After Monday's games:

25 - The Sicatoka

22 - UND-RedSox fan

21 - Ray77

19 - MafiaMan

18 - andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

18 - jimdahl

16 - fight on sioux

I was just thinking about how the game will soon transform into who's still playing instead of who's scoring, so made my own spreadsheet (so far not with scores like Ray's, but just to track who picked whom).

A couple interesting things so far are:

• The only unanimous choice was Nash (Ovie was picked up by everyone but Ray77)
  • The only goalie with more than one pick is Dubnyk with 3

With Ottawa and Winnipeg facing elimination tonight, the biggest effects would be that a lot of people have Byfuglein (WPG) and my goalie (Price-MTL) would be the first goalie advanced to the 2d round.

I was just thinking about how the game will soon transform into who's still playing instead of who's scoring, so made my own spreadsheet (so far not with scores like Ray's, but just to track who picked whom).

A couple interesting things so far are:

• The only unanimous choice was Nash (Ovie was picked up by everyone but Ray77)
  • The only goalie with more than one pick is Dubnyk with 3

With Ottawa and Winnipeg facing elimination tonight, the biggest effects would be that a lot of people have Byfuglein (WPG) and my goalie (Price-MTL) would be the first goalie advanced to the 2d round.

This is why I need the Islanders to win, and eliminate Ovechkin!

Those that picked Dubnyk aren't going to like it when Minnesota advances.  Same with your pick of Price when Montreal beats Ottawa.  I was debating taking Price, but changed my mind.  He's just had too good of a year and at some point the clock was going to hit midnight on Ottawa's dream run.

After Monday's games:

25 - The Sicatoka

22 - UND-RedSox fan

21 - Ray77

19 - MafiaMan

18 - andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

18 - jimdahl

16 - fight on Sioux

Latest update after the 4/21 games:

27 - The Sicatoka

26 - UND-RedSox fan

23 - Ray77

22 - andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

22 - jimdahl

20 - MafiaMan

19 - fight on sioux

This is why I need the Islanders to win, and eliminate Ovechkin!

Those that picked Dubnyk aren't going to like it when Minnesota advances.  Same with your pick of Price when Montreal beats Ottawa.  I was debating taking Price, but changed my mind.  He's just had too good of a year and at some point the clock was going to hit midnight on Ottawa's dream run.

Remains to be seen how many goalies advance, but losing your goalie in the first round is a big advantage. If you think of a great goalie as making it though a round with ~8 GA, it's entirely conceivable to let in something more like 15. That's worth something like 2-3 star forwards.

I had hoped that Ottawa could advance while scoring a minimal number of goals. My other thought was that if Price were to advance, it would be with a decent GAA (so far true). But even if you think of a great goalie as making it through a round with ~8 GAA, that 

Probably should've just gone with the favorite to be eliminated (Fleury).

Remains to be seen how many goalies advance, but losing your goalie in the first round is a huge advantage. I had hoped that Ottawa could advance while scoring a minimal number of goals. Clearly should've just gone with the favorite to be eliminated (Fleury).

Here are current Goals Against for the goalies picked:

5- Dubnyk (3 games played)

6 - Price (3 games played)

6 - Lundqvist (3 games played)

7 - Fleury (3 games played)

8- Halak (4 games played)

Hey Ray,

I've created my own spreadsheet also but my numbers don't align to yours (but I'm in lead also in mine :) ). You just posted GA for all the goalies. Can you post points (and penalties for the D) also to get us aligned? 

Hey Ray,

I've created my own spreadsheet also but my numbers don't align to yours (but I'm in lead also in mine :) ). You just posted GA for all the goalies. Can you post points (and penalties for the D) also to get us aligned? 

Yes, I'll post what I have.  Keep in mind, the Goals Against for the goalies do not count any empty net goals.  How far are we off?

Yes, I'll post what I have.  Keep in mind, the Goals Against for the goalies do not count any empty net goals.  How far are we off?

One here, one there. I'm guessing a type or two on mine (or bad data). 

And correct, GA is just GA. ENGs don't count against the goalie. 

Was the error 2 points on jimdahl's team?!  If so, I found it.  What I do is go through the box score and when I see a player who scores I add those points to my spreadsheet.  When I go down the box score I am going off my memory of what players were taken on our teams.  There was one player that when I saw he scored I glossed over it thinking "nobody has him".  That player......Jiri Hudler.

