SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

34 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Nonetheless, UND is NDSU's primary rival and NDSU is UND's primary rival. No way around it unless you want to blatantly ignore history, North Dakota culture, and geography.  

Right, but right now the BiZon drones are regurgitating their rival is SDSU, they can't say it fast enough in a conversation.

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Right, but right now the BiZon drones are regurgitating their rival is SDSU, they can't say it fast enough in a conversation.

Whatever they have to do to make themselves happy, I guess. Winning 6 out of 7 national titles isn't good enough if you still have to acknowledge UND, I suppose ...

Man, it's awesome how much UND still gets underneath their cow hide [skin]. 

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

Whatever they have to do to make themselves happy, I guess. Winning 6 out 7 national titles isn't good enough if you still have to acknowledge UND, I suppose ...

Man, it's awesome how much UND still gets underneath their cow hide [skin]. 

I find it odd that UND fans insist on telling NDSU fans who their rival really is. I don't doubt that UND considers NDSU its primary rival in football, and I would never presume to tell a UND fan that they were wrong about it.

16 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

I find it odd that UND fans insist on telling NDSU fans who their rival really is. I don't doubt that UND considers NDSU its primary rival in football, and I would never presume to tell a UND fan that they were wrong about it.

We're not telling NDSU fans who their rival really is. We're just trying to convince you.

The majority of NDSU fans, who are honest with themselves, already know their true rival is UND. 

The few NDSU fans who post on this website are extremists (demonstrated by them monitoring and posting on a UND site), and I would expect nothing but the "SDSU true rival" propaganda from them. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

We're not telling NDSU fans who their rival really is. We're just trying to convince you.

The majority of NDSU fans, who are honest with themselves, already know their true rival is UND. 

The few NDSU fans who post on this website are extremists (demonstrated by them monitoring and posting on a UND site), and I would expect nothing but the "SDSU true rival" propaganda from them. 

Did it ever occur to you that neither I, nor NDSU fans as a group, can be wrong about who we collectively consider to be NDSU's primary rival?

If we say you're not our primary rival, then you're not. It's that simple.

4 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Did it ever occur to you that neither I, nor NDSU fans as a group, can be wrong about who we collectively consider to be NDSU's primary rival?

The attendance at games and the actions of NDSU’s administrators with scheduling says otherwise. 

And stop saying "we", it's "you". If you ran a poll open to the entire city of Fargo, who do you think they would pick? Not SDSU.

Also, the attendance versus scheduling issues are not contradictory based on what I posted before. 

You can believe what you want, but again, I told you so when you’re forced to admit UND is the main rival in a couple years. 

8 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

How often do you post on the SDSU fan forum? 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The attendance at games and the actions of NDSU’s administrators with scheduling says otherwise. 

And stop saying "we", it's "you". If you ran a poll open to the entire city of Fargo, who do you think they would pick? Not SDSU.

Also, the attendance versus scheduling issues are not contradictory based on what I posted before. 

You can believe what you want, but again, I told you so when you’re forced to admit UND is the main rival in a couple years. 

Unlike you, I'm not saying that I know the thoughts of any Bison fan other than myself.  Nor do I pretend to have a crystal ball to tell me much about the future. I will say that NDSU has had a much more productive relationship with SDSU since they moved to DI together than it ever had with UND.  I could be wrong, but think that positive, constructive relationship is likely to continue in the future.

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

There isn't a contradiction unless you want to use ignorance as your own argument.

You should know, as well as really everyone, that NDSU-UND games will sell out. I would imagine NDSU has also known that since 2004. However, NDSU still didn't schedule the current 2 game series until 2014 and never did schedule an out-of-conference game in Grand Forks. It certainly wasn't because UND didn't want to play NDSU, but quite the opposite. 

NDSU felt - emotionally and strategically - that not scheduling UND (despite the guaranteed one game sell out with high ticket prices) would hurt UND and protect NDSU in the long-term. The benefits outweighed the risks in the long-term, you could say, so that is what NDSU did. How can you not see that? 

