SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

I would like to see a poll:

As a UND fan and member of this discussion board what would you prefer:

- only ban posters who violate site rules
- ban posters who are consistent and notorious trolls temporarily when they get out of hand
- ban posters who are consistent and notorious trolls permanently

- ban all NDSU posters those that are obvious and those that eventually come out from under the rock they are hiding under. 

- ban posters who are consistent and notorious trolls temporarily when they get out of hand

- ban all NDSU posters those that are obvious and those that eventually come out from under the rock they are hiding under.

I thought that thread was going fine, Bison fans are going to pump up their team and that's fine (annoying ;)) but fine, and UND fans are going to re-butt what they say (I do that) so it keeps the rival going and the "mudslinging" to a minimum. But I would ban those people who use personal attacks against someone. That garbage doesn't belong is this or any thread. Banning someone who is a Bison fan isn't the answer (they do that practice at BV), maybe the mods need to jump in and warn people more often who is flirting with the rules and if it doesn't stop then give them a timeout and send them to the corner. Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 1

How about one more?

-ban geaux_sioux if he restarts a locked thread knowing full well it's just going to attract more trolls.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Funny how people will give lip service to  the idea of a spirited rivalry, but when the other side of the rivalry demonstrates any of that spirit, they accuse them of "trolling," and want them silenced. 

You can't have it both ways. Do you want a rivalry, or not?  A spirited rivalry can't exist in an echo chamber.

• Upvote 1

Funny how people will give lip service to  the idea of a spirited rivalry, but when the other side of the rivalry demonstrates any of that spirit, they accuse them of "trolling," and want them silenced. 

You can't have it both ways. Do you want a rivalry, or not?  A spirited rivalry can't exist in an echo chamber.

Why don't you and the boys try mixing in a normal comment or two, ya know based around the actual football game, instead of constant smack and stupid, childish needled-ck comments? 

• Upvote 1

Funny how people will give lip service to the idea of a spirited rivalry, but when the other side of the rivalry demonstrates any of that spirit, they accuse them of "trolling," and want them silenced.

You can't have it both ways. Do you want a rivalry, or not? A spirited rivalry can't exist in an echo chamber.

You can have a rivaly without personal attacks, bring up facts, re-butt the facts and keep it going.

Why don't you and the boys try mixing in a normal comment or two, ya know based around the actual football game, instead of constant smack and stupid, childish needled-ck comments? 

If there's something I've personally posted that you think is incorrect, please correct my error.

Did you ever post anything about the actual game or just NDSU's superiority in everything, all the time?

I've never even used the word "superiority" in any post in reference to anything other than football. 

I have come on here before to try to talk about the actual game but here is how it usually goes.

- I say that I expect a fairly easy NDSU victory based on the fact that they will have a significantly better team, more experienced coaches, majority of starting offense back from last year's national championship team and game is in Fargo.

- Darrell chimes in and brings up the early 90's when UND beat NDSU as a basis for why he feels it will happen again this year and brings up the 90's success of UND in the fargodome. In the process mentions 2001 and has a moment with himself.

- NDSU fans respond with reasoning as to why the 90's are not relevant to a football game in 2015 and usually states how superior this football team is to UND.

- Darrell usually fires back with another reference to the 90's and the lone D2 title that UND has and starts down the path of why UND will one day catch up to NDSU and how UND messes up by not moving up to D1 when NDSU did. Usually during this tirade he brings up women's basketball, hockey and volleyball during the early 2000's and how they were all successful.

-Another UND fan brings up forgetting the past and that they have a good thing going with Bubba and that he has the football program moving in the right direction.

- NDSU fans comment back with smart ass remarks and state that while Bubba made moderate improvements it hasnt been as great as what UND fans think.

-Darrell then gets off topic and brings up one of the three losing seasons NDSU had, in 2009, and their quick recovery into national championship form as a basis for why UND will do it as well with Bubba.

- NDSU fans bring up 12 national championships vs 1.

-A few UND fans then bring up hockey.

-Darrell brings up 2001 again

-Personal attacks start, usually in the form of calling someone a retard.

-UND fans start calling UND degrees superior to degrees from NDSU and make an ag school comment.

-Thread gets locked and a new one is created and the same cycle starts all over again

• Upvote 1

I have come on here before to try to talk about the actual game but here is how it usually goes.

- I say that I expect a fairly easy NDSU victory based on the fact that they will have a significantly better team, more experienced coaches, majority of starting offense back from last year's national championship team and game is in Fargo.

- Darrell chimes in and brings up the early 90's when UND beat NDSU as a basis for why he feels it will happen again this year and brings up the 90's success of UND in the fargodome. In the process mentions 2001 and has a moment with himself.

- NDSU fans respond with reasoning as to why the 90's are not relevant to a football game in 2015 and usually states how superior this football team is to UND.

