SiouxSports.com Forum

Please attend

Fetch

So you're pro- snide remarks, and anti- rally for the purpose of drumming up support?  :)

I wish the Presidential candidates shared your views on campaigning and rallies.  It would save us from all the political ads, and we'd just go vote on election day.

You just compared the selection of the U.S. President to UND picking a frickin nickname.  Totally the same thing and importance (sadly to the Sioux Forever crowd it is that important).

Why do you need to try and persuade everybody with 30-person rallies.  Why not let them pick your option on their own if it is so outstanding? 

• Upvote 1

I just heard on the radi. that the new tactic is to "delay" the vote on the nickname since Kelley is retiring and shouldn't make the decision.  You can't make it up.  :silly:

The LAST thing that UND is going to do is stick the new president with selecting the new nickname so he can get ridiculed and lambasted his entire term due to not staying North Dakota and letting Sioux live forever.  What a stupid argument.  

Zero chance this happens. kelley isnt that empty headed to pull that.

If you equally support all 5 names, I would agree with you.   But it appears most that post on here have a favorite.   So that is why I posed the question; where's the excitement, passion, etc., to support one of these "great" finalists?   Wouldn't a rally be more constructive and productive than all the snide remarks (i'm not talking to you directly here) made at the expense of folks with a different point of view?

So what do you suggest?  Everone to come to University park, stand under a banner of the nickname they support, and have everyone get in a big shouting match saying why they feel their name is better?  I am going to vote for Roughriders.  Do I need to come on here every day and tell people to support it?  I have made a couple posts with my reasons why I support it and why others should as well.  Is it productive to shove it down everyones throats every day (like the no nickname crowd is trying to do?)  No.  We all have our favorite and we will get to vote for that choice soon.  

If you are offende by snide remarks, you should probably stay off every message board!!

You just compared the selection of the U.S. President to UND picking a frickin nickname.  Totally the same thing and importance (sadly to the Sioux Forever crowd it is that important).

Why do you need to try and persuade everybody with 30-person rallies.  Why not let them pick your option on their own if it is so outstanding? 

#MakeUNDgreatAgain

• Upvote 2

So what do you suggest?  Everone to come to University park, stand under a banner of the nickname they support, and have everyone get in a big shouting match saying why they feel their name is better?  I am going to vote for Roughriders.  Do I need to come on here every day and tell people to support it?  I have made a couple posts with my reasons why I support it and why others should as well.  Is it productive to shove it down everyones throats every day (like the no nickname crowd is trying to do?)  No.  We all have our favorite and we will get to vote for that choice soon.  

If you are offende by snide remarks, you should probably stay off every message board!!

lol.   the irony in your post makes me literally laugh out loud.   have a good day my friend. 

um, no.... I just attempted to inject a little lighthearted humor.

• Upvote 1

No, he compared your opinion on public rallies to election campaigns.  For someone who represents himself as a "Sioux", you really seem to hate the idea of "Sioux Forever".  Kinda strange.

I personally don't want to stay Sioux Forever so I will accept a new nickname.  

Because you want UND to be Sioux Forever, which you stated yesterday.  What a pathetic, sad reason.  

If it will shut the Sioux Forever crowd up and allow the University to move forward, I am on board.  

No, he compared your opinion on public rallies to election campaigns.  For someone who represents himself as a "Sioux", you really seem to hate the idea of "Sioux Forever".  Kinda strange.

Yes I do.  I am over it and when I set this up the name was still Sioux so I used it.  I don't act like I am a NA.  I acted like a fan of the University, which was named Sioux at the time.  Now it isn't.

Mods:  can I delete my account or how does that work?