SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-16 Looking Ahead

niouxsiouxfan

How about this as a hint...it's not Coleman. At least according to UND-FB's original post. No idea how accurate his initial info was tho.

How about this as a hint...it's not Coleman. At least according to UND-FB's original post. No idea how accurate his initial info was tho.

Not Coleman?  Wonder who the second player is.

If  2 transfer juniors are leaving and we would be adding 2 players, you almost wouldn't want 2 kids right out of high school because we would almost have to many kids in the same class.    Makes me think they might look at Juco player again and hope it works out.  It is always better to have a team a little more represented by all 4 age  classes.

If it does turn out that Tyler and DeRouen aren't returning, that would mean UND will be losing its second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth leading scorers from this past season. That's roughly 60% of the scoring. By comparison, roughly 65% of the scoring was lost after the 2013-14 season.

If it does turn out that Tyler and DeRouen aren't returning, that would mean UND will be losing its second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth leading scorers from this past season. That's roughly 60% of the scoring. By comparison, roughly 65% of the scoring was lost after the 2013-14 season.

Nash, Antwi, Tyler, DeRouen, and who else?

...and this is a bad thing?  Did you watch the team play last year?  Good riddance.  

MoSiouxFan, on 24 Mar 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:MoSiouxFan, on 24 Mar 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:MoSiouxFan, on 24 Mar 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

Nash, Antwi, Tyler, DeRouen, and who else?

PPG 2014-2015 OOC/Conference Only

Hooker - 12.8 / 14.6

Nash - 12.4 / 13.0

Tyler - 11.010.9

de Rouen - 8.8 / 9.0

Antwi - 6.8 / 6.4

Shanks - 6.3 / 6.8

Coleman - 4.3 / 3.7

Calcaterra - 3.3 / 1.0

Hobaugh - 2.9 / 2.8

Cashman - 2.6 / 3.5

...and this is a bad thing?  Did you watch the team play last year?  Good riddance.  

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing. It's more to point out the obvious--that relying on transfers to that degree was an epic fail when you lose big AND you have to replace them after a year anyway. We're now potentially back in a similar situation as it was heading into last year--one proven scorer and a bunch of question marks.

Lost Huff,Anderson,Traylor, Webb, Schuler and Stefan from 13/14 for 54ppg out of 74 ppg for a loss of 73% of scoring

I think he was just pointing out how difficult next season could be.

I would agree. If true, I think losing Tyler really hurts. He was a very capable scorer and when he got hot he was extremely effective. We will need Shanks, Cashman, and Sheilds to really develop. Also will mean we need Crandall to be as good as advertised and probably be a double digit scorer as a freshman. 

I will say that DeRouren is a very talented player, but makes very poor decisions. He plays good defense, but he is way to over aggressive and ends up getting into foul trouble to much. On offense he takes way to many 3 pointers for someone who doesn't shoot them all that well. 

Truth is both would be contributors on next years team so losing them does hurt the team imo.

So if we were bringing back all our starters from last year, would everyone be happy?!!  Did we all foget how last years team did?  In an attept to be a glass is half full guy in this situation, I think this is actualy good for the team.  Tyler was good, sure.  And DeRouen played with some great intensity and husstle, but losing them isn't the end of the world.  Giving new guys a chance to step up and fill some roles can be a good thing.  Last years team was bad.  Pretty easy to see that.  Replacing some of those players with new, and hopefully better, guys is something that we all can look forward to.

Lost Huff,Anderson,Traylor, Webb, Schuler and Stefan from 13/14 for 54ppg out of 74 ppg for a loss of 73% of scoring

I will grant you that I didn't take Stefan into account. However, you have to use total points scored rather than ppg for the calculations to be truly accurate. UND scored a total of 2526 points in 2013-14, and collectively Huff, Anderson, Webb, Traylor, Schuler and Stefan scored 1757 of those. 1757 is 69.5% of 2526. 

Let's be honest about it, the last half of the year DeRouen played terrible. He was constantly in foul trouble, made bad decisions, turned it over, and couldn't shoot worth a lick. Tyler wasn't much better. When he got in a groove he could hit some shots but he missed way too many when we needed him, also made bad choices and had way to many turnovers. With Hooker and the new players we will be better and maybe a lot better.

Let's be honest about it, the last half of the year DeRouen played terrible. He was constantly in foul trouble, made bad decisions, turned it over, and couldn't shoot worth a lick. Tyler wasn't much better. When he got in a groove he could hit some shots but he missed way too many when we needed him, also made bad choices and had way to many turnovers. With Hooker and the new players we will be better and maybe a lot better.

YES!  very sloppy with the ball at times...was hoping it was rust from sitting a year and was looking forward to seeing him play off the bench next year but whatever....terrell---could care less...consensus was he has bball potential but by this time in your life you gotta look in the mirror.

The De Rouen loss isn't that big on its own. Its just becomes a little bit bigger since Tyler is gone. I agree Seales and Geno are upgrades. But now look at what we have. Hooker, Geno, Seales and Benton for guards. That's it...and we will fill 1 with a transfer more than likely, with out of the last 9 transfers we have gotten, only 2.. 2! Have been deemed a success.

Can Adam play any 2? Hobaugh? Coleman?

The De Rouen loss isn't that big on its own. Its just becomes a little bit bigger since Tyler is gone. I agree Seales and Geno are upgrades. But now look at what we have. Hooker, Geno, Seales and Benton for guards. That's it...and we will fill 1 with a transfer more than likely, with out of the last 9 transfers we have gotten, only 2.. 2! Have been deemed a success.

Can Adam play any 2? Hobaugh? Coleman?

Excellent point.  Before the potential loss of Tyler and DeReon and even heard whispers that Coleman may be gone we at least had depth at the guard position and experience where the new guys could be rotated in and slowly gain experience and by mid season possibly overtake the majority of the minutes.  We all know that the Big Sky is a guard dominant conference and if these guys are indeed leaving we have no depth and very little experience at the guard position.  Until these new guys play and show us what they can do at the D1 level we will be very young and very inexperienced heading into next season. Shanks was suppose to be a savior at the post position in his first year and I was not impressed very much so until I see Crandall and Shields and others play I will no longer believe in the hype.   I don't see this as a good thing at all.  One injury and then we are in very serious trouble and as we all know this happens to UND every year.