SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

UND's record is now 30-5-3, I think.  They haven't accomplished anything in the NCAAs, but I don't think a UND team has ever lost fewer than 7 games in a season.  Among teams that won the banner, the 1963 team lost 7.  The Circus lost 8.  Among other good teams, the '03-04 team lost 8, and the '10-11 team lost 9.   

If they do not win their last game, many will say this year was a fail, but it has already been something special.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, burd said:

UND's record is now 30-5-3, I think.  They haven't accomplished anything in the NCAAs, but I don't think a UND team has ever lost fewer than 7 games in a season.  Among teams that won the banner, the 1963 team lost 7.  The Circus lost 8.  Among other good teams, the '03-04 team lost 8, and the '10-11 team lost 9.   

If they do not win their last game, many will say this year was a fail, but it has already been something special.  

Hail Bubba! 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, burd said:

It looks to me like the 1998-99 team went 32-6-2.

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:22 AM, burd said:

How did you know what I was going to write about before I wrote about it?!? :)

The 30-Win Season: A Major Milestone

Dave

On March 15, 2016 at 11:09 PM, yepdude said:

5 losses in 47-48 and 52-53.  Different era...

Where's NorthDakotaHockey when we need him?  I think he was a sophomore at UND in 47-48 and then was at the law school there in 52-53.  Oh, the golden days of yore...

• Upvote 1

All the attention will be on CBS and Cam as we roll into the final stretch.  I agree you need your horses to run in order to win it all, but I firmly believe our chance at number 8 hangs fully on our dcorps and the depth at forward.  to me, those pieces are what makes this team special- everybody from here on out will need grade A goaltending, and every team has a very good to great top 3 and top pair.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...