SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to the Big10 - Question?????

SIOUXFAN97

As long the the Pig Ten Network controls a big part of their purse, they would rather have Iowa  (Coralville is building a hockey arena), Nebraska (Pinnacle Arena can also host hockey if they invest in ice making equipment), and Ariz St, even if they have barely filled arenas. 

http://host.madison.com/ct/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-draws-smallest-crowd-in-kohl-center/article_65fcb552-711a-11e5-a242-43324d310fee.html

with these kind of numbers UND will be a BIG10 affiliate soon...

Edited by SiouxVolley

I hope UND never has the REA that empty. It's actually sad to see how far the Badgers have fallen.

I wouldn't even want to see that happen to the Gophers, even though their attendance isn't as great as it has been in the past. I don't care which team it is, I always want an increased interest in college hockey. Truth is Wisconsin also has solid football and basketball programs. As soon as they get back to winning, which at some point they will, they will gain some of their fans back. It has to be time for Mike Eaves to go .... he may have won a natty, but he has killed that program.

doubt und will have that problem. Hockey school. Wisconsin is football/basketball.

They were hockey school until they forgot that goal scoring is a part of the game.  Whenever an offense comes back, then fans will return.  Football and basketball have gone through bad stretches too.

I wouldn't even want to see that happen to the Gophers, even though their attendance isn't as great as it has been in the past. I don't care which team it is, I always want an increased interest in college hockey. Truth is Wisconsin also has solid football and basketball programs. As soon as they get back to winning, which at some point they will, they will gain some of their fans back. It has to be time for Mike Eaves to go .... he may have won a natty, but he has killed that program.

I agree the more attendance in college hockey the better. We needs more teams willing to go the DI route. I wonder if MSU-Moorhead would ever try to raise money for it again.

why would und even consider this? Looks like a downgrade to me.

This is why I laughed when I heard some say that the Big Ten was going to crush the college hockey world with the TV deal and their team's name recognition. In retrospect, that's very funny. We keep hearing how ASU would be better served by being in the B1G. I don't see how.  I think that the NCHC would be a better option. OSU games are even more poorly attended.

This is why I laughed when I heard some say that the Big Ten was going to crush the college hockey world with the TV deal and their team's name recognition. In retrospect, that's very funny. We keep hearing how ASU would be better served by being in the B1G. I don't see how.  I think that the NCHC would be a better option. OSU games are even more poorly attended.

The president of ASU would rather be associated with B1G institutions than FCS and D-II schools, it's that simple.  Has nothing to do with hockey games or attendance.  

• Upvote 1

The president of ASU would rather be associated with B1G institutions than FCS and D-II schools, it's that simple.  Has nothing to do with hockey games or attendance.  

Too bad, it would be nice for UND to try to leverage that relationship into scheduling another FBS team, or even scheduling a basketball game.

• Upvote 1

Whoa hold on, Ohio State has hockey? ;)

or they just go over to Ohio Stadium or whatever their basketball venue is. 

The Buckeyes are pretty good in football. Hockey at some B1G schools has become an afterthought. It's all about football and basketball.  

The Buckeyes are pretty good in football. Hockey at some B1G schools has become an afterthought. It's all about football and basketball.  

Michigan has won the most NC in hockey but hasn't done anything in almost 20 years and I bet their fans don't look at hockey until basketball and football are on bye weeks.

• Upvote 1

Have friends that are Michigan grads. They do not follow hockey at all. Only the major sports - football and basketball. Same with the Notre Dame grads we know.

Thata why I question the hype around Penn State hockey. There can't be that much of a fan base of hockey compared to Minnesota or Wisconsin.

I believe that Arizona State will end up with better attendance than OSU or PSU over the longer term. Notice I didn't say "fan base", but "attendance". I see them getting a small fan base but a lot of snow bird attendees depending on the opponent. 

I have a place I can stay in the Phoenix area in the winter. I've already warned people that my visits will be based on the ASU home hockey schedule. ;)