SiouxSports.com Forum

Cost of Attendance

GeauxSioux

He's going to have to discuss this with a few more people than he can contact internally if he is going to get it done.   I, honestly, don't understand why he wouldn't speak to this issue when addressing the FB alumni if he had any plans of trying to fund it.  I guess I have little respect for a guy who will look you straight in the eye and tell you how committed he and the school are to the FB program and then neglect to even mention this.   

The bolded part I do agree with and agree that it is a surprising. I just wanted to point out I know for a fact that since the vote to allow FCOA passed, there has been ongoing, very in-depth discussion regarding how to proceed in all sports. Its a significant commitment that will needed to funded annually.  From the outside looking in, my opinion is that it may require a sport or two to be dropped. If that truly is the case, it will not be a move taken lightly and all options will be explored before that step is taken

• Upvote 2

Off-topic...holy crap, FS4Life.  That signature!  When you post 8 times on a single page, my mouse needs a re-charge just to get to the bottom.  :)

No offense, but thank God for the "hide signature" feature.

Yeah, I am planning on trimming it at some point. Probably this up-coming Labor Day weekend.

The bolded part I do agree with and agree that it is a surprising. I just wanted to point out I know for a fact that since the vote to allow FCOA passed, there has been ongoing, very in-depth discussion regarding how to proceed in all sports. Its a significant commitment that will needed to funded annually.  From the outside looking in, my opinion is that it may require a sport or two to be dropped. If that truly is the case, it will not be a move taken lightly and all options will be explored before that step is taken

I agree with this. I think we have too many sports for Division I. It might have been feasible to have over 20 sports as a Division II school, but not now.

I don't know, maybe I am old school or just think free education is good enough. I will never donate money so we can pay the athletes. I will keep giving my money to the aerospace department for academic scholarships and perhaps to the athletic department for building improvements but paying athletes is beyond my comprehension.

• Upvote 1

Good luck getting more money from the Alumni when the University has already disregarded the real feedback on the nickname process...Kinda like telling someone to pound sand and the next minute asking for a donation.  I wonder how that's gonna work?????  At least Hockey will still be funded....wink, wink!

If we don't fund FCOA for all our sports, then we might as well drop back down to Division II. It doesn't make any sense to build a new, state-of-the-art Indoor Practice Facility and then tie one arm of our non-hockey coaches behind their backs when it comes to recruiting, which is the lifeblood of any collegiate sport.

Huge!  

UND Athletics to offer full cost of attendance for all sports

Will take effect beginning with 2016-17 academic year

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=210311811

That should encourage more unity among the sports teams at UND, no one gets left out in the cold. Nice job BF.

It's amazing that UND could put that all together in only 6 days. Especially when we've been told that Faison and Kelley don't care about any athletics besides hockey. It's too bad that NDSU got such a huge head start with this, I'm sure that they will get a lot of recruits just because they made the announcement 6 days before UND. :wink:

• Upvote 4