SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

You don't think NDSU can make the playoffs yet?

Like I said if Easton Stick isn't up to par. 3 losses and they are out, 2 losses and they are on the bubble. Rumor is 8-10 weeks for Wentz, that's not good. They have to play at Southern Illinois and at Youngstown St, plus play undefeated (in the conference) WIU, it's a big road ahead without their superstar.

Talent must have ran out with a healthy Wentz in Missoula and a hurt Wentz in Fargo. This is not the team from last year. If Easton is not up to par you can cheer for the Bunnies in the playoffs.

Lol a healthy Wentz. The healthy Wentz who had a high ankle sprain and was having trouble walking.

I realize this isn't last year's team. Doesn't mean they don't have the talent to make the playoffs and win it all. Not like UND who actually does not have the talent to win a national championship.

Like I said if Easton Stick isn't up to par. 3 losses and they are out, 2 losses and they are on the bubble. Rumor is 8-10 weeks for Wentz, that's not good. They have to play at Southern Illinois and at Youngstown St, plus play undefeated (in the conference) WIU, it's a big road ahead without their superstar.

I would be much more worried about UND's playoff situation than NDSU. A 7 win NDSU team will make the playoffs before a 7 win UND team.

• Downvote 4

Lol a healthy Wentz. The healthy Wentz who had a high ankle sprain and was having trouble walking.

I realize this isn't last year's team. Doesn't mean they don't have the talent to make the playoffs and win it all. Not like UND who actually does not have the talent to win a national championship.

We all know that. Nobody here is saying UND does. Are you inferring that someone is saying the contrary?  Or do you just enjoy crapping on others in their message boards?  The bunnies board must be full of your BS, then.

Edited by Teeder11
  • Upvote 3

WIU is a win, YSU and Southern Illinois could be a toss up.  At absolute worst I see a 4 loss season which they would still be in the playoffs. 

Western Illinois on the road to Cedar Falls beat the same team that NDSU squeaked by in Fargo the week before. After the showing NDSU put up last week, I wouldn't mark down any sure wins, especially with a QB that has zero experience. Not saying that their season is even close to over, but pump the brakes a little bit.

Not enough talent to beat Montana and South Dakota I see. Also I thought the dumbest thing you have seen is your posts on this board. Gives me and others a good laugh.

I did think USD looked scared shitless though...didn't you? :silly:

I think outplaying them was just a cover to hide the terror inside.

• Upvote 2

I would be much more worried about UND's playoff situation than NDSU. A 7 win NDSU team will make the playoffs before a 7 win UND team.

A 7 win team will not make the playoffs.  Even with the expanded field, Unlless you win your conference with 7 wins, the likelihood of getting in is pretty low.

Poor Carson Wentz . Hope he has enough memories of the good ole days because life on the practice squad starts next year just like his good buddycrockett . I see Zach Zenner tearing it up for the lions...... Wasn't this what Crockett was supposed to do ? Bison players= overrated jv football stars 

• Downvote 7

While I hate NDSU as much as anyone else on this forum, this is classless and tasteless. The kid just had his season ruined and that is nothing to celebrate. Cheer against his team all you want (I sure will), but don't cheer against the player.

Please don't stoop to Bisonville's low standards of decency.

for the record, I wholeheartedly second this post

• Upvote 4

Poor Carson Wentz . Hope he has enough memories of the good ole days because life on the practice squad starts next year just like his good buddycrockett . I see Zach Zenner tearing it up for the lions...... Wasn't this what Crockett was supposed to do ? Bison players= overrated jv football stars 

Go away.  

• Upvote 2

While I hate NDSU as much as anyone else on this forum, this is classless and tasteless. The kid just had his season ruined and that is nothing to celebrate. Cheer against his team all you want (I sure will), but don't cheer against the player.

Please don't stoop to Bisonville's low standards of decency.

I don't think you get my point. I don't care if he goes down with a season ending injury or wins another national championship; either way he is overrated at the NFL level. not cheering at all about his injury

• Downvote 2

I don't think you get my point. I don't care if he goes down with a season ending injury or wins another national championship; either way he is overrated at the NFL level. not cheering at all about his injury

Really? And why did you choose today of all days to bring that up? I think we both know the answer to that question.

that's what ndac fans said from about 1990 til 2011...

How many programs would be happy to have a championship slump of 21 years? People throw around championships like they are easy to attain.

UND hockey is the gold standard of the NCAA hockey world in my mind and hasn't won a chmapionship in 15 years.

Montana is considered the best PROGRAM  at the FCS level outside of maybe NDSU, and they haven't reached the pinnacle of success in 15 years.

They aren't easy to come by, people forget that, NDSU fans included.

How many programs would be happy to have a championship slump of 21 years? People throw around championships like they are easy to attain.

UND hockey is the gold standard of the NCAA hockey world in my mind and hasn't won a chmapionship in 15 years.

Montana is considered the best PROGRAM  at the FCS level outside of maybe NDSU, and they haven't reached the pinnacle of success in 15 years.

They aren't easy to come by, people forget that, NDSU fans included.

imo an fcs football championship is probably the easiest "title" to win...especially in the current state of fcs football (all the big dogs took their balls and went fbs)....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really? And why did you choose today of all days to bring that up? I think we both know the answer to that question.

I said that on day one when this draft discussion first came up. You guys were the ones talking about Wentz. I don't think this injury will hurt his prospects because a wrist injury is nothing compared to a knee etc. sorry I should have waited for the end of the bison season and not his. My bad

Talk about one stupid post.  How do you know he's overrated at the NFL level?  They have him rated fairly high for the draft prior to his injury so they obviously think highly about him.  6'-5" 230 pound QB like him would be huge if he develops in the NFL

there are so many other QB's out there it will be hard for him to make it to the top. I think this game day hype has made his name bigger. But you never know he could pull a flacco