It obviously worked for NDSU, as the fan base/allegiances have completely shifted since the two programs last regularly played in 2003. The last time the two played as conference rivals, UND was coming off a national championship in 2001 and NDSU had recently underwent a coaching change in 2003. The roles are quite different now, obviously. UND fans understand that Roger Thomas screwed up by not moving up to DI when NDSU and SDSU did. We acknowledge that and understand it ultimately hurt UND. 

Nonetheless, UND is NDSU's primary rival and NDSU is UND's primary rival. No way around it unless you want to blatantly ignore history, North Dakota culture, and geography.  

Youre pretty off base on why we didnt schedule UND. Its been discussed many many times here.

1 minute ago, Gothmog said:

Not much happening there.

Not much happening on your rivals site. So, you come onto a site for a school you don’t care about? Reminds me of a straight guy going on grindr to pick up chicks. He’s either lying to himself or just doesn’t know yet that he’s gay. Which one are you? 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Ever go to Anygivensaturday.com? Every UND thread in the past was always invaded by Bison fans thumping their chest to belittle us at everything. (One of many reasons I quit going to that site) SDSU may be your rival but not your number one rival that is reserved for us. You think because you have a trophy that makes them your primary rival? We had one with South Dakota but never thought of them as our number one rival. What’s funny I used to have a house divided flag (got ripped apart by wind) with a Bison on one side and a Sioux logo on the other. I have never seen anything like that with the Bison and Jacks. So go kid yourself and think your number one is the Jacks, while reality will remind you who it really is.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Youre pretty off base on why we didnt schedule UND. Its been discussed many many times here.

I have followed UND football for many years, including the collapse of the annual Nickel Trophy game. I know what happened and partially detailed it with my post. Anything different is just opinion and/or heresay unless proven otherwise. What I posted in some ways is opinion, but I’ve included what factual historical info I could. 

There is very little reason to not schedule to play a football program only 80 miles away unless you are in a position to hurt that program while bolstering your own. That is obviously how NDSU saw it. There are alternative theories out there that you NDSU fans love, but they are irrational and/or unprovable. 

Again, as an NDSU supporter, I wouldn’t expect different from you in regards to this subject. 

13 minutes ago, bang said:

Not much happening on your rivals site. So, you come onto a site for a school you don’t care about? Reminds me of a straight guy going on grindr to pick up chicks. He’s either lying to himself or just doesn’t know yet that he’s gay. Which one are you? 

Who said I don't care about UND? Obviously that's not true. I grew up in ND, so I'll always have an interest. 

But that does not mean I consider UND to be NDSU's primary football rival. Those are two different things. For example, I now live in the Twin Cities, so I am interested in Gopher football, but I don't consider them to be a rival of NDSU's at all.

4 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Who said I don't care about UND? Obviously that's not true. I grew in ND, so I'll always have an interest. 

But that does not mean I consider UND to be NDSU's primary football rival. Those are two different things. For example, I now live in the Twin Cities, so I am interested in the Gopher football, but I don't consider them to be a rival of NDSU's at all.

Why would you consider a team to be your rival that you’ve only played three times in history and have no plans of playing in the future. I live in Bemidji and I’d never bring BSU even into a conversation about rivalries with UND atleast not in football. Your complicated guy Gothmog. I’ll never understand some of your thoughts or why your even on this fan board. I give up. 

