SiouxSports.com Forum

Scheduled downtime / maintenance on Sunday night

jimdahl

I'm not sure what you mean. My recollection is that on the index page, the line for each forum showed the title of the one thread that had the most recent post, just like it does now. So, you can quick jump to the new posts in that thread with a single click, or click the forum title to see the list of threads from that forum.

A couple other things that you might find helpful...

• In the sidebar, in addition to a list of the most recently started threads (which will appear once the board is done reindexing everything), we were able to add a list of the most recent posts.
  • The new content button at the top brings you to a list of all of the activity on the forum since your last visit. That list can be filtered by forum, or other attributes.

The problem is that on the index page, under "Message Board" my only option is to click on "more forums" instead of being able to see the title of the threads that have had the most recent posts and allowing you to click on them.  Instead, I have to click on "more forums" and scroll down to find the most recent thread(s).

no :) I saw that it let you do that, I'll look into it.

I was thinking it could get ugly during UND vs. NDSU and UMN series.

By the way, the new changes are cool. Is there going to be a link to the Siouxsports.com page?

I just remembered that you said above that you're on a tablet, so your issue is that the most recent post is getting cut for that smaller screen size. I can look into that.

Meanwhile, on mobile I especially recommend trying out the new content star in the top navigation bar.

I should be able to add that next time I'm in front of a computer.

It looks like you've addressed this, thanks!  I like the new look!

I'm really struggling with this on my phone. On the standard Google phone browser (android) it doesn't show any reply to this post (the quotes).

Same with opera. But with that browser when I click on the bottom it jumbled everything and I can't type anything.

Also on standard Google phone browser I click the three bar looking with in the top right and nothing happens.

Now it appears my edits won't save.

Edited by Cratter
Add stuff

The problem is that on the index page, under "Message Board" my only option is to click on "more forums" instead of being able to see the title of the threads that have had the most recent posts and allowing you to click on them.  Instead, I have to click on "more forums" and scroll down to find the most recent thread(s).

Fixed!  Thank you!

Testing. It just wrote "now my edits won't save" added to my old post without editing it. (a new reply)... Is that normal?

Testing a new reply.

Keeps adding on as long as no one else replies before it.

Fixed. Now lets you make multiple posts in a row (like the old behavior).

My edits still don't save.

No reply to this post button.

Nothing happens when I click the three bars top right.

All the above on default Google Android browser

Opera browser on Android doesn't even load the softwares tests completely. Along with other issues like not being able to reply.

Sorry to be a pain in the butt.
Maybe it's just my phone.

Edited by Cratter

Fixed!  Thank you!

Although, now, when I click on one of the most recent threads, instead of taking me to the most recent (or most recently read) post, it takes me to the very first post under that thread.

Sorry, and thanks for all your help and for the great website.

Although, now, when I click on one of the most recent threads, instead of taking me to the most recent (or most recently read) post, it takes me to the very first post under that thread.

Sorry, and thanks for all your help and for the great website.

Right, see the image in this postIf you're in a forum looking at the list of threads (topics) in that forum, and threads that have a new post in them will also have a solid dot or star next to it. You click that to go to where you left off. It's a little weird, but that's actually the way it was before, too.

If you're on a small screen device and would prefer to zoom/unzoom rather than have it adjust to the size of your screen, click "Themes" at the bottom and change to "SiouxSports (non-responsive)".

I personally recommend trying the "new content" center (click the star in the header) for mobile devices instead, but your choice :)

• Upvote 1

That helps.

Now I don't free so "trapped" and I can see the actual topic on the main index that was most recently replied too.

And don't have to click the back button three times to get to that main index page. Just click "home" instead of back to siouxsports back to administration and then back to home.

Edited by Cratter

When I click the the newest thread link on the home page it always takes me to the 1st post of the thread?  I have clicked on every page of the thread.

Fixed. The URL format for jumping into the first unread post changed a little bit.