SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

39 minutes ago, keikla said:

Actually, I would think that would be the fan base of the Golden Chokers.  Their season-long mediocrity of the past few years may have made us forget that they are historically the kings of the second-half meltdown.

Fair enough. I'm thinking more of just losing a heart-breaker, not necessarily a meltdown.

6 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

There's been lots of interest as far as when we will have a Tomek sighting, but what about St. Clair? If he's not ready yet, when will he ever be?

Brad has said end of February a while back for St. Clair. Hopefully he is ahead of schedule on that timeline.

On Tomek, I have not heard good things on that front.

4 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Brad has said end of February a while back for St. Clair. Hopefully he is ahead of schedule on that timeline.

On Tomek, I have not heard good things on that front.

I honestly was starting to think that he was bolting at Christmas but he's still here.  If he does not play in one game could he leave after this year and claim medical hardship and still have 4 years of eligibility?

2 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Saw Colton at the game Sat. No cast, no stick support thing, like he had earlier. Heard he was close. Reliable source.

I'm interested to see who he would play over. Prior to the season starting I would have said Rhett, but assuming he's healthy I would say Rhett plays.  I've been pretty surprised with him.

15 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I honestly was starting to think that he was bolting at Christmas but he's still here.  If he does not play in one game could he leave after this year and claim medical hardship and still have 4 years of eligibility?

If he doesn't play in a single game it would be considered a redshirt year. You can't apply for a medical hardship until after the redshirt year is used up.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:
17 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I'm interested to see who he would play over. Prior to the season starting I would have said Rhett, but assuming he's healthy I would say Rhett plays.  I've been pretty surprised with him.

Sanderson goes bye bye to the stands every night, if I had the choice.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Coach Berry said that Tomek was close and said that a couple of goalies could get some playing time on Saturday night. 

21 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Note for you Sioux fans living in the Twin Cities area...Local channel WUCW (23) is picking up the ASN feed for the January 30 (Western Michigan) and February 27 (Omaha) games.  If you a Comcast subscriber, the game can be found on Channel 8 or Channel 808 (HD).  If you have a decent antenna, you can find it on 23.1, 23.2 or 23.3.

Good luck.

Thanks for this!  

16 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I am not the biggest Schlossman fan in the world, but I agree with this article 100%. I also get hung up on what will happen the next couple of years too much.

34 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am not the biggest Schlossman fan in the world, but I agree with this article 100%. I also get hung up on what will happen the next couple of years too much.

What the hell is there not to like about Brad?  I can't think of another beat reporter I'd rather have on UND hockey.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Ha... You're joking right? At least you're not making Parody accounts on twitter and stalking his every move like a few other hockey fans from the NCHC.

11 minutes ago, Goon said:

Ha... You're joking right? At least you're not making Parody accounts on twitter and stalking his every move like a few other hockey fans from the NCHC.

No, stalking is technically a crime. I would never go that far.

I have nothing personal against Schlossman; I just think there are better writers in the world of sports journalism.

25 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

No, stalking is technically a crime. I would never go that far.

I have nothing personal against Schlossman; I just think there are better writers in the world of sports journalism.

What about in the college hockey world? Curious, which beat writer you prefer over Schloss?

Not saying he's necessarily the greatest writer ever but wondering who you'd like more and why.