SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

oh from what I heard last night he is. I was wondering why Anderson was the third stringer.

Tomek and Gornall were sick and didn't make trip according to Brad.

I think it'd be good if Tomek does apply for redshirt. He probably will leave early but doesn't hurt to retain that extra year of eligibility just in case.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Tomek and Gornall were sick and didn't make trip according to Brad.

I think it'd be good if Tomek does apply for redshirt. He probably will leave early but doesn't hurt to retain that extra year of eligibility just in case.

ill go out on a limb and say he applies. Your point makes sense.

19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

You have to apply for a redshirt in hockey? It's that much different than every other sport?

Pretty sure you have to apply for one in every sport don't you?  I'm certain you have to for a medical redshirt but maybe a standard redshirt is different.

2 minutes ago, NewUNDAlum said:

Pretty sure you have to apply for one in every sport don't you?  I'm certain you have to for a medical redshirt but maybe a standard redshirt is different.

For a normal one you can use it any time. You have 5 years to play 4. No application needed.

38 minutes ago, GreenWing said:

Just rewatched the game from last night. I noticed St. Clair came out of the tunnel for warm ups but was never on the line chart to play. Is it normal for scratches to warm up with the team? 

Think you can have 1 extra guy warm up and no it doesn't happen all the time. It usually means someone is playing hurt and coaches aren't sure if that player can go or not.

On 3/27/2016 at 5:59 PM, iluvdebbies said:

He and Gornall were sick....so they left them at home...didn't want to get everyone else sick.

Gornall got lost in the shuffle a little.  I liked what I saw from him when he did play, but I can't say I saw a lot.  Any thoughts about where he fits in for next year?

1 hour ago, burd said:

Gornall got lost in the shuffle a little.  I liked what I saw from him when he did play, but I can't say I saw a lot.  Any thoughts about where he fits in for next year?

Probably the bench or a 4th line role.  In the limited time I say him play I liked his compete level a lot.  He may have a chance to play by the time he's a senior.

53 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Probably the bench or a 4th line role.  In the limited time I say him play I liked his compete level a lot.  He may have a chance to play by the time he's a senior.

I may be showing my hockey ignorance here, but he showed hints of the early versions of Poganski and Pattyn.  The kind of guy our coaches have a history of developing so well, though Poganski's level may be beyond his reach.   

8 minutes ago, burd said:

I may be showing my hockey ignorance here, but he showed hints of the early versions of Poganski and Pattyn.  The kind of guy our coaches have a history of developing so well, though Poganski's level may be beyond his reach.   

I think I could see Patts.... Pogo, no way. There's a reason he's a fourth round draft pick. I think Gornall can carve a role by the time he's done here, though. Hard workers often find spots on our teams.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

see Coltyn Sanderson and Brent Davidson...Fighting Sioux embodied

• Upvote 3

Saw this on twitter:  NCHC Tourney Champ has gone on to get knocked out of the first round of the NCAA tournament each year!!  

2014:  Denver - L 2-6 to BC

2015:  Miami - L 5-7 to Providence

2016:  St Cloud - L 4-5 to Ferris State

Maybe it's a good thing not to win the Frozen Faceoff!!  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Saw this on twitter:  NCHC Tourney Champ has gone on to get knocked out of the first round of the NCAA tournament each year!!  

2014:  Denver - L 2-6 to BC

2015:  Miami - L 5-7 to Providence

2016:  St Cloud - L 4-5 to Ferris State

Maybe it's a good thing not to win the Frozen Faceoff!!  

This will be hard for some on here to read.....:lol:

• Upvote 1