SiouxSports.com Forum

Counterfeit Sioux jerseys and pucks on ebay

Frozen4sioux

On 12/2/2016 at 1:02 PM, siouxkid12 said:

you are correct, they did have a replica, which was closer to the real thing than the k1 brand. they pop up on eBay from time to time.

I've picked up a couple of them myself. I've also got a Schneider practice jersey my wife swiped from his roommate before she broke up with him. It's the Nike white dazzle style. Beautiful jersey.

27 minutes ago, MoreSiouxForYou said:

i have to ask how you scored the seats?

On 10/6/2016 at 6:21 PM, fightingsioux08 said:

To be honest, I just got lucky. My friends mom found them in a rummage sale in forks. He told her they were ordered when it was built and it was where handicap spots had to go so they were never installed (they don't have any seat numbers on them)

15 hours ago, snova4 said:

I've picked up a couple of them myself. I've also got a Schneider practice jersey my wife swiped from his roommate before she broke up with him. It's the Nike white dazzle style. Beautiful jersey.

I have Schneider's game worn jersey. 

HELP Needed!

So, two weeks ago, my wife and I had someone break into our detached garage. Unfortunately, I still had a couple boxes that were still in the garage from the move, containing sports memorabilia and other collectibles. (Stupid move, I know.)

Among other things: They snagged a Fighting Sioux Flag and two authentic Fighting Sioux jerseys - one being a game-worn David Hoogsteen (loved that jersey). Obviously the game-worn jersey is not replaceable, but I want to try to get something to replace the voids. I am not too worried about the version of Fighting Sioux jersey, mainly just concerned with getting a quality replacement. 

This topic obviously captured my attention from all of the garbage/sketchy "replicas" that are floating around on EBay, Amazon, and other sites. Anyone know of a good source to purchase a good replacement Fighting Sioux jersey or two?

Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, FSioux87 said:

HELP Needed!

So, two weeks ago, my wife and I had someone break into our detached garage. Unfortunately, I still had a couple boxes that were still in the garage from the move, containing sports memorabilia and other collectibles. (Stupid move, I know.)

Among other things: They snagged a Fighting Sioux Flag and two authentic Fighting Sioux jerseys - one being a game-worn David Hoogsteen (loved that jersey). Obviously the game-worn jersey is not replaceable, but I want to try to get something to replace the voids. I am not too worried about the version of Fighting Sioux jersey, mainly just concerned with getting a quality replacement. 

This topic obviously captured my attention from all of the garbage/sketchy "replicas" that are floating around on EBay, Amazon, and other sites. Anyone know of a good source to purchase a good replacement Fighting Sioux jersey or two?

Thank you in advance!

Sorry to hear about this. If I was you, I would set up a google alert for anyone selling a Hoogsteen jersey. Shouldn't be too many hits on that. If you're lucky, you'll find a craigslist post for it and be able to track down this motherf...not nice person.

I can't speak to what the GFPD does (or wherever you might find the jersey) but many departments nowadays will help you out in confronting the individual and recovering your property.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Brucesky02 said:

Sorry to hear about this. If I was you, I would set up a google alert for anyone selling a Hoogsteen jersey. Shouldn't be too many hits on that. If you're lucky, you'll find a craigslist post for it and be able to track down this motherf...not nice person.

I can't speak to what the GFPD does (or wherever you might find the jersey) but many departments nowadays will help you out in confronting the individual and recovering your property.

Great call on the Google Alert! 

I actually live in Saint Paul now, and the police didn't were not optimistic about finding the person or items. I wasn't that surprised to hear that. Basically I was told to monitor Craigslist and other similar sites. 

10 minutes ago, FSioux87 said:

Great call on the Google Alert! 

I actually live in Saint Paul now, and the police didn't were not optimistic about finding the person or items. I wasn't that surprised to hear that. Basically I was told to monitor Craigslist and other similar sites. 

I lived on the east side for a few years - I love Saint Paul, but I never left anything of any value anywhere that wasn't locked :/

My wife won Rylan Schwartz' white CC home jersey last year. CC does a raffle at every home game, raffling off both authentic game worn jerseys as well as sticks. I mention this because someone here mentioned that UND (and probably other schools too) will auction off authentic equipment knowing how much $ can be made. 

11 hours ago, FSioux87 said:

HELP Needed!

Thank you in advance!

Where you located? I collect game worn Sioux jerseys, so I will keep an eye out if I see one come up. What year was the hoogsteen? 

On 12/14/2016 at 10:47 AM, FSioux87 said:

HELP Needed!

Thank you in advance!

Similar problem here in GF, I had my unattached garage broke into on January 1st. Burglar/s literally kicked in a metal walk in door. Police said they likely won't find anything unless stumble onto something. Talked to neighbors, 2 others within 1 block radius also had garage break ins, replaced door, been just about a year, I'm over it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2016 at 10:24 PM, siouxkid12 said:

Where you located? I collect game worn Sioux jerseys, so I will keep an eye out if I see one come up. What year was the hoogsteen? 

I'm near Como Park in Saint Paul. The Hoogsteen had to be 98-99 season. Black Jersey. 

Thank you!

Saw some horrible knockoff jerseys this weekend at Omaha. Two guys who were friends had a Parise and Toews one. The Parise name and numbers were like an eagles green. The Toews one had lime green interlocking NDs and one of them was down on backwards so the diagonal Sioux went right to left. Just horrendous fakes

9 hours ago, southpaw said:

Saw some horrible knockoff jerseys this weekend at Omaha. Two guys who were friends had a Parise and Toews one. The Parise name and numbers were like an eagles green. The Toews one had lime green interlocking NDs and one of them was down on backwards so the diagonal Sioux went right to left. Just horrendous fakes

Watching from home, every time they showed the Omaha bench and Dean Blais, every single jersey behind them was a fake....frustrating!

12 hours ago, southpaw said:

2 hours ago, UNDSioux23 said:

Watching from home, every time they showed the Omaha bench and Dean Blais, every single jersey behind them was a fake....frustrating!

I'm gonna rewind the DVR but I swear some of those were Koronis replicas, which, when held up to a "real" replica, look pretty brutal too.

2 hours ago, UNDSioux23 said:

And if we have Sioux fans that live in Omaha and they have seat tickets sitting behind Blais, that's great. That's terrific!!! That says a lot about our fan base to get those tickets and be in them with Sioux gear. After all that is said, and how great that is, maybe one can shoot some arrows at those Sioux fans for how weak their jerseys look????  I don't think that arrow is worth shooting?  I'd be asking, do they reallly have season tickets, how impressive???

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if any of the Sioux Nike Jerseys were ever counterfeited?  Looking at this jersey on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/North-Dakota-Fighting-Sioux-Nike-Replica-Hockey-Jersey-Size-Large-Black-UNH-WCHA-/112294286346?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=eaSWtQ7ld6nHyRCBXbNGLuXXZPE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The only thing that stands out to me is the "ND" on the sleeves are not up on the shoulders, but further down on the sleeve.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, AndRock238 said:

Does anyone know if any of the Sioux Nike Jerseys were ever counterfeited?  Looking at this jersey on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/North-Dakota-Fighting-Sioux-Nike-Replica-Hockey-Jersey-Size-Large-Black-UNH-WCHA-/112294286346?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=eaSWtQ7ld6nHyRCBXbNGLuXXZPE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The only thing that stands out to me is the "ND" on the sleeves are not up on the shoulders, but further down on the sleeve.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

First clue:  Country of the seller.  When it says "SE Asia" or "Korea," it's a good bet it's a fake.