SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

The way this thread is going, we should call the season a loss and start getting ready for 2016-2017. Cam had a bad night after having a great one on Friday night last weekend. Saturday nights game was a wash, Cam probably was not ready for how Western came out flying. When tournament time comes he will be expecting teams to come out FLYING faster and harder than he has ever seen before, knowing that it is the national tournament and their is a reason that the other team is their. Or if Cam cracks this and/or next weekend we do have another goalie that is chomping at the bit............... RYAN ANDERSEN followed by Matt Hrynkiw.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

If Karl had Cams height he would have been an NHL all star.

Is it too late to arrange some marriages here?

Sisters.   Sisters.  :D

Of course, there would always be the risk that we manipulate the gene pool to create a tall, quick, talented goalie who goes off to play for the goofers. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

It's not like this is a phenomenon exclusive to us. BU had it the next game. Zane laid an egg but also stole the regional from Ferris the year before.  Too much negative affinity considering how well the team is playing. 

Until we hang another green banner there will always be the negativity about something. After we win #8, I predict we'll have until at least Christmas break for a honeymoon period, then it'll start all over.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

I thought this was a Non UND thread?

I had originally posted some comments a few days ago pertaining to the Mike Haviland Coaches Show regarding his team's preparation and thoughts of their upcoming series against UND. It's non-UND hockey, of sorts as it had to do with CC. In any event, you can blame me. 

7 hours ago, cberkas said:

Thanks for forwarding.

Fascinating tidbit - Wisconsin with 12 freshmen on its roster.   None drafted yet (according to collegehockeynews.com; i note that Kunin is not yet draft eligible).  A big change in recruiting strategy, and one that "has yet to pay off".

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/reports/roster/Wisconsin/58 

An article in the NYT about Quinnipiac being a hockey school.

I have to say I am happy for Quinnipiac. Although that "...before Quinnipiac became an epicenter of college hockey," line really made me laugh.  I know QU is a great team, especially this year. But come on, epicenter of college hockey? Bit of an overstatement, no? A few National Championships (Or ya know, seven) and they can cement their epicenter status. They did handle St. Cloud pretty well at the beginning of the season (5-2, and 4-1). We'll see if the Cats can make some noise this postseason. 

• Upvote 1