SiouxSports.com Forum

Predict the New Nickname

GeauxSioux

Another I could live with Prairie Ducks - we are world famous for the Prairie Pot hole Region & production of ducks

And steal the old Oregon logo that looks like Donald........I like it............no I don't.

I will personally trade some originality if I can get a clean, sharp, awesome logo out of it.

I agree with this, that logo is a big part of this. Big reason why we all loved the Fighting Sioux name was the awesome logo we had. A nickname means little without a sweet logo to put on merchandise. For that reason I think i am also on the Roughriders bandwagon. A quick google search shows some pretty cool ways you could go with that logo.

My favorite being this one, used by Cedar Rapids USHL team. 

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/02/26/u-s-historical-figures-on-sports-logos/cedar-rapids-roughriders-teddy-roosevelt/

If UND ends up being the Roughriders with a logo somewhere along those lines I'll be extremely happy with that. Roll Riders!!! 

If it is the RoughRiders, then please don't go with a cartoonish looking logo.  So many sports teams have cartoonish looking logos.  Contrast that with the most recent Indian head logo........

Let's make sure it's classy and impressive.

I agree with this, that logo is a big part of this. Big reason why we all loved the Fighting Sioux name was the awesome logo we had. A nickname means little without a sweet logo to put on merchandise. For that reason I think i am also on the Roughriders bandwagon. A quick google search shows some pretty cool ways you could go with that logo.

My favorite being this one, used by Cedar Rapids USHL team. 

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/02/26/u-s-historical-figures-on-sports-logos/cedar-rapids-roughriders-teddy-roosevelt/

If UND ends up being the Roughriders with a logo somewhere along those lines I'll be extremely happy with that. Roll Riders!!! 

That's acutally probably as close as you could get to the Sioux logo with a mustachio'ed New Yorker