SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

32 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Actually, I heard he broke it at the turf the night before when he punched a homeless elderly man who asked him for some spare change. The nice guy thing is a massive cover up in a joint effort between the stare if ND and the NFL to take us all for millions. Thanks Obama.

I heard it was a homeless native woman. Sexist and racist and ginger.

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2017 at 11:02 AM, Bison06 said:

I agree UND has bigger problems, but given USD’s status as a historical rival and a program that given their circumstances(transitioned at the same time as UND, brand new coaching staff and other similarities) UND fans likely see USD as a measuring stick of sorts. I know I looked at SDSU in a similar way when we transitioned up together.

But it swings both ways. UND beat them last year, and very well could again next year with a healthy roster. 

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Actually, I heard he broke it at the turf the night before when he punched a homeless elderly man who asked him for some spare change. The nice guy thing is a massive cover up in a joint effort between the stare if ND and the NFL to take us all for millions. Thanks Obama.

I thought it happened at the I Beam. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Bison06 said:

You two just can’t get enough of my opinions around here can you? When was the last time you saw a championship team have 27 unanswered points against them? Crown USD if you want to, I know it makes you feel good, but I see serious flaws in their game on both sides of the ball and I believe they will get exposed when it comes down to it.

Whoa whoa whoa lol, I never said I thought they were going to win it all or even win the MVFC, somebody else made a comment about them winning the MVFC or being the best team.  I was just saying at the time you said that teams now have a blueprint on how to stop them, and I was saying I was thinking it was more of USD letting off the gas last week and then couldn't get it going again.  That happens sometimes when teams get up like that.  I actually doubt they will win the Championship this year, but they are certainly one of the contenders and could make some noise in the playoffs.  For a team to win the championship that wasn't even ranked coming into the season would be unheard of, but they seem to have proven they are the real deal so far.  It's still USD though.....so we'll see what happens.

13 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Whoa whoa whoa lol, I never said I thought they were going to win it all or even win the MVFC, somebody else made a comment about them winning the MVFC or being the best team.  I was just saying at the time you said that teams now have a blueprint on how to stop them, and I was saying I was thinking it was more of USD letting off the gas last week and then couldn't get it going again.  That happens sometimes when teams get up like that.  I actually doubt they will win the Championship this year, but they are certainly one of the contenders and could make some noise in the playoffs.  For a team to win the championship that wasn't even ranked coming into the season would be unheard of, but they seem to have proven they are the real deal so far.  It's still USD though.....so we'll see what happens.

I could see them beating the Bizon in Vermillion.

21 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Fair enough. What is your take on them repeating almost exactly what happened the week before and almost losing the game as a result this time?

My take is they don’t have a running game outside of Streveler and they’re defense is susceptible in a lot of ways.

The reason the offense hits the pause button at times is they only run a few plays for Strveler and coming out of halftime other teams are scheming to beat those plays and they don’t have any alternative offense to turn to.

I think they are very good, but I see them losing 2-3 games the rest of the way and winning a first round game in the playoffs and then getting bounced.

44 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Fair enough. What is your take on them repeating almost exactly what happened the week before and almost losing the game as a result this time?

My take is they don’t have a running game outside of Streveler and they’re defense is susceptible in a lot of ways.

The reason the offense hits the pause button at times is they only run a few plays for Strveler and coming out of halftime other teams are scheming to beat those plays and they don’t have any alternative offense to turn to.

I think they are very good, but I see them losing 2-3 games the rest of the way and winning a first round game in the playoffs and then getting bounced.

Their OL doesn’t seem good or experienced enough to run behind consistently in the traditional way. They have a couple nice backs though.

If USD can continually get to 2nd and 5 or 6 they will be ok.  They have done it to everyone they have played.  

Again, right now their resume is the tops in this half of the country if not all of FCS.  Something they are doing is working.  

7 minutes ago, homer said:

If USD can continually get to 2nd and 5 or 6 they will be ok.  They have done it to everyone they have played.  

Again, right now their resume is the tops in this half of the country if not all of FCS.  Something they are doing is working.  

No doubt they are doing something right, we’ll see how it plays out, but as of now I don’t see a deep run type of team. 

I think they lose to SDSU and NDSU due to style of play.

No doubt they are doing something right, we’ll see how it plays out, but as of now I don’t see a deep run type of team. 

I think they lose to SDSU and NDSU due to style of play.

I actually think they could beat those two and lose to someone else. They’re on a mission this year and their list had UND NDSU and SDSU on it.

4 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Oh I'm sure it will happen, I certainly don't see them going undefeated.  When you are so reliant on one person, Streveler in this case, if that person isn't totally on their game......you are in trouble. They play you guys in Fargo this year right, if so I'd give you guys the edge.  If the game is at USD, it would be hard to pick against USD........not saying they for sure win, would be a good game.

So the Bison are 5-0. Only 1 out of the 5 opponents have a winning record (EWU) the rest have a combined 4 wins total. So when I see comments on FB from Moo U fans saying move up this is too easy, have they seen who they have played? They now have one opponent left with a losing record (UNI). So maybe with the tougher opponents we can all see if NDSU is just that good, esepecially away from the Fargodome.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

So the Bison are 5-0. Only 1 out of the 5 opponents have a winning record (EWU) the rest have a combined 4 wins total. So when I see comments on FB from Moo U fans saying move up this is too easy, have they seen who they have played? They now have one opponent left with a losing record (UNI). So maybe with the tougher opponents we can all see if NDSU is just that good, esepecially away from the Fargodome.

Even though 4 of those teams have sucked NDSU is very good this year. And that's without an All American DE and their starting LT amongst others.

18 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

They are that good

2 hours ago, homer said:

They are that good

Well?  They've played 4 cupcakes and E Wash.

SDSU beat them last year in Fargo. SD beat them the year before in Fargo.

Are the SD's better this year than in their recent past? Maybe, SD seems like it is. Both could  beat the Bizon here shortly, they have so in the last two years.

Youngstown St and Northern Iowa are still in the picture?

We'll see how it plays out, lot of ball left?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Why is everyone so eager to see NDSU away from the Dome? They have a better winning percentage on the road than they do at home since 2011.

Why is everyone so eager to see NDSU away from the Dome? They have a better winning percentage on the road than they do at home since 2011.

Just what is their road record against OOC FCS teams not including playoffs? It’s probably like 4-0? Since they don’t go on the road except for FBS teams.

10 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Have you been in a coma for the last 6 years? Newsflash. NDSU is pretty effen good and they have been for awhile.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Just what is their road record against OOC FCS teams not including playoffs? It’s probably like 4-0? Since they don’t go on the road except for FBS teams.

OOC FCS teams on the road, during the regular season, when venus was in the 3rd house and the opposing qb was left handed and there is a democratic president and my friend steve is wearing his lucky underwear? How many qualifiers do you need before you are satisfied?

The answer is they are 2-1 in OOC regular reason FCS road games. All against Big Sky opponents.

Weber, Montana, Eastern Washington. Unless I missed one.

4 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Have you been in a coma for the last 6 years? Newsflash. NDSU is pretty effen good and they have been for awhile.

Darell1976 is talking about THIS YEAR, not the last 6 years. The point is that (minus EWU) they have been beating up on glorified high school teams and thus haven't proven anything yet. By the end of the regular season, we'll know what they are or aren't THIS SEASON.

• Like 1