU could have stayed on the field, they would have had a chance but :08 TOP makes it hard to win.

25 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

What team is going to turn down a chance to bring NDSU in for the price of whatever it costs to send their team to Fargo?

Give JJ a call he can give you those details. I dont have the information to elaborate or speculate on specifics.

8 hours ago, darell1976 said:

No NDSU at UND, oh wait that one is coming in 2020 (no getting around that one). 

2020 conference schedule released yet?

You are aware there is a very legitimate chance that the conference schedule sets up so UND is in Fargo right?

2017 - VS. USD, UNI, MO St. Western@ SDSU 

2018 - @USD, UNI, Mo St, Western   Vs. SDSU

2019 Vs. USD, UNI, MO St, Western @SDSU

?????2020  Vs. SDSU, UND @USD UNI MO ST and Western? 

Not sure they have any idea yet on how they'll be scheduling in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

Dont paint the whole fan base by the mouth of a few fanatics. I dont think all UND fans are like Darryl and SV.

Of course our schedule has been soft. Who said it wasnt? EWU might be an exception but we wont know until the next few games to find out if EWU gave us any competition or not.

I couldn't agree more. I have always said it really is just the few rotten thousands of Bison fans that ruin it for the other 50.:D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1