SiouxSports.com Forum

2015/16 Season

obborg

1 hour ago, shep said:

But they went in focusing on stopping the 3 from this team that shoots a ton. Focused on that and it worked as UND had more 3 attempts in first half than they did.

However, they did a nice job of adjusting to that and taking it to the hole more. That's the reason for the good start and it didn't help that even at home our guys just don't seem to have their legs until the 2nd half. I don't get that.

USD's good start is one thing, but the bigger problem was on the other end of the court where we played right into their strength.  We have showed great ball movement lately but that strategy was obviously wrong against a team who knows just how to get a hand in every passing lane.  All those steals led to too many transition buckets, which is one reason why their 3-point attempts were low.  Switching from passive to aggressive was the remedy, but why does half the game have to be in the books by the time we made the change?

Also, someone mentioned USD having better talent, but I disagree.  They had Seekamp, who is one of those heady QB types who simply doesn't make mistakes and makes everyone on her team better.  But aside from her I saw nothing special further down the lineup.  It was that tight halfcourt D that got us.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, dakotadan said:

I had to go to the UND Sports app and check that I had heard the score correctly. To say I was shocked is an understatement. I didn't get a chance to watch the game. Did anyone catch any of it? What the heck happened? 

Brewster called it an old fashion butt whooping. At least he takes credit for the loss as a team unlike a certain UND coach who only blames his players. Keeping it classy Brewster.

• Downvote 1