SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

I know you are attempting to be a sarcastic prick, but I think ndsu's track record of sending players to the pro ranks the last ten years, kind of says they MAY be recruiting a pretty high  caliber    Athlete.         

He just said that to make sure you NDSU people were still reading every single thread of ours, because he knew somebody would reply......and we need an NDSU person to needlessly defend their program or brag about it on our board at least a couple of times a week to keep up with the quota.  :)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

He just said that to make sure you NDSU people were still reading every single thread of ours, because he knew somebody would reply......and we need an NDSU person to needlessly defend their program or brag about it on our board at least a couple of times a week to keep up with the quota.  :)

Yes, that is why he posted it in a forum about und's 2017 season.  News flash it isn't hard to read other teams talk forums, I am a registered member of at least ten current and former fcs message boards, none except for maybe a couple of posters on egriz are as snide as a handful on this board.  Seriously, Taking a pot shot comment about ndsu recruits comes off as petty and wreaks of desperation. Reminds me of a middle schooler looking for attention from the more popular kids by acting out in a weird way.

• Downvote 3

17 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

Yes, that is why he posted it in a forum about und's 2017 season.  News flash it isn't hard to read other teams talk forums, I am a registered member of at least ten current and former fcs message boards, none except for maybe a couple of posters on egriz are as snide as a handful on this board.  Seriously, Taking a pot shot comment about ndsu recruits comes off as petty and wreaks of desperation. Reminds me of a middle schooler looking for attention from the more popular kids by acting out in a weird way.

He made a joke. Now stop trying to derail the thread. 

22 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

I'll never understand why someone would post on a fan board of a team in which they have no ties or rooting interest. But to be registered on no less than 10 current and former fcs message boards seems a bit excessive IMO.  Is this normal?

No, that's not normal at all.

• 2 months later...

So why isn't UND beating out NDSU for recruits? I see that Tom Miller thinks winning is an overblown narrative used too often by Bison fans. If winning isn't it, what is it? Are NDSU coaches better recruiters? Facilities? Better city? Better chance to get to the NFL? This is year 5 for Bubba. How long before he starts winning some of these battles? My guess is most UND fans were expecting that by now he would be winning his share of these battles. 

10 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

So why isn't UND beating out NDSU for recruits? I see that Tom Miller thinks winning is an overblown narrative used too often by Bison fans. If winning isn't it, what is it? Are NDSU coaches better recruiters? Facilities? Better city? Better chance to get to the NFL? This is year 5 for Bubba. How long before he starts winning some of these battles? My guess is most UND fans were expecting that by now he would be winning his share of these battles. 

Because Mussman ran the program into the ground and the administration didn't provide enough money for decent salaries for the coaches. Also, our transition period was not managed very well, while NDSU had a very successful transition period. When you are starting over from scratch, you aren't going to immediately win recruiting battles against a national power 80 miles away.

UND was in this position in 1986 and it took 6 years to make the postseason and 7 years to beat NDSU and win a couple of playoff games. We are now in about the same position as we were in the late 1980's. People who think we should contend for Frisco right now simply do not have a realistic timetable in their heads.

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...
On 6/18/2018 at 11:06 PM, Irish said:

He has some things to learn about keeping and developing his recruits also - I understand the competition but frankly thought we'd be much further along by now.  And We don't need TRex to out recruit these teams, we need Bubba to do it.  That's what he sold us when he was hired.  

He also need to learn you dont negative recruit. It shows poorly on a program and the recruits dont care for it.

• Downvote 4

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

FWIW, from what I was told nobody had to deal with negative recruiting more than UND the last 10 years or so. With all the conference stuff, transition, nickname, etc. Stuff came up quite often from other schools as UND was an easy target.

Throw in people wanting to cut football to reinstate women’s hockey and the negativity continues.

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

NDSU has a long history of negative recruiting so I wouldn’t bring that up if I were you.

Examples? We should probably focus on the current staffs at both schools since they are the only ones relevant today. I don't care what Bohl, Hager, Thomas or Mussman did. They are long gone. 

24 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Examples? We should probably focus on the current staffs at both schools since they are the only ones relevant today. I don't care what Bohl, Hager, Thomas or Mussman did. They are long gone. 

Waiting for those myself.

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Are you saying that is happening?

Yes.

One other thing that came through the grapevine from those in the know is you might want to tell Bubba ----that when he offers a kid at camp dont threaten to pull the offer if he goes to the camp at NDSU.

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

NDSU has a long history of negative recruiting so I wouldn’t bring that up if I were you.

I believe it was Joe Glenn was quoted as saying you dont have to worry about NDSU negative recruiting like you do the other school in ND.

But recruits also pass along information about negative recruiting when they visit other schools.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Yes.

One other thing that came through the grapevine from those in the know is you might want to tell Bubba ----that when he offers a kid at camp dont threaten to pull the offer if he goes to the camp at NDSU.

And it’s fine for NDSU to give take it or leave it offers?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Hey asshat, what if UND is not on a 2 game losing streak?

What would you like to bet? I mean what would you like to lose?  UND can't score enough to beat either of those teams with your defense.  I don't see either UW or SHSU being held under 50.

• Downvote 3