How does this look?  If there's still a discrepancy, let me know and I'll post details for all players.

27 - The Sicatoka

26 - UND-RedSox fan

24 - jimdahl

23 - Ray77

20 - MafiaMan

19 - fight on sioux

Was the error 2 points on jimdahl's team?!  If so, I found it.  What I do is go through the box score and when I see a player who scores I add those points to my spreadsheet.  When I go down the box score I am going off my memory of what players were taken on our teams.  There was one player that when I saw he scored I glossed over it thinking "nobody has him".  That player......Jiri Hudler.

How does this look?  If there's still a discrepancy, let me know and I'll post details for all players.

27 - The Sicatoka

26 - UND-RedSox fan

24 - jimdahl

23 - Ray77

20 - MafiaMan

19 - fight on Sioux

Looks like I also missed a Rick Nash assist.  Give me a minute, I'm going through each player 1 by 1.  Will be back with an update...

OK - sorry about this everyone.  I think I have it all fixed now.  Here is what I show for current standings.  The Sicatoka please let me know if this matches yours now!  And thanks for double-checking.

27 - The Sicatoka

27 - UND-RedSox fan

25 - jimdahl

24 - andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

23 - Ray77

21 - MafiaMan

20 - fight on Sioux

My errors resulted in:

0 for Ray77

0 for The Sicatoka

+1 for UND-RedSox fan

+1 for fight on Sioux

+1 for MafiaMan

+2 for andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

+3 for jimdahl

OK - sorry about this everyone.  I think I have it all fixed now.  Here is what I show for current standings.  The Sicatoka please let me know if this matches yours now!  And thanks for double-checking.

27 - The Sicatoka

27 - UND-RedSox fan

25 - jimdahl

23 - Ray77

21 - MafiaMan

20 - fight on Sioux

I have jimdahl at 26. I agree otherwise.

Seeing we agree otherwise, looking at jimdahl's unique players: Backstrom (6), Hudler (2), Price (-6). Is that what you have? 

Quick observations:

1. Ray77 had some issues in his standings (nice work, dummy!) :D  - thanks for catching this Sicatoka!

2. fight on sioux took Justin Falk from Minnesota, the problem here is that Justin Falk plays for Columbus.  Nice guys we are that we didn't correct this before the game started so fight on sioux could pick a new player!  For the record, I just caught on to this right now when taking a deeper look into my spreadsheet and standings.

3. There were 5 players from the Blues taken (Tarasenko, Oshie, Backes, Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo).  Tarasenko (3g, 1a) and Shattenkirk (0g, 4a, 0 penalties) are the only Blues with points.  Oshie, Backes and Pietrangelo have all been blanked.  Now that I say this, they will go off tonight against Minnesota!

4. The Blues players mentioned in #3 are the only players to have 0 points (along with Falk).  Everyone else has at least 1 point.

5. jimdahl's own, Nicklas Backstrom, leads the playoffs with 6 points.

6. We had 2 entries that took Ryan Getzlaf, and nobody took Corey Perry.  Notable because Perry is tied for 2nd in playoff scoring with 5 points, Getzlaf is right behind him with 4.

7. Byfuglien and Subban are tied for the most penalties (2).  I would have thought someone would have had more by now, although, it is the playoffs - you have to stay out of the box!  Also, one of Subban's was his 10 minute game misconduct, and you could argue that Byfuglien should have gotten the same!

I have jimdahl at 26. I agree otherwise.

Seeing we agree otherwise, looking at jimdahl's unique players: Backstrom (6), Hudler (2), Price (-6). Is that what you have? 

I found it.  And again, you are correct.  Yes, that is what I have for Backstrom (6), Hudler (2) and Price (-6).  It wasn't an error with the points for the players that I had, it was an error in my spreadsheet (I had the wrong cell).  So through all of this, jimdahl moves from 22 points to 26 points.  Geez, you'd think the owner/creator of this board would get a little respect around here!

27 - The Sicatoka

27 - UND-RedSox fan

26 - jimdahl

23 - Ray77

21 - MafiaMan

20 - fight on Sioux