SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

Just now, UND-RedSox fan said:

The play that Drake is up against really wasn't that nice of a play. Screwed up the original save and then dove at a puck that may have not gone in anyways. 

Agreed.  But it seems the UNO fans are hellbent on winning something this postseason...whether that be on the ice or on the internet.  :);)

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, cberkas said:

If anyone other then Kyle Connor wins, I will be surprised.

I'm really not sure who could win this year.  The factors that could go against him, are that he is a freshman, playing on a high scoring, poor defensive team in the Big Ten.  Yes, his plus/minus is just below the leader in Caggiula, but in a league that hasn't been that good defensively.  I'm not sure he is the clear cut leader, but in absence of another one, he could still be the leader in the clubhouse.

3 hours ago, tnt said:

I'm really not sure who could win this year.  The factors that could go against him, are that he is a freshman, playing on a high scoring, poor defensive team in the Big Ten.  Yes, his plus/minus is just below the leader in Caggiula, but in a league that hasn't been that good defensively.  I'm not sure he is the clear cut leader, but in absence of another one, he could still be the leader in the clubhouse.

I would go with Vesey from Harvard this year. He's had a great career and a really good season. Tied for 6th in points per game while playing in a conference that has teams that know how to play defense (top are all Robert Morris and Michigan players). They say they consider academics and character. Well if you've read that article he wrote for the Player's Tribune and he goes to Harvard so he has those both checked off. Plus they gave it to a freshman last year and I don't think they will do that two years in a row. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, chicofelipe said:

He did play in the exhibition game against U18. I'm not sure if that disqualifies him for a redshirt.

Looking at the stats here: http://www.undsports.com//fls/13500/stats/mhockey/2015-16/teamcume.htm#TEAM.IND it would appear that his play against the U18 does not count in the stats. So maybe it doesn't negate a redshirt.

17 hours ago, Cratter said:

Ya all talk about all these UNO fans on the internet...where are you finding them? You follow them on the twatter or something?

They barely have a team message board.

My cousin is famous for the twitter picture

He was in the UNO jersey Friday then the Sioux Jersey Saturday

12 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Saw that picture. What was the story behind that? Likes both teams?

My aunt is a UNO grad my Uncle is a UND and UNO grad, and his first taste of Sioux hockey was the game against DU we scored 4 in the 3rd to win.  (Just so happened it was the day after grandma's funeral so it made a terrible week a little better)

• Upvote 2