SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

44 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

Even as a NDSU fan it was fun to read.  I hate to see a couple people ruin the good fun.

Any chance it will ever be unlocked?

Yeah, not sure why they didn't just reel in the couple that ruined it.  We need somewhere to get at each other, or threads like this will keep appearing.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I liked the thread. But then again I like reading delusional non factual posts from UND fans. :lol: Why did they lock it? I didnt see anything that was really that bad.

You are one of the "people" who caused it to be locked.  Maybe just go back to BV if you cant play well with others.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

You are one of the "people" who caused it to be locked.  Maybe just go back to BV if you cant play well with others.

I remember my last post. In no way was it close to being something that could have shut the thread down. If it is true then the modes need to contact me and explain as my last post was pretty anxuous.

• 3 months later...
On 4/28/2019 at 6:33 PM, geaux_sioux said:

No, it’s just what bison fans do every year, they prove how ill informed they are. They would have told you Stick was going on day two. 

Wasn't it you that claimed UND's backs "crushed"  NDSU's at Pro Day. I guess the scouts didn't think so. At least one team decided to give an NDSU back a contract, some money and a spot on the 90 man roster, and another got a camp invite. UND had 2 at Pro Day and one got a camp invite and nothing for the other.  I guess we all can't be as informed as you... And your 1st or 2nd round CB is relegated to a camp invite while an NDSU CB got a UDFA contract.  

• Downvote 5

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Wasn't it you that claimed UND's backs "crushed"  NDSU's at Pro Day. I guess the scouts didn't think so. At least one team decided to give an NDSU back a contract, some money and a spot on the 90 man roster, and another got a camp invite. UND had 2 at Pro Day and one got a camp invite and nothing for the other.  I guess we all can't be as informed as you... And your 1st or 2nd round CB is relegated to a camp invite while an NDSU CB got a UDFA contract.  

Get a life man.  Very emberrasing for you.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

So, to summarize, what you are basically saying is that "UND SUCKS and NDSU RULES!".

How very original..........

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Having heavy UND family ties is about the ONLY way for UND to get players over NDSU these days (and NDSU not offering, I suppose). 

DISCLAIMER: I am not saying NDSU offered Lotysz, but they might. 

Bennett, Grady, Ott, Fort, Johannesson, Stockwell.

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Some of those may be correct, maybe....but SU got about 60 guys that we wanted.  So his point stands.

He used the word only so I only had to offer up one name without strong family connections that we got over them to show that’s it’s the same old reality spun 10x negatively that he always posts.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He used the word only so I only had to offer up one name without strong family connections that we got over them to show that’s it’s the same old reality spun 10x negatively that he always posts.

Grass is always greener .... syndrome. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Having heavy UND family ties is about the ONLY way for UND to get players over NDSU these days (and NDSU not offering, I suppose). 

Having heavy family ties is the only way you ever get laid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bennett, Grady, Ott, Fort, Johannesson, Stockwell.

And Grady was a bust really.   Good player but still never worked out and really wasn't worth the trouble.   Johannesson also is good but not quite I had hoped for either, but it could be the way he was used, and I don't think NDSU wanted him after he went to Gophers so not really someone we stole from the Bison unfortunately.

I don't have the answer to what it takes for good recruiting, but Bubba needs to keep trying other things.   He doesn't seem to have a lot success he can hang is hat on.

2 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

And Grady was a bust really.   Good player but still never worked out and really wasn't worth the trouble.   Johannesson also is good but not quite I had hoped for either, but it could be the way he was used, and I don't think NDSU wanted him after he went to Gophers so not really someone we stole from the Bison unfortunately.

I don't have the answer to what it takes for good recruiting, but Bubba needs to keep trying other things.   He doesn't seem to have a lot success he can hang is hat on.

NDSU wanted JJ.

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

NDSU wanted JJ.

I have always heard they wanted him badly before he went to the Gophs but told him that ship sailed when he was looking to transfer.   I'm not saying there isn't an NDSU spin on this, but given the large number of RB's they had plus their dislike for transfers, I'm inclined to think they weren't too interested.   Maybe someone from the Bison camp will weigh in on this.

7 hours ago, Hawkster said:

I have always heard they wanted him badly before he went to the Gophs but told him that ship sailed when he was looking to transfer.   I'm not saying there isn't an NDSU spin on this, but given the large number of RB's they had plus their dislike for transfers, I'm inclined to think they weren't too interested.   Maybe someone from the Bison camp will weigh in on this.

Dislike for transfers.....hmmm.

8 hours ago, Hawkster said:

As geaux_sioux stated, SU wanted him.  I am sure they have different spin on it now.

14 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It's not a zero sum game.  When we offer a guy that will probably go to NDSU it ensures NDSU pays for that player instead of loading up with very talented PWO players.  A perfect example is the Satter kid.  I bet he goes to NDSU.  But, since we were on him early and sounds like he's interested in UND it forces Randy "Always Late to the Party" Hedberg to roll out of bed and offer the kid that would have went to SU as a PWO anyway.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

6 for UND versus 60 for NDSU?

Hey guy, it is okay; reality has never really been your strong suit. 

You can call it negativity, that’s fine. It’s pretty obvious to anyone with an ounce of objectivity, though, that NDSU has become the all-time most successful FCS program.  UND has put up minimal resistance in that. 

3 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

It's not a zero sum game.  When we offer a guy that will probably go to NDSU it ensures NDSU pays for that player instead of loading up with very talented PWO players.  A perfect example is the Satter kid.  I bet he goes to NDSU.  But, since we were on him early and sounds like he's interested in UND it forces Randy "Always Late to the Party" Hedberg to roll out of bed and offer the kid that would have went to SU as a PWO anyway.

Oh absolutely, I agree. Take notes, @geaux_sioux; this is how you intelligibly respond. 

UND has to control what they can control; focus on themselves and get the best players available to them. In the meantime, UND fans also should hope the NDSU dynasty somehow implodes. If it doesn’t, and it hasn’t yet, then the uphill battle for UND remains very steep.