SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

Just happened to watch the pbs documentary last night and learned why Jennifer Crouse  (I knew she was here for aviation prior to the documentary) came to UND when she was being recruited by big ten schools and big 12 and NDAC.  But her coach in high school said this big ten school would set you up for life. That big 12 school would be a great advantage for you her response was can I learn to fly there. No, call the next one. 

Just posted this over on Bisonville. Kind of my assessment on the game. 

A couple things to keep in mind about why this is a big game. It is not just the renewal of a in-state rivalry game with a lot of history behind it. That part is fun, and adds to the interest, but lets looks at the game for what it is. Many people on this board (Bisonville) have said this is just another game, and to a point they are very correct.

It is just another game the Bison don't want, or expect, to lose. Just like they wouldn't want, or expect, to lose to any other team on their schedule. That's where the program has gone over the past several year, NDSU just doesn't expect to lose. Doesn't matter if it is UND, UNI, K-State, etc. BUT with a loss to MT already in the books, the team really does not want to drop a game, especially a game that should be a win (regardless of it being against UND). 1-2 would just not be acceptable with where that program is at, and would certainly put more pressure on the team going forward.

For UND, there is obviously a ton of hype being built up about the rivalry, way more in the GF media than the Fargo media, because this is a bigger game for UND. UND has way more to gain in this match up. Even if this wasn't NDSU, it would still be a big match up. If we had Coastal Carolina on the schedule, it would be huge. Any time your program has an opportunity to play the best, your team needs to be pumped about it (If you ever want to be the best, you need to play the best). From an FBS level, we saw that a few weeks ago, when the Gophers got to play TCU, in what was an entertaining game where the Goofs just killed themselves.

Ultimately, there are rivalry implication, there could be some recruiting implications; but overall the teams should, and probably are, prepare for this game like they would any other game. NDSU needs to go out and play their game, just like they did against Weber. UND needs to go out, and understand they are playing top tier competition, execute the game plan and limit mistakes.

Win, Loss, Route or be Routed ... Saturday should be fun.

I would argue there is more hype by the GF media.  I also know there are a ton of Bison fans looking forward to this game and it's more than just another game. This week in Fargo and at work, I have never seen this many people wearing Bison hear everyday and talking about the weekend.  

• Upvote 2

I would argue there is more hype by the GF media.  I also know there are a ton of Bison fans looking forward to this game and it's more than just another game. This week in Fargo and at work, I have never seen this many people wearing Bison hear everyday and talking about the weekend.  

I guess I meant more from a team or player perspective. From a fan standpoint, I think both sides have fans that are pumped. I know there is a vocal group of Bison fans that they they never wanted this game, but most fans do. One of my work buddies said he is as, or more, excited than he was for some Bison playoff games. Should be a great time, just wish I could have made it up to Fargo this weekend.

Another thing on this game. I'm hoping someone from the Alerus and the athletic dept take some notes on how to do the game say atmosphere. From the intro to the various things to get fans involved the fargodome does a good job with a football game to make it an event. 

• Upvote 3

Wear your Sioux Suck shirt proudly. Won't bother me. :)

my sister will be wearing it. She'll be the one there.

Well, on the plus side, it'll be one of the few times out in public that your sister keeps her shirt ON!    :lol:

(all in good fun, Johnboy, all in good fun) 

• Upvote 1

Another thing on this game. I'm hoping someone from the Alerus and the athletic dept take some notes on how to do the game say atmosphere. From the intro to the various things to get fans involved the fargodome does a good job with a football game to make it an event. 

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

UND and the Alerus Center need to step up their production game, as far as team introduction and in-game atmosphere goes. The Alerus Center has those big fancy video boards, so they need to use them! There is so much untapped potential for the introduction; in-game atmosphere does depend partially on the team executing and producing, but there's deficiency there also.

UND and Alerus Center need to do better. 

LOTS of NDSU and UND garb being worn in the F-M area today.

I picked up my beer for the weekend at 45th St. Happy Harry's, wearing a UND shirt... clerk told me he's seen a lot more UND fans than ndsu fans today, which was a good thing... I told him that's cuz we party way harder than ndsu fans.  :D

I've seen a lot of excitement from both sides this week from the people I've talked to.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

UND and the Alerus Center need to step up their production game, as far as team introduction and in-game atmosphere goes. The Alerus Center has those big fancy video boards, so they need to use them! There is so much untapped potential for the introduction; in-game atmosphere does depend partially on the team executing and producing, but there's deficiency there also.

UND and Alerus Center need to do better. 

I was very disappointed in the buildup of the fireworks for the Drake game.  It was not even noticeable except for a loud boom.  really.  use the video board with loaded graphics. 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic