Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fetch

Twins ?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So the white flag goes up with Gibby.....

I will never understand Littell and Stashak in those situations.  

It’s not like there’s a bunch of postseason experience on this roster but man, I’m with you. Do you really want to throw those two guys into the bright lights in a tie and one run ballgame respectively?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HockeyFan31 said:

It’s not like there’s a bunch of postseason experience on this roster but man, I’m with you. Do you really want to throw those two guys into the bright lights in a tie and one run ballgame respectively?

5th-6th:  Duffy

7th: May

8th: Romo

9th: Rodgers

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please do not have Gibson on this roster next year. That is all.

-Twins fan (s)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Why Graterol now?  So they can see him????

:glare:

Exactly, why not save him for a big strikeout spot? This bullpen rotation has been baffling tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jodcon said:

Please do not have Gibson on this roster next year. That is all.

-Twins fan (s)

I can't imagine him being a Twin next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I can't imagine him being a Twin next year. 

He’s gone. Probably the last time we will see him in a Twins uniform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Rocco managed like a rookie manager in a big moment. Hopefully he learns from it 

Nowhere to hide from some of the decisions he made tonight.  The postseason has a way of separating the men from the boys.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decision time Rocco:

-Who starts tomorrow?  (I go Dobnak)

-Who catches? ( I stick with Garver)

-Does Cron play? (Nope)

-Does Arraez start? (He is hurting but with Tanaka on the hill I'll say yes)

He can't make worse pitching decisions after tonight.  That was the low.  Unless Stewart somehow finds a way into the series and pitches....impossible right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Twins have now lost 14 straight postseason games, the Yankees are responsible for 11 of those. At this point it'd be nice to just win a game to break this unbelievably bad streak.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

The Twins have now lost 14 straight postseason games, the Yankees are responsible for 11 of those. At this point it'd be nice to just win a game to break this unbelievably bad streak.

This....^^^

At what point does the blind squirrel scenario come into play for at least a game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This....^^^

At what point does the blind squirrel scenario come into play for at least a game?

You'd think that the pendulum would have to swing the other way eventually, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This....^^^

At what point does the blind squirrel scenario come into play for at least a game?

 

Just now, UNDMOORHEAD said:

You'd think that the pendulum would have to swing the other way eventually, right?

The squirrel has to be in the same park as the nut.  Gardy, Molitor, and now Rocco.....not that we are more talented than the Yankees, but the squirrel needs to be put in the right situations to find the nut.

Wait, did I just post about a blind squirrel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does 14 straight post season losses mean the squirrel got run over crossing a street and is dead? 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

5th-6th:  Duffy

7th: May

8th: Romo

9th: Rodgers

 

Exactly and if he didn't want to have guys throw more than 1 inning then you let Berrios go back out there to start the 5th. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jodcon said:

Exactly, why not save him for a big strikeout spot? This bullpen rotation has been baffling tonight. 

I know the game was out of hand but hopefully his performance earned a little more trust for him from Rocco. I definitely would have had him coming in before Stashak last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

5th-6th:  Duffy

7th: May

8th: Romo

9th: Rodgers

 

What baffles me is that this seems so obvious.  I can’t imagine any twins fan couldn’t see that outcome coming.  Littell, Stashak, and Gibson are so clearly the inning eaters if things have gone to crap.  Things hadn’t gone to crap.

Berries wasn’t great, but easily could have given up no runs with a little defensive help.  Arreaz catches that blooper to lead off the 3rd.... Why not have Berrios start the 5th after having a great 4th?  If he gets in trouble Duffy comes in.  The game was a toss-up at that point.

And why not have Gibson pitch the 8th?  The game was out of reach.  Have him take that inning instead of blowing another arm.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I question the bullpen moves, but getting these guys in early in the series may have been the plan to help them not crap their pants later. It’s just tough with only a 5 game series. It’s the only way I can rationalize some of Rocco’s odd choices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walsh Hall said:

What baffles me is that this seems so obvious.  I can’t imagine any twins fan couldn’t see that outcome coming.  Littell, Stashak, and Gibson are so clearly the inning eaters if things have gone to crap.  Things hadn’t gone to crap.

Berries wasn’t great, but easily could have given up no runs with a little defensive help.  Arreaz catches that blooper to lead off the 3rd.... Why not have Berrios start the 5th after having a great 4th?  If he gets in trouble Duffy comes in.  The game was a toss-up at that point.

And why not have Gibson pitch the 8th?  The game was out of reach.  Have him take that inning instead of blowing another arm.

 

Yuuuuup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...