SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Great win for Twinkies last night!

I was eying another game this month, but the one that works is against the Yankees.  Seats I paid $73, including all fees, for to see them beat the Cubs, are right around $100 for that game once you get the fees ($88 face price).  I think I'm going to skip it... 

I've found that I typically end up walking/standing around and watching from the concourse anyways, so now I just get the cheapest available.  I'll be hitting up a game or 2 against the Mariners the following week.

I've found that I typically end up walking/standing around and watching from the concourse anyways, so now I just get the cheapest available.  I'll be hitting up a game or 2 against the Mariners the following week.

That's about as opposite as can be from me - I'll be in my seat before the first pitch, and may not leave it until the game is over.  Maybe once for the restroom and a beverage, but that'd be it.  So much for you and I taking in a game together, LOL!

• Upvote 1

Congrats Sano

His build reminds me of Kirby

The hyperbole never stops...the other night, Mark Rosen referred to Sano as "potential future Hall of Famer Miguel Sano..." I just about died laughing at Rosie's MLB scouting ability based on a player's first game in the big leagues.

The hyperbole never stops...the other night, Mark Rosen referred to Sano as "potential future Hall of Famer Miguel Sano..." I just about died laughing at Rosie's MLB scouting ability based on a player's first game in the big leagues.

Minnesota is starved for a power hitting big man but that is way over the top. Not surprising from Rosen though.

Will Berrios crack the rotation this year?

I could see him getting a start in September if the Twins have already been eliminated from playoff contention or maybe coming up if the Twins have a couple starters go on the DL during the 2nd half of the season.

The extension the Twins gave Dozier is looking better every day. He keeps up these numbers for a couple years and I can about imagine what he would be demanding.

It was an extension in name only, he was under the Twins control through 2018 with or without the extension, he just doesn't have to go to arbitration now.  Not like they were going to be bidding against anyone.  Its absolutely mind-blowing the Twins didn't include at least one or two years of team option beyond his arbitration years which is almost always the trade-off for giving a player the guaranteed money through their arbitration years.  Hell of a deal for Dozier.  All the Twins got out of it was knowing exactly what they will be paying him through 2018, nothing more, nothing less.

• Upvote 1

Well, when you have potential future Hall of Famer Miguel Sano on your team, anything is possible...

Potential? He's about 2 seconds from replacing Mauer on all the Twins PR propaganda already, of course Dozier is making a strong bid too.  :lol:

It was an extension in name only, he was under the Twins control through 2018 with or without the extension, he just doesn't have to go to arbitration now. Not like they were going to be bidding against anyone. Its absolutely mind-blowing the Twins didn't include at least one or two years of team option beyond his arbitration years which is almost always the trade-off for giving a player the guaranteed money through their arbitration years. Hell of a deal for Dozier. All the Twins got out of it was knowing exactly what they will be paying him through 2018, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not all that familiar with how arbitration and all that stuff works. Just assumed the Twins may have did themselves good by extending him without a huge pay raise if he continues smashing the ball. Just glad he is a Twin. Old school type player that just loves to play the game. Oh and have walk off homers. ?