SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

Gersich is highly regarded, drafted, and has a much higher offensive ceiling than every forward outside of the CBS- he has a similar ceiling, but in a very different way than Pogo.  He has shown a great motor and has scored quite a few goals- especially for his limited playing time.  For these reasons, he plays top 6 if I'm Bubbs.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Gersich is highly regarded, drafted, and has a much higher offensive ceiling than every forward outside of the CBS- he has a similar ceiling, but in a very different way than Pogo.  He has shown a great motor and has scored quite a few goals- especially for his limited playing time.  For these reasons, he plays top 6 if I'm Bubbs.

Agree.....he definitely should be top 6 compared to Wilke.  I also think JJ has shown some flashes of putting it together. He plays bigger than he is.  How about Gersich and Pogo centered by Colton?

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Thanks. I guess I should have waited a few more minutes - Schloss just put an article in the Herald that said both Cags and Schmaltz are out for this weekend.

Wilke is out too. Gardner is ill and questionable for tomorrow. 

If the boys can win tonight, the timing of the injuries to Schmaltz and Caggiula was fortunate.   Two bottom dwellers followed by a bye--4 weeks between games.  Though it appears CC is not a team that should be considered a bottom dweller. 

5 minutes ago, burd said:

If the boys can win tonight, the timing of the injuries to Schmaltz and Caggiula was fortunate.   Two bottom dwellers followed by a bye--4 weeks between games.  Though it appears CC is not a team that should be considered a bottom dweller. 

Nick gets the Christmas break he missed due to World Juniors

Went to my first Coyotes game in a few years tonight against the Blackhawks.

Was amazed at the number of Sioux jerseys!  Didn't see a single other college jersey...not even ASU.
Had quite a few people comment as well and say Go Sioux!
We even walked in to the arena with a guy and his dad that grew up in Thompson.

Pretty cool.

• Upvote 3