Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I just will never understand having a hard throwing righty on the mound facing a righty who isnt a world beater with your first baseman holding the runner on and you have your second baseman in pull shift.....

Twins are in a hitting slump the past few games, probably a bigger problem at the moment.  

I'm with you. What are the odds he's going to pull a 100mph fastball to the left side? That Wade dive created the second run for Cleveland, but with the offense the Twins have had this year scoring three runs shouldn't be that hard. (with the exception of the last three games)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

North Dakota born and raised.  Lived in mainly western ND other than college in Grand Forks and some teaching near Fargo.   My dad had me on his lap watching the 87 World series (I was 4).  Don't

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I'm with you. What are the odds he's going to pull a 100mph fastball to the left side? That Wade dive created the second run for Cleveland, but with the offense the Twins have had this year scoring three runs shouldn't be that hard. (with the exception of the last three games)

I take losses way too seriously when I know for a fact the Twins play 162 and will likely lose at the very least 65 each year.  These ones just stick.....like the Oakland one, the Yankees one, the Marlins debacle.....and the Cleveland one where our third base coach should have lost his base coaching license.

Could be looking at getting swept if they don't win tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I would be interested in hearing your connection with Twins baseball- especially from Wilbur.

 I grew up in a small town in eastern North Dakota. My mom was a big Yankees fan so I was also. Over the years I became less of a Yankees fan because they always bought the best players.

 I have turned into a 100% twins fan over the years. Watching both World Series with my my homer hankies.

 I see the Indians have scored a few more tonight. Go twins

North Dakota born and raised.  Lived in mainly western ND other than college in Grand Forks and some teaching near Fargo.  

My dad had me on his lap watching the 87 World series (I was 4).  Don't remember much, but do recall it meaning a lot to my dad, didn't know why at the time.  Now know why more than ever.  

Fast forward to 91.  I watched every pitch of the World Series and will never forget the feeling of Kirby's game 6 shot, or the elation of Gene Larkin getting the job done in the 10th after Jack Morris pitched the most clutch game 7 you will ever see.  You could say it was my Christening as a die hard sports fan (at 8 years old).  

I don't watch as much as I used too, but technology allows me to know every game/score/matchup in seconds.  

It would mean the world if they could find a way back to the World Series.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay......let's start at the top....

-Pineda out......

-Gibby sucks

-Ode is hit or miss...

-Berrios.....welp.....

-Martin Perez.....killed by the Tigers,  good against Boston.  

Rest of the year looks like four man rotation and a few days of an opener.  I think there are enough quality arms to be able to piece games together.  I'd use Hildenberger as an opener and then go with a guy like Thorpe or Dobnac for change of pace.  

Good the lead is 5 and a half.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Pineda got dinged for 60 games for being dumb.

You cannot make this up

Pro sports are always going to be hugely popular, but I wish more people would support college athletics instead, and maybe then the outrageous salaries these guys get will take a downturn.  Between this and the Antonio Brown saga, I have had enough of these overpaid divas and cheaters!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tnt said:

Pro sports are always going to be hugely popular, but I wish more people would support college athletics instead, and maybe then the outrageous salaries these guys get will take a downturn.  Between this and the Antonio Brown saga, I have had enough of these overpaid divas and cheaters!

At least with Pineda, it appears that there wasn't any malicious intent (thus why he didn't get 80), but he doesn't bother to take the time to talk to Twins and say: "hey, can I take this?"

Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize some of the entitled attitude is fostered in college, and in some cases the supplements encouraged,  hhhNDSUhh, but I wish more teams would just agree those guys aren’t worth dealing with, but it seems most fans will excuse any behavior if they are playing for their team.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm Rocco I go to Duffy one batter earlier.  Two walks by Ode, he is leaving the ball up and Puig just all over that elevated fast ball.

Twins in one of those terrible hitting streaks that you have to be overly careful and try to keep the league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Garver baby 

I used to manage high school ball and I would have absolutely lost it on Laz for that entire sequence.......thrown bases, etc.....calling a TO while the ball is outside the skin????  Are you bleeping kidding me???

Huge credit to Rocco for not getting tossed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I used to manage high school ball and I would have absolutely lost it on Laz for that entire sequence.......thrown bases, etc.....calling a TO while the ball is outside the skin????  Are you bleeping kidding me???

Huge credit to Rocco for not getting tossed. 

That one combined with the strike 3 call to Cron that wasn't close and Rocco should've lost it. I'd like to see him show some emotion just once. Cruz stepped up on the strike 3 call though and ended up getting tossed evidently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

That one combined with the strike 3 call to Cron that wasn't close and Rocco should've lost it. I'd like to see him show some emotion just once. Cruz stepped up on the strike 3 call though and ended up getting tossed evidently.

If I hadn't gotten tossed for that one, the missed balk would have done it.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a bullpen game tomorrow.....day off Monday.

Won't guess what it's going to look like until Cleveland posts their lineup tomorrow before game time.

Available lefties:  Thorpe, Rodgers, Smeltzer.

Available righties:  Dobnack, Duffy, Graterol, May, Stashak, Littell.

If it hits the fan:  Hildy, Harper, Romero, Stewart.

Guessing Dyson and Romo are for sure no goes.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Knew today would be tough.  Not much you can do when the injuries start to pile on.  We have our AAA pitchers going against Clevinger and that lineup.....yeah......

Lose a game, but Cleveland only gained one game in three days trying to make up ground.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Knew today would be tough.  Not much you can do when the injuries start to pile on.  We have our AAA pitchers going against Clevinger and that lineup.....yeah......

Lose a game, but Cleveland only gained one game in three days trying to make up ground.  

 

https://www.mlb.com/twins/news/byron-buxton-twins-unsure-if-he-ll-hit-again-in-2019

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

This needs to be the week of Berrios

Find that first half form against the Nats and Indians. 

He needs to buckle up his chin strap and regain form, like you said.  

The team needs quality starts, or hey, how about a CG????  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...