SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

I just don't generally call the 35th ranked defense who were embarrassed several times as being good. I think they had a few good performances last year but overall wouldn't call them good.

I think most coaches who faced UND would disagree with you. Yes, UND gave up points and had deceiving stats in some games and categories, but the eye test would tell you UND's defense was the real deal. The PPG stat is largely misleading because it has as much to do with bad offense as it does good defense. UND's offense gave very little support in 2014.

Bison fans are sure on here trying to tell everyone how good they will be. Believe it or not most UND fans think NDSU is very good. The big question mark is how good UND will be. That is something to talk about and wonder about. NDSU fans probably don't need to be wasting our time bragging about their team on this forum.

• Upvote 2

Bison fans should be encouraged to post negative comments about UND football, the more incendiary the comments the better. We select the most disparaging post one week before the game and hand it to Bubba recommending it be posted in the locker room.

If Bubba has or will pull quotes from Sioux Sports from some random NDSU fans to use as his player motivational tool, I seriously doubt his ability to put a team on his field that will beat NDSU in 2015 and think you guys will be fast looking for a new captain in charge of UND Roughrider football.

I can assure you of two things. 1.) Comptent coaches never read this !@#$ or care what opposing fans on message forums think. 2.) Good football players have 100 other things to motivate them to play before quotes from message forums.

Bison fans are sure on here trying to tell everyone how good they will be. Believe it or not most UND fans think NDSU is very good. The big question mark is how good UND will be. That is something to talk about and wonder about. NDSU fans probably don't need to be wasting our time bragging about their team on this forum.

This...^^^

Stop comparing the Mussman regime to the present one. That Fresno State game was nothing but a moral victory. UND football is no longer about that, thank God.

Ever consider the possibility that the improvement you're seeing is really just a simple regression toward the mean?

As bad as things were in 2013, it's not unlikely that UND would have shown improvement in 2014 if they had hired any reasonable coach other than Bubba, and possibly even if they had done nothing.

Ever consider the possibility that the improvement you're seeing is really just a simple regression toward the mean?

As bad as things were in 2013, it's not unlikely that UND would have shown improvement in 2014 if they had hired any reasonable coach other than Bubba, and possibly even if they had done nothing.

So any sign of improvement from last year was simply a fluke and was going to happen regardless?  Welp, so much for hope.

Stop comparing the Mussman regime to the present one. That Fresno State game was nothing but a moral victory. UND football is no longer about that, thank God.

Tread lightly.....there are some UND supporters that still thinks Muss ranks right up there with candied bacon, OxiClean, and Netflix as wonders of our time.

• Upvote 1

So any sign of improvement from last year was simply a fluke and was going to happen regardless?  Welp, so much for hope.

Honestly, haven't you ever noticed that first year coaches often do show immediate improvement, but seem to be unable to continue that improvement in subsequent years? And, in many cases, end up not really being any better than their predecessors?

So any sign of improvement from last year was simply a fluke and was going to happen regardless? Welp, so much for hope.

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. Pack it in, boys. No need to play this year. It's just a regression to the mean lol.

• Upvote 1

If Bubba has or will pull quotes from Sioux Sports from some random NDSU fans to use as his player motivational tool, I seriously doubt his ability to put a team on his field that will beat NDSU in 2015 and think you guys will be fast looking for a new captain in charge of UND Roughrider football.

I can assure you of two things. 1.) Comptent coaches never read this !@#$ or care what opposing fans on message forums think. 2.) Good football players have 100 other things to motivate them to play before quotes from message forums.

Can't you do better than that?

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. Pack it in, boys. No need to play this year. It's just a regression to the mean lol.

I take that as: No, we have not considered the possibility that this is a regression toward the mean. You should, it's a real possibility.

Honestly, haven't you ever noticed that first year coaches often do show immediate improvement, but seem to be unable to continue that improvement in subsequent years? And, in many cases, end up not really being any better than their predecessors?

Honestly, are you already saying that UND will get worse as years go on here?  Just blindly stating that they will not get any better.  Period.  

• Upvote 1

This is vintage Rocky Hager. Except there were no internet message boards. So he'd make !@#$ up.

Honestly, are you already saying that UND will get worse as years go on here?  Just blindly stating that they will not get any better.  Period.  

That's how I read it. You know what, they can think that all they want. 

Right I get it. They probably will be better. Call it what you would like, but good defenses are generally ranked higher than 35th in the FCS. They closed out the season giving up 33 points to freaking Northern Colorado. They were an average at best defense last year. When I think of the term good coupled with the word defense, I think of teams like 2000 Baltimore Ravens, 2006 Chicago Bears etc. Defenses that largely no matter how bad the offense was, largely !@#$ the opponent down. UND's defense was steamrolled last year against some very poor offenses. They had one good game against a beat up Montana team, who by the way didn't have a great offense last year. If anything, the best performance they had was against Montana State but they followed that up with several poor performances.

Hey dipshit, we were the team that scored 33 that game. Freaking Northern Colorado scored a whopping 14 points.
  • Upvote 2

As bad as things were in 2013, it's not unlikely that UND would have shown improvement in 2014 if they had hired any reasonable coach other than Bubba, and possibly even if they had done nothing.

Well, in order for there to be regression to the mean that is actually statistically significant, there needs to be a reasonable sample size. College football has shown that a sample size of 3 to 5 years is reasonable, not one year.

Some day in the near future the University of Agriculture and Applied Science's football team will sign a contract with a power 5 school and get throttled by about 40.  That day is coming.  

Until then, if I had to bet, I'd say the UND Roughriders are 24 point dogs and hope we beat the spread.

Roll Ridas...

• Upvote 1

As bad as things were in 2013, it's not unlikely that UND would have shown improvement in 2014 if they had hired any reasonable coach other than Bubba, and possibly even if they had done nothing.

I think Bubba is doing a good job. He took a horrible Muss team and made them competitive. I think going forward he has the team going in the right direction. The biggest obstacle he has is UND recruiting in a geographic area in which they do not compete in, NDSU's success in recent years, and an athletic program focussed on hockey, rightfully so.

Playing and competing well against NDSU is an opportunity to jump start the program. If UND beats NDSU, it will be their biggest win in the D1 era and will help with recruiting.

As far as the 2015 game is concerned, NDSU will likely win by a fairly healthy margin. I expect the 2019 game to be more competitive is Bubba is the coach you think he will be.

Please refrain from using profanity as it is a violation of the Forum Terms and Rules that EVERY member agreed to abide by when signing up as a member of the website.

SiouxSports.com Moderating Team

So he uses profanity and gets a warning message but Petey calls me names and gets nothing...don't pick and choose Bin.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic