SiouxSports.com Forum

Fetch's Random Musings

The Sicatoka

At the Lake yesterday & my wife made home made Ortega Tacos with fresh lettuce onions guacamole  & sour cream 2 cheeses delicious tomatoes - I stuffed 2 hard shell & 2 soft & really enjoyed them - I cannot remember the last time we had them - I like Taco Johns & Taco bell once in awhile but there is no comparison - washed them down with Twisted Tea which I have developed a taste for also :)

Who has been to Winnipeg in recent yrs ?

I used to go at least once a yr but since the need for passports  (I don't have one) we no longer go up there

But I seriously going to get one 

What is new & improved must see & do up there now ?

3 hours ago, Fetch said:

Who has been to Winnipeg in recent yrs ?

I used to go at least once a yr but since the need for passports  (I don't have one) we no longer go up there

But I seriously going to get one 

What is new & improved must see & do up there now ?

Human rights museum is new, and architecturally interesting, but it's still a freakin' human rights museum.

Investors Group Field is on UM campus; parking sucks, but the facility is awesome and the pre-game fan experience (for CFL, at least) is A+.  Be sure to check out the city views from the upper deck, and they let everybody come down and hang out and play catch on the field after the game.

Everything else we enjoy up there is pretty old, as near as I can tell.  The railway museum is great if you haven't been , and the zoo is actually a worthwhile trip.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, cberkas said:

You don't need to get a passport you can get an ID card that is like a passport. I think the card is cheep let then the passport.

The passcard is only good for land or air travel and to just a few places. 

If you know all you'll ever do for international travel is drive to Canada, sure passcard. Otherwise, get the passport. (Actually, I have both. I carry the passcard as another form of photo ID and TSA at a lot of airports has never seen and ND DL so you get fewer funny looks.) 

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/card/Difference-Between-Passport-Book-and-Card.html

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The passcard is only good for land or air SEA travel and to just a few places. 

If you know all you'll ever do for international travel is drive to Canada, sure passcard. Otherwise, get the passport. (Actually, I have both. I carry the passcard as another form of photo ID and TSA at a lot of airports has never seen and ND DL so you get fewer funny looks.) 

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/card/Difference-Between-Passport-Book-and-Card.html

I made a mistake (not air). Corrected above. 

And then I remembered twitter....which led me to listening to it on my "radio" right now.

Feature hasnt started yet.

I love "counter culture" sports plus I have a family member who just wrecked when I tuned in lol (and his other Sprint car  buddies I've gotten to know).

Always fantasized about winning the lottery and donating hd video boards and building sweet suites at the bull ring.

Listening to Justice TV (newer OTA station because I'm a "settler") in the background I kept hearing "North Dakota" "Grand Forks"...apparently it was about the unsolved murder of Russell Turcotte.

Like Fargo's Tom Bearson apparently...I guess they don't want the public to know how he died only claiming "homicidal violence" (someone killed him), because it's "sensitive to the investigation" (I don't buy it) they will never solve (in September it will be two years).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...