NDSU / UND rivalry is not what it was once since SU decided to go division 1 first and UND remained at division 2. The reasons for not playing each other has been documented over the years but the bottom line has been SU and Fargo has marketed itself with all its recent success at football to have surpassed UND is ahead of them in Division 1 sports.  This has worked quite well with UND in the Big Sky Conference and SU in the Missouri valley conference and Summit conference where they were not required to play each other on yearly basis.  This has gone on so long now we have generation of people who never experienced the rivalry the way us older generation had experienced it and even when we played the game  recently it was for pride not like it was in the past where it usually determined who would win the conference and who would get playoff birth. Yes back in the day it was division 2 but I can tell you it meant just as much as it would be today. If you would do your history on this large number of the teams that are in FCS today were mix for the Division 2 titles until they created Division 1 aa  which today is the FCS.  Now today with UND changing conferences and joining SU and the South Dakota schools over next several years were going to see these old rivalries start to heat up again. I think it will be good for both schools and when UND does beat NDSU we will then talk about how big rivalry it is because that day will come and trust me it won't just be in football but other sports as well. The sad part is UND has lost several of the sports over the years that they competed with against SU  and South Dakota schools in the past like Baseball, Wrestling, and swimming not something to be proud of .   This 15 year period of schools going in different directions and now coming back together will be looked like dark period for both schools because playing each other again regularly and sparking up rivalry will improve both schools programs but also will benefit them financially to keep their sports programs healthy. It will be win for all of North Dakota and South Dakota. 

• Upvote 2

This makes sense.  I think the case with SDSU is that it is just a very competitive game each year, and two good teams playing each other is always going to create excitement.  Competitiveness on both sides is important in a rivalry, and I think that is why the SDSU games have a lot of hype right now... it's just always going to be a great game, and that is fun and all, but here just isn't enough hate between the fan bases.  I mean Bison fans, for the most part, want to see SDSU do well when they aren't playing each other!  @Gothmog if you had to chose, who would you rather have NDSU lose to, SDSU or UND?  

As far as your attendance counter argument, SDSU is less than two hours farther from NDSU than UND is.  That isn't a very long drive for a weekend football  game, especially considering it is such a huge rivalry, and how far so many fans have to drive just to watch home games for each school. 

Why don't you include some facts to support your argument for a change?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

As much as SDSU has challenged NDSU in recent years, it hasn’t risen to the level of excitement that UND week used to in the media and around the campuses(unless things have dramatically changed in recent years, which is entirely possible. I haven’t lived in Fargo for many years.)

I can’t speak for any other Bison fans, but I have always and will always consider UND to be NDSU’s primary rival. Mostly because it starts so much earlier for North Dakota kids.

When I was in high school there would be kids arguing between the two programs about which was better and it really ramped up the week of the game.

I can’t say for sure, but I highly doubt two kids walking the halls of any ND high school are arguing over NDSU vs SDSU. The “civil war” mentality will always be there with UND and NDSU for North Dakota kids.

I think you nailed it. I deal on a daily basis with old time Sioux fans and they profess their “HATRED” for the Bison as much today as they did forty years ago.  

I think the annual game will intensify this rivalry for the younger people and when the Sioux finally bury their lance  for the win it will be just like old times. 

On 12/28/2018 at 3:51 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

I have followed UND football for many years, including the collapse of the annual Nickel Trophy game. I know what happened and partially detailed it with my post. Anything different is just opinion and/or heresay unless proven otherwise. What I posted in some ways is opinion, but I’ve included what factual historical info I could. 

There is very little reason to not schedule to play a football program only 80 miles away unless you are in a position to hurt that program while bolstering your own. That is obviously how NDSU saw it. There are alternative theories out there that you NDSU fans love, but they are irrational and/or unprovable. 

Again, as an NDSU supporter, I wouldn’t expect different from you in regards to this subject. 

Und attempted to hurt NDSU and bolster its own program in 2004-2009 period.  NDSU returned the favor in the 2010-2015 period.  Not a one sided deal.  I have no issue with either.  You do what’s in “your” best interest.

Und in the Big Sky was akin to a rennissance period for NDSU.  Too bad it had to end to be honest, are you sure the budget didn’t work?  Do you think TxA&M wants TX to join the SEC?  Back to a forced relationship with an impossible to deal with ex-wife.

• UNDBIZ locked this topic