2015-2016 NHL Season

iluvdebbies

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I literally LOLed when I saw the Rinaldo trade. 8 career goals in four seasons .... As a center... For a second rounder lol.

Rinaldo was a 6th himself. Insane.

He gave up a 3rd round pick for him (not 2nd) but still...horrible, horrible trade for a horrible player.  I also saw that Rinaldo has been suspended for almost as many games as he's actually played in.  I have a feeling there are going to be future conversations on SiouxSports.com about the "goons" from Boston involving Rinaldo, and there is no way that I'll defend that guy.  Just awful.

I figured BOS getting Jones from LAK (for Lucic) was trade bait. It was supposed to be for the #3 pick from ARI. When that didn't work, I wondered if Rask wasn't being shopped (if BOS is really transitioning/rebuilding). 

I figured BOS getting Jones from LAK (for Lucic) was trade bait. It was supposed to be for the #3 pick from ARI. When that didn't work, I wondered if Rask wasn't being shopped (if BOS is really transitioning/rebuilding). 

I read rumors about Tukka being the one being shopped.

Sweeney has repeatedly (and emphatically) denied ever shopping Rask (and I hope that's true).

So essentially for Lucic the Bruins got 2 first round picks (1 from LAK and 1 from SJ) and 2 prospects (Miller from LAK and Kuraly from SJ).  I can live with that.

Uh ... two firsts, and Miller, and Kuraly.

To the the nay-sayers out there on trading Lucic: Tell me again how Sweeney messed that up. I don't see it. 

I believe the bigger mistake is trading away Hamilton. He's a top four defense guy. 

Uh ... two firsts, and Miller, and Kuraly.

To the the nay-sayers out there on trading Lucic: Tell me again how Sweeney messed that up. I don't see it. 

I believe the bigger mistake is trading away Hamilton. He's a top four defense guy. 

I agree 100%.  Sweeney ended up making a good situation out of the Lucic deal.  I wasn't too happy with it at first, but it's been rumored for a couple years that he might be traded.  For what he ended up getting for Lucic in the end, that's a good deal.

The Hamilton trade on the other hand, and how the draft unfolded with picks 13, 14 and 15...........UGH! 

I don't know what the Blackhawks were thinking trading Saad to the Blue Jackets.

Saad was going to get an offer sheet, 100%. There was no way chi could match. At least this way they got two players and 2 potential prospects. Again, they were about to lose Saad for a late first rounder most likely (next year). Bowman did what he could with almost no leverage. The hawks will be ok, we've seen this all before.

I'd say CHI made lemonade. Saad wanted about 6 years at $6.5MM per. No way could CHI come anywhere near that. Rather than getting a late first rounder they got something more than hope. I think CHI will end up putting either Morin or Dano into a bottom six role in the fall. 

What caught my eye in yesterday's transactions was CAR putting Alex Semin on unconditional waivers. When he was with WAS he was slotted correctly (behind Ovechkin and Backstrom). CAR expected him to be a marquee guy. Semin is way too hot and cold for that. I wonder if someone will take one last chance on him because when he's on, offensively he's lethal. 

I agree 100%.  Sweeney ended up making a good situation out of the Lucic deal.  I wasn't too happy with it at first, but it's been rumored for a couple years that he might be traded.  For what he ended up getting for Lucic in the end, that's a good deal.

The Hamilton trade on the other hand, and how the draft unfolded with picks 13, 14 and 15...........UGH! 

They mentioned on NHL network last night that BOS offered 6 years somewhere around $5.5 AAV to Hamilton, and he ended up signing for 6 and $5.75AAV with Calgary.  It's possible the writing was on the wall that Dougie was looking for a change and they got what they could.  The money wasn't that far apart.