SiouxSports.com Forum

The 2014-2015 NHL Non-Penguins Non-Bruins Thread

MafiaMan

So in the East we're down to nine for eight slots. OK, really five for four slots as MON, TB, NYR, and WAS are locks; but, NYI is fairly safe as they'd have to lose out and have OTT win out to pass them. 

The music is going to stop and someone out of !@$, %$#, DET, and OTT isn't going to have a chair. I want to say OTT is in the tough place (93 points v. 95 for rest) but the way $#@ has been stumbling down the stretch the %#$ just might get Hamburgled. %$#@OTT tonight is probably a tipping point for the #%. 

Part of me also wonders if the season ending OTT@PHI game decides if it's OTT or %$# if the PHI goalie might not "Ole!" a couple for OTT just to stick it to the %$#. :D

Out west looks very similar: four locks (STL, NAS, CHI, ANA) and VAN is fairly safe unless they lose out. The music is playing for MIN, WPG, CGY, and LAK. The LAK are in the tough spot because they have too many "magic points" (extra OT tie point) and not enough Ws.

I'm thinking the LAK@CGY game Thursday decides who goes golfing. 

The offense let a pretty damn good performance by Dubs down last night. The effort was there but the execution wasn't. Boys are gripping their sticks way to tight and maybe getting away from the X will help from here on out. If they somehow choke these last 3 games and miss the playoffs nobody will care about that run they had for 10 weeks. It will be all for not.

The Wild haven't had the desperation they had for all that time, and some of the teams they have played have had just as much desperation.  In the playoffs, everybody takes it up a notch, so we'll see if the Wild can still show signs of being a contender when the playoffs roll around.  

Here is how the Wild Miss:

Wild lose all 3 (stay at 96)

Jets, Flames and Kings all go 2-1

Flames beat Yotes, Kings, but lose to Jets  97

Jets lose to Blues, but beat Avs and Flames 98

Kings beat Oilers, lose to Flames, but beat Sharks 97

That's just one reasonable way it could happen

• Upvote 1

Here is how the Wild Miss:

Wild lose all 3 (stay at 96)

Jets, Flames and Kings all go 2-1

Flames beat Yotes, Kings, but lose to Jets  97

Jets lose to Blues, but beat Avs and Flames 98

Kings beat Oilers, lose to Flames, but beat Sharks 97

That's just one reasonable way it could happen

If the WIld were to lose their last 6 games, I wouldn't want to see them in the playoffs!

The music is going to stop and someone out of !@#, %$#, DET, and OTT isn't going to have a chair. I want to say OTT is in the tough place (93 points v. 95 for rest) but the way %$# has been stumbling down the stretch the %$# just might get Hamburgled. ^$%@OTT tonight is probably a tipping point for the Pens.

Part of me also wonders if the season ending OTT@PHI game decides if it's OTT or #$% if the PHI goalie might not "Ole!" a couple for OTT just to stick it to the &^%. :D

Un, moderators, where are you guys? I see a couple of teams who are not to be mentioned in this thread being mentioned in this thread!

Just for fun, here is how the standings would look if the shootout didn't exist and overtime losses were counted for what they are, losses and 0 points.

1. Anaheim 42-25-13 97

2. Nashville 41-26-12 94

3. St. Louis 40-27-13 93

4. Chicago 39-29-12 90

5. Minnesota 41-32-7 89

6. Vancouver 40-32-8 88

7. Calgary 39-33-7 85

8. LA 37-32-10 84

9. Winnipeg 35-33-12 82

10. San Jose 35-35-10 80

11. Dallas 35-38-7 77

1. Rangers 48-23-9 105

2. Tampa Bay 46-27-7 99

3. Montreal 42-27-11 95

4. Islanders 39-29-12 90

5. Detroit 38-28-14 90

6. Washington 39-32-9 87

7. Boston 37-29-13 87

8. Pittsburgh 38-32-10 86

9. Ottawa 35-32-13 83

• Upvote 1

Good work, jimdahl. How about the ban-hammer for this troll?

As you know, I like to consider the offending post vs the posters' entire body of work (much as you might look at the entire waddle or flock instead of an individual penguin). Visitors who post only to aggravate are trolls, but a similar post by someone who regularly contributes could be ok. If someone is just here to aggravate, we'll take care of them (just like an Albertan hunter would take care of a bruin).

• Upvote 1

As you know, I like to consider the offending post vs the posters' body of work (much as you might look at the entire waddle or flock instead of an individual funny looking black and white Arctic creature). Visitors who post only to aggravate are trolls, but a similar post by someone who regularly contributes could be ok. If someone is just here to aggravate, we'll take care of them (just like Chet Ripley would take care of a large brown animal with big teeth in his vacation cabin).

Edited your post to conform to thread regulations..

Zucker is the closest guy the Wild have that puts out an effort like Parise. Damn is it nice having him back. Schroeder needs to stay in the lineup. His speed really showed tonight and for a little guy he throws his body around. Suter had his best game in 2 weeks. Now the boys can relax a bit and just go out and play their game. Playoffs bitches YES!!!!!!!!!

As you know, I like to consider the offending post vs the posters' entire body of work (much as you might look at the entire waddle or flock instead of an individual penguin). Visitors who post only to aggravate are trolls, but a similar post by someone who regularly contributes could be ok. If someone is just here to aggravate, we'll take care of them (just like an Albertan hunter would take care of a bruin).

Touche' Jim Dahl.  I don't know why Mafia gets so uptight over bears. :)

Wild beat Nashville 4-2 last night without Dubnyk, Parise, Nino, and Vanek. Would be big for the Wild to win and Chicago lose on Saturday as they would move up to the 3 seed and face Nashville in the 1st round.

This would be the scenario I'd like to see but really I don't care who they play.

The Minnesota Wild will face the St. Louis Blues in the First Round of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs, beginning Thursday, April 16 at 8:30 p.m. (CT) at Scottrade Center in St. Louis. The Wild will host Game 3 on Monday, April 20, at 7 p.m. (CT) and Game 4 on Wednesday, April 22, at 8:30 p.m. (CT). Minnesota will also host Game 6, if necessary, on Sunday, April 26. Time for that game is TBA.

The Minnesota Wild will face the St. Louis Blues in the First Round of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs, beginning Thursday, April 16 at 8:30 p.m. (CT) at Scottrade Center in St. Louis. The Wild will host Game 3 on Monday, April 20, at 7 p.m. (CT) and Game 4 on Wednesday, April 22, at 8:30 p.m. (CT). Minnesota will also host Game 6, if necessary, on Sunday, April 26. Time for that game is TBA.

Need it to get to game 6 so I can get down to the X that Sunday to watch.