- Darrell usually fires back with another reference to the 90's and the lone D2 title that UND has and starts down the path of why UND will one day catch up to NDSU and how UND messes up by not moving up to D1 when NDSU did. Usually during this tirade he brings up women's basketball, hockey and volleyball during the early 2000's and how they were all successful.

-Another UND fan brings up forgetting the past and that they have a good thing going with Bubba and that he has the football program moving in the right direction.

- NDSU fans comment back with smart ass remarks and state that while Bubba made moderate improvements it hasnt been as great as what UND fans think.

-Darrell then gets off topic and brings up one of the three losing seasons NDSU had, in 2009, and their quick recovery into national championship form as a basis for why UND will do it as well with Bubba.

-UND fans start calling UND degrees superior to degrees from NDSU and make an ag school comment.

-Thread gets locked and a new one is created and the same cycle starts all over again

Thanks for synopsis. I feel like I'm totally caught up. Can't wait for the game!

• Upvote 1

Please insert your stupid f*cking comments somewhere in there to complete the narrative.  

• Downvote 1

As far as the game goes here is what I think will happen:

Will be tight through first quarter as UND's run defense will be enough to keep them in it.  UND's offense will do next to nothing for most the game.  NDSU will hit a few big one's with boots, etc. which will open up the field a bit.  Then, things will start to get away come 4th quarter.  Will end around 31-10 or so.  

UND doesn't have nearly enough offense to hang around in this game.  

Please insert your stupid f*cking comments somewhere in there to complete the narrative.

I would put my comments into the smart ass remarks area.

As for the game played in 2015, I expect a double digit win for NDSU. UND will come out excited and trying to play the role of giant killer just like a lot of programs the past few years. NDSU rarely blows teams out by Q1 and often the games are fairly close by the end of the half. If everyone is healthy, I would expect something in the lines of 31-10 or 24-7. These two teams are on different levels right now. Let's face it, the GF High School Roughriders might have a more potent offense than the UND Roughriders.

• Downvote 1

I would put my comments into the smart ass remarks area.

As for the game played in 2015, I expect a double digit win for NDSU. UND will come out excited and trying to play the role of giant killer just like a lot of programs the past few years. NDSU rarely blows teams out by Q1 and often the games are fairly close by the end of the half. If everyone is healthy, I would expect something in the lines of 31-10 or 24-7. These two teams are on different levels right now. Let's face it, the GF High School Roughriders might have a more potent offense than the UND Roughriders.

I think the underdog role will spark a competitive first half. I say it's 21-17 NDSU at the half with UND scoring on the first drive of the game. Depth and talent runs away in the end, however. 37-20.

These two teams are on different levels right now. Let's face it, the GF High School Roughriders might have a more potent offense than the UND Roughriders.

I hope NDSU's team has the same thoughts.  Lot of holes to be filled on the defensive side for NDSU, especially up the middle.

• Upvote 3

At this point in time, I would like to think there are a lot of unknowns to both teams. Yes, at the surface it appears North Dakota State will have a very good offense and North Dakota will have a very good defense, but nothing is for sure. I would like to reserve a true prediction until after North Dakota has started the season against Wyoming and Drake. North Dakota State will likely have a good defense but there still are a lot of ?'s. North Dakota will likely have a suspect offense, but there still are ?'s there too and they could be better than suspected.

• Upvote 4

At this point in time, I would like to think there are a lot of unknowns to both teams. Yes, at the surface it appears North Dakota State will have a very good offense and North Dakota will have a very good defense, but nothing is for sure. I would like to reserve a true prediction until after North Dakota has started the season against Wyoming and Drake. North Dakota State will likely have a good defense but there still are a lot of ?'s. North Dakota will likely have a suspect offense, but there still are ?'s there too and they could be better than suspected.

I agree with this.  First games will give both teams a better view of the ?'s.

Of course you do.

Why wouldn't I expect a double digit win? NDSU is coming off of a 14-1 national championship season with the majority of their offense back, including the starting quarterback, entire coaching staff back (not a single assistant left), defense with several returning starters and a lot of young high end talent and are playing at home. Their opponent is coming off of a 5-6 season with an offense that was horrible last year to say the least, and a defense that was middle of the road (I do not call giving up 24 ppg dominate or giving up over 30 to Missouri State as dominate).

Not like I am being an asshole to expect NDSU to win by double digits. Most realistic UND fans say the same thing.

• Downvote 1

As for the game played in 2015, I expect a double digit win for NDSU. UND will come out excited and trying to play the role of giant killer just like a lot of programs the past few years. NDSU rarely blows teams out by Q1 and often the games are fairly close by the end of the half. If everyone is healthy, I would expect something in the lines of 31-10 or 24-7. These two teams are on different levels right now.

I would say this is a reasonable synopsis and prediction.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic