Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd like to express my gratitude to this team, including the coaches, for giving such pleasure as fans this year.   It is a special bunch, and whether they win No. 8 or not, they have delivered on the

There is a lot that this season will be remembered for....but what Coltyn Sanderson brought to this team is immeasurable.

Could be worse, he could miss a game against a D-1 team.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

oh from what I heard last night he is. I was wondering why Anderson was the third stringer.

Tomek and Gornall were sick and didn't make trip according to Brad.

I think it'd be good if Tomek does apply for redshirt. He probably will leave early but doesn't hurt to retain that extra year of eligibility just in case.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Tomek and Gornall were sick and didn't make trip according to Brad.

I think it'd be good if Tomek does apply for redshirt. He probably will leave early but doesn't hurt to retain that extra year of eligibility just in case.

ill go out on a limb and say he applies. Your point makes sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

You have to apply for a redshirt in hockey? It's that much different than every other sport?

Pretty sure you have to apply for one in every sport don't you?  I'm certain you have to for a medical redshirt but maybe a standard redshirt is different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewUNDAlum said:

Pretty sure you have to apply for one in every sport don't you?  I'm certain you have to for a medical redshirt but maybe a standard redshirt is different.

For a normal one you can use it any time. You have 5 years to play 4. No application needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, GreenWing said:

Just rewatched the game from last night. I noticed St. Clair came out of the tunnel for warm ups but was never on the line chart to play. Is it normal for scratches to warm up with the team? 

Think you can have 1 extra guy warm up and no it doesn't happen all the time. It usually means someone is playing hurt and coaches aren't sure if that player can go or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2016 at 5:59 PM, iluvdebbies said:

He and Gornall were sick....so they left them at home...didn't want to get everyone else sick.

Gornall got lost in the shuffle a little.  I liked what I saw from him when he did play, but I can't say I saw a lot.  Any thoughts about where he fits in for next year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, burd said:

Gornall got lost in the shuffle a little.  I liked what I saw from him when he did play, but I can't say I saw a lot.  Any thoughts about where he fits in for next year?

Probably the bench or a 4th line role.  In the limited time I say him play I liked his compete level a lot.  He may have a chance to play by the time he's a senior.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Probably the bench or a 4th line role.  In the limited time I say him play I liked his compete level a lot.  He may have a chance to play by the time he's a senior.

I may be showing my hockey ignorance here, but he showed hints of the early versions of Poganski and Pattyn.  The kind of guy our coaches have a history of developing so well, though Poganski's level may be beyond his reach.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, burd said:

I may be showing my hockey ignorance here, but he showed hints of the early versions of Poganski and Pattyn.  The kind of guy our coaches have a history of developing so well, though Poganski's level may be beyond his reach.   

I think I could see Patts.... Pogo, no way. There's a reason he's a fourth round draft pick. I think Gornall can carve a role by the time he's done here, though. Hard workers often find spots on our teams.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Probably the bench or a 4th line role.  In the limited time I say him play I liked his compete level a lot.  He may have a chance to play by the time he's a senior.

see Coltyn Sanderson and Brent Davidson...Fighting Sioux embodied

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this on twitter:  NCHC Tourney Champ has gone on to get knocked out of the first round of the NCAA tournament each year!!  

2014:  Denver - L 2-6 to BC

2015:  Miami - L 5-7 to Providence

2016:  St Cloud - L 4-5 to Ferris State

Maybe it's a good thing not to win the Frozen Faceoff!!  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Saw this on twitter:  NCHC Tourney Champ has gone on to get knocked out of the first round of the NCAA tournament each year!!  

2014:  Denver - L 2-6 to BC

2015:  Miami - L 5-7 to Providence

2016:  St Cloud - L 4-5 to Ferris State

Maybe it's a good thing not to win the Frozen Faceoff!!  

This will be hard for some on here to read.....:lol:

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Ohh okay. Was it in last years through these doors? I don't remember.

I don't remember the episode, but there's a time stamp above Stecher in the top left corner when he's talking that says April 15, 2015.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...