SiouxSports.com Forum

REA Banners

MafiaMan

4 hours ago, darell1976 said:

So the interlocking ND would be used for the 59 and 63 banners while the Blackhawk logo would be for 80, 82, and 87. Geometric for 97 and 2000, then interlocking ND for 16. I wonder if people would be mad with the BB logo taken off a lot of banners. 

Mad would be an understatement.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Mad would be an understatement.  

I still snatch up all of the BB logo memorabilia I can and don’t really care for the new logo. However, I have purchased items (Jersey - wanted another color, quarter zips, pants, etc) with the Hawk logo.  I will always call them the Fighting Sioux and my kids know them by that name as well, just because that’s how I reference them.  That being said, I would be more supportive of the historical logos used for the banners than a BB logo - I think it’s very cool way to show the history of the program.  See the logo Belfour, Blake, etc wore while playing here.

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

So the interlocking ND would be used for the 59 and 63 banners while the Blackhawk logo would be for 80, 82, and 87. Geometric for 97 and 2000, then interlocking ND for 16. I wonder if people would be mad with the BB logo taken off a lot of banners. 

Most likely not. Seems like the majority prefer era-specific logos to exclusively the BB logo.

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So what logo will be on the next banner that gets hung from the rafters?  the Fighting Hawks logo or the "North Dakota" script.  Unfortunately, it would likely be the stupid script!!

I like your optimism of worrying about the next banner...might be a few years before it's an issue.

15 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So what logo will be on the next banner that gets hung from the rafters?  the Fighting Hawks logo or the "North Dakota" script.  Unfortunately, it would likely be the stupid script!!

Who pays for the Banners?  If REA pays for the Banners it will have the script.  If UND pays it will have the Hawk Logo.

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

Who pays for the Banners?  If REA pays for the Banners it will have the script.  If UND pays it will have the Hawk Logo.

Well, REA did put banners in the Betty with the fighting Hawks logo.  So clearly it would be the REA not wanting to offend the hockey fanbase by using it on a hockey banner. 

betty.jpg

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

What about authenticity? It comes of as disingenuous to me to have the B.B. logo on a green banner.

Not sure i disagree... 

When all the banners where the same and was theblogo... fine... it looks more uniform and structured.

Once thatvhas been changed and now not uniform... 

I like the idea of period correct logos.. or wordmarks

Not nobody gunna put sammy up ....

Use a diagonal SIOUX for 1st 2

Bhawks logo variations... (permission may be an issue)

Geometrics and of course

the current UND for 16 and the future :)

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

For context, the Old Ralph at one time until the last game there had the geometric logo on all 7 of the National Championship banners.  The WCHA Championships I believe had just the year and "WCHA Champions" on it..

oldengelstad_interior.jpg

I equally dislike it. But man, do I miss the green and white seats.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It will have the Hawk logo on it, just like the REA had no say on the Hawk logo on the jerseys. They control the building not the product playing in it. Banners belong to the University.

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

What about authenticity? It comes of as disingenuous to me to have the B.B. logo on a green banner.

To me it's about building a brand.  When a recruit walks in and sees the banners up there, it looks like one historic family of tradition.  It all feels connected.  I'm not sure I'll ever be able to explain it how I think it.

I don't hate the idea of period correct logos, I just prefer the way it's been.

On a side note, I also wish that the team would come up with a jersey design that can stand the test of time and never be changed outside of tweaking it as necessary.

22 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

For context, the Old Ralph at one time until the last game there had the geometric logo on all 7 of the National Championship banners.  The WCHA Championships I believe had just the year and "WCHA Champions" on it..

oldengelstad_interior.jpg

always curious as to what happened to those banners?