Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread


geaux_sioux
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I don’t think many of us are trying to infer that NDSU hasn’t earned all of their championships. We are just disturbed by the lack of ethics on behalf of the media and the NDSU administration. I myself will never question if NDSU deserved their championship.

Many have and continue to make that conclusion here. Good on you for being reasonable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've already said there's no conspiracy here.

What I've said is this is a case study on how Fargo media gives NDSU Football deferential treatment regarding certain stories that may be disadvantageous and that is not the media's job. 

That’s a fair criticism, I don’t share your concern, but we understandably come at this topic with different perspectives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

And here I thought I was having a reasonable discussion with adults. 

Had I know your sole goal was to “get to me” like a petulant child, I would have focused my responses to other more mature posters.

If you had a reasonable argument, you wouldn’t come off as an ignorant child.    

Still waiting for you to make a logical argument. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

If you had a reasonable argument, you wouldn’t come off as an ignorant child.    

Still waiting for you to make a logical argument. 

I understand why you’d feel that way, my logic does tend to cater to the more intelligent posters here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Many have and continue to make that conclusion here. Good on you for being reasonable.

I think most of us see this as an opportunity for the Bison to fall from graces. Something has to knock them off the top of the mountain and if it is because of their own undoing the. We will take it. I rather our football team rise to that level, but no team in the FCS has been able to do that consistently out side of one year (James Madison). We are tired of the Bison and all their good luck which is sometimes undeserving.

we smell blood in the water and we will attack

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've already said there's no conspiracy here.

What I've said is this is a case study on how Fargo media gives NDSU Football deferential treatment regarding certain stories that may be disadvantageous and that is not the media's job. 

Do not be to sure Mr. Sicatoka,  'The cover up is worse than the crime'.  Ask Richard Nixon?

My monicer is not for naught,

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Do not be to sure Mr. Sicatoka,  'The cover up is worse than the crime'.  Ask Richard Nixon?

My monicer is not for naught,

 

There is no cover up. Everbody knows about it. The rub is the people here are obsessed with not knowing the details.  Which is amusing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I think most of us see this as an opportunity for the Bison to fall from graces. Something has to knock them off the top of the mountain and if it is because of their own undoing the. We will take it. I rather our football team rise to that level, but no team in the FCS has been able to do that consistently out side of one year (James Madison). We are tired of the Bison and all their good luck which is sometimes undeserving.

we smell blood in the water and we will attack

This is the first honest answer about the true motives of this feigned outrage I’ve seen yet. I appreciate your honesty.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I don’t think many of us are trying to infer that NDSU hasn’t earned all of their championships. We are just disturbed by the lack of ethics on behalf of the media and the NDSU administration. I myself will never question if NDSU deserved their championship.

I would suggest that you pay attention to your own ethics. There's really no evidence that either NDSU or the Fargo news media has been unethical at all regarding this story. All we know is that one player apparently did something he shouldn't have and got suspended for it.

This whole thread is just an example of wishing in one hand and crapping in the other. As usual, the outcome is predictable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

Do not be to sure Mr. Sicatoka,  'The cover up is worse than the crime'.  Ask Richard Nixon?

My monicer is not for naught,

Even a closing blurp on a 10:00 PM newscast about "no Robbins in Frisco" would've given them cover.

Instead we wonder, rightly, with cause, what else they know that goes unreported. And that, yes, is worse than the situation that got us here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Even a closing blurp on a 10:00 PM newscast about "no Robbins in Frisco" would've given them cover.

Instead we wonder, rightly, with cause, what else they know that goes unreported. 

The whole thing amounts to absolutely nothing. It made no competitive difference in the game itself, and delaying the announcement in no way harmed the player or anyone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

There's really no evidence that either NDSU or the Fargo news media has been unethical at all regarding this story. 

Ms. Hoole, sports director at KVLY, knew of the failed appeal (meaning she knew of the suspension also) on the Wednesday before the championship game by her own tweets. (See earlier in this thread.)

I'm yet to have someone link to her reporting on the matter (missing a starter due to NCAA action) between Wednesday and game day. 

Losing a player for a game, and a season, is newsworthy and yet went unreported by Ms Hoole until more convenient for NDSU. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gothmog said:

The whole thing amounts to absolutely nothing. It made no competitive difference in the game itself, and delaying the announcement in no way harmed the player or anyone else.

As I said earlier, Vegas books? EWU's game plans? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

As I said earlier, Vegas books? EWU's game plans? 

Does the NCAA have disclosure mandates similar to the NFL? Not sure if the NFL’s mandates are specifically written as gambling mandates, but we all know why they have such strict policies on reporting their injury reports.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Ms. Hoole, sports director at KVLY, knew of the failed appeal (meaning she knew of the suspension also) on the Wednesday before the championship game by her own tweets. (See earlier in this thread.)

I'm yet to have someone link to her reporting on the matter (missing a starter due to NCAA action) between Wednesday and game day. 

Losing a player for a game, and a season, is newsworthy and yet went unreported by Ms Hoole until more convenient for NDSU. 

I see no evidence that it would have made any difference had it been reported earlier. NDSU got no competitive advantage ... the player didn't play. That's what's required.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gothmog said:

I would suggest that you pay attention to your own ethics. There's really no evidence that either NDSU or the Fargo news media has been unethical at all regarding this story. All we know is that one player apparently did something he shouldn't have and got suspended for it.

This whole thread is just an example of wishing in one hand and crapping in the other. As usual, the outcome is predictable.

How 'bout "disingenuous?" Would you agree the Forum reporters were disingenuous in not reporting what they knew? And they knew. We all knew. Everyone in Pembina Co knew because Robbins and his mom were talking. Then we all knew. Four Forum Comm reporters were on site for days and not one questioned where the starting fullback was leading up to the National Championship Game? Hmmmmm???? I think Marcil Jr. needs to re-think the competency of his sports staff. It is important because it calls into question "what else" is not being reported. Minimize all you want. It still quacks like a duck.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Ms. Hoole, sports director at KVLY, knew of the failed appeal (meaning she knew of the suspension also) on the Wednesday before the championship game by her own tweets. (See earlier in this thread.)

I'm yet to have someone link to her reporting on the matter (missing a starter due to NCAA action) between Wednesday and game day. 

Losing a player for a game, and a season, is newsworthy and yet went unreported by Ms Hoole until more convenient for NDSU. 

Why dont you ask her?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

How 'bout "disingenuous?" Would you agree the Forum reporters were disingenuous in not reporting what they knew? And they knew. We all knew. Everyone in Pembina Co knew because Robbins and his mom were talking. Then we all knew. Four Forum Comm reporters were on site for days and not one questioned where the starting fullback was leading up to the National Championship Game? Hmmmmm???? I think Marcil Jr. needs to re-think the competency of his sports staff. It is important because it calls into question "what else" is not being reported. Minimize all you want. It still quacks like a duck.

Are you saying the Marcils are off their game?

Just a few short years ago nobody at NDSU could fart with out it making the paper.

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...