SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

UND ain't winning this game......in 2015.

If miracle of miracle happened, I will be disappointed if our Athletic Director doesn't walk out to the middle of the field with a briefcase containing our cash buyout for 2019, the 2019 contract and some lighter fluid. Set case down, pull out contract and lighter fluid and light contract on fire.....walk off the field and here is where I am conflicted a bit as I am not sure if he should go with the single gun or double gun salute, but I am leaning towards the double birds.

No, no. A simple gesture. 

tumblr_noenylQkFh1s8njeuo1_500.gif

If miracle of miracle happened, I will be disappointed if our Athletic Director doesn't walk out to the middle of the field with a briefcase containing our cash buyout for 2019, the 2019 contract and some lighter fluid. Set case down, pull out contract and lighter fluid and light contract on fire.....walk off the field and here is where I am conflicted a bit as I am not sure if he should go with the single gun or double gun salute, but I am leaning towards the double birds.

LOL.  Could we get Jim Ross on the mic to do a WWE entrance?

"Oh my God, its UND athletic director Brian Faison."

Not sure he'd need the lighter fluid, the Fargo Loafpan would most definitely already be engulfed in flames by that point.  But I like the rest of the idea. 

I'd pay money to see that. Would enjoy such a spectacle.

Fear. UND wins there goes the bragging right of the state, recruiting, etc. unless they win a NC. Just remember "You can go 11-1, and if that one is to those son of a guns north of us your season is not a success"--Rocky Hager 1995.

Boom! Darrell throws out a 90's reference. Conversation is being had on why Muss era is in the past and Bubba is moving the ship forward. Saw a few 12>1 references. Personal attacks are starting. Following same path as every other thread created!
  • Upvote 1

Honest question for the NDSU fans (not speculation of the UND fans):

What will your reaction be on this message board IF (big if) UND wins (granted it may be dependant on big win, close game, etc.)

-UND got lucky

-SU didn't show up

-Our team wasn't healthy for that game

-Officiating lost us the game

-UND played dirty

-UND played better that expected

-Great, close football game. UND perservered. Congrats!

Just interested to know if this were to happen, if some of you will be immediately looking for excuses OR will just take the loss, say good job and move on. I suppose it will be different for each of you (again a big if)

Well Christ we all know you guys view a close loss right up there with a win. Your all time FBS record is 5 losses and 3 toe to toe moral victories isn't it? I thought it was kind of funny how a few of you were making comparisons between a double digit NDSU victory over UM and a 3 point UND loss to UM.

In all honesty though if NDSU were to get beat, I think the general concensus would be that it is the most embarrassing loss in the D1 era. I would hope that it would then correspondendly result in a fire being lit in the players and coaching staff and a subsequent run to another national championship. The 2013 loss by the Bison men's bbal team to UND was completely embarrassing at the time , but that was fast erased with a conference championship and trip to the big dance and win over Oklahoma. I know you guys would be happy with the win over NDSU because after all, that is all that counts with you guys, but we have bigger goals in mind.

Well Christ we all know you guys view a close loss right up there with a win. Your all time FBS record is 5 losses and 3 toe to toe moral victories isn't it? I thought it was kind of funny how a few of you were making comparisons between a double digit NDSU victory over UM and a 3 point UND loss to UM.

In all honesty though if NDSU were to get beat, I think the general concensus would be that it is the most embarrassing loss in the D1 era. I would hope that it would then correspondendly result in a fire being lit in the players and coaching staff and a subsequent run to another national championship. The 2013 loss by the Bison men's bbal team to UND was completely embarrassing at the time , but that was fast erased with a conference championship and trip to the big dance and win over Oklahoma. I know you guys would be happy with the win over NDSU because after all, that is all that counts with you guys, but we have bigger goals in mind.

Uh not that I would set a toe into Bison-swille but I know I can find reference to "toe to toe" over there in many of the sports threads - this is a very tired cliche that is said by many coaches - it's not exclusive to UND but one that SU trolls love to throw out (up) whenever they can. 

right up there with a win

moral victories

most embarrassing loss in the D1 era

loss by the Bison men's bbal team to UND was completely embarrassing

I know you guys would be happy with the win over NDSU because after all, that is all that counts with you guys

we have bigger goals in mind.

Did you manage to get in every cliché and/or talking point the mensa club has?  At least try to come up with something original instead of repeating the same old song and dance.  You'd think between the whole collective of the 2011 Bison Alumni, at least someone could come up with something original...

What is all your hatred towards UND from?  Learned from elders?

No, "regression to mean" refers to the tendency for any extreme measure to followed (and preceded) by a more mediocre measure (i.e. - closer to the mean). It is true that we might not be able to estimate results without a larger sample, however the tendency to regress toward mediocrity exists independent of sample size.

You need to be careful that you don't interpret last year's somewhat better record as being caused by the coaching change. It may in fact be due to purely random factors, which are not likely to repeat themselves in the future. Coaches tend to get fired after a run of bad "luck."

What you're referring to happens with teams that aren't in shambles. A great example is Auburn. They hire Chisik and with Newton win a title. They then begin the regress back towards the mean. And shortly thereafter Chizik is gone.

He took over a 5-7. Went 8-5 the next year. Then got Newton and went 14-0. Then back down to 8-5 without Newton. Then they dipped to 3-9 resulting in Chisik being fired. And the next year with a new coach they lose in the title game after that stunning upset of Bama and a 12-2 season. Then 8-4 the next year.

I don't think UND applies to this because of the shape the team was in going into the season with all of the transfers and the lack of recruited depth from the previous coach. Also they installed a totally new offense and tweaked things on defense. They didn't install some fluffy easy to learn spread system, they installed a very complex pro style offense. Then throw in the injuries to QBs and RBs alone and the whole regression to the mean thing gets set aside because it wouldn't be a valid season to measure with. Comparing it to Auburn, they had established talent and installed a very simple offense which resulted in a very quick turn around. They also didn't suffer catastrophic injures to important positions. Next season for UND might be the one to reference as the point before the "regression towards the mean" which, for all we know, could end up being an ascention to the mean. So in other words, stop with the regression towards the mean crap because in this case it's just not valid.

I don't hate UND at all. Good university. I actually came really close to attending UND. The thought of living in GF though repulsed me. That town stinks, literally, from all the beet plants.

I've really come to enjoy Grand Forks.

I won't attack anywhere on smell, left my windows open last night in North Fargo and it smelled like manure or something.

I don't hate UND at all. Good university. I actually came really close to attending UND. The thought of living in GF though repulsed me. That town stinks, literally, from all the beet plants.

IALTO.

Apparently the proximity of NDSU to stock yards on 19th Ave (1.5 miles), the Fargo city dump (3 miles), the Moorhead lagoons/American Crystal beet plant (2 miles), or the Fargo lagoons (3 miles), didn't matter? 

For comparison, at UND it's JR Simplot french fry factory (1 miles), American Crystal beet plant (3 miles) and the Grand Forks lagoons (4 miles). 

Both campuses have their "aromas". 

Because between the Fargo landfill, the NDSU research farms by the airport and the beet plant in Moorhead Fargo smells like roses right?

Because between the Fargo landfill, the NDSU research farms by the airport and the beet plant in Moorhead Fargo smells like roses right?

Don't forget the Fargo sewage lagoons. NDSU sits right in the epicenter of vibrant fumes, but never a bragging word a but that. It always someone else who farted, not them.

Meh I don't know just saying every time I have been to GF it smelles horribly. I also thought the city was boring and it would have been another hour further from pheasant hunting and fishing. I also liked the professors at NDSU better. They were more approachable and seemed excited to teach as opposed to excited to write a paper to be published. Also at that time, I felt there was more of an energy at NDSU and the move to D1 really was a part of it. The men's bball team was successful and coming off season that included knocking off #13 Wisconsin and the football team was coming off a 10-1 season where they knocked off FBS Ball State and nearly upset Minnesota.

All in all I don't hate UND. I thought the campus was nice and they provide a good education.

Meh I don't know just saying every time I have been to GF it smelles horribly. I also thought the city was boring and it would have been another hour further from pheasant hunting and fishing. I also liked the professors at NDSU better. They were more approachable and seemed excited to teach as opposed to excited to write a paper to be published. Also at that time, I felt there was more of an energy at NDSU and the move to D1 really was a part of it. The men's bball team was successful and coming off season that included knocking off #13 Wisconsin and the football team was coming off a 10-1 season where they knocked off FBS Ball State and nearly upset Minnesota.

All in all I don't hate UND. I thought the campus was nice and they provide a good education.

UND does have issues with teachers in certain fields having their priorities screwed up.

NDSU is a decent fall back. I had them as a safety school as well.

• Upvote 4

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic