SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Friday night was definitely more enjoyable than Saturday afternoon for us.  Some very obnoxious Cubs fans afterward in downtown.  I finally turned to one guy and said, "Funny, but I don't remember hearing you last night?".  After that, we had a pretty good time stimulating the Msp economy...

Considering all the failures they have witnessed over the years, they shouldn't talk too much.

Twins manage to take 2 of 3 from the god awful White Sox.  How people though they could compete for a wild card spot is beyond me.  Buxton strikes out 4 times ???

Tonkin was send down, could Meyer finally get called up to help out the pen?

Meyer did get the call and is up for tonight's game. Buxton also was placed on the DL with a left thumb injury and Danny Santana was called back up for tonight. 

Disagree with the decision of sending May to bullpen. Good to see Sano hit right out of the gate. Big game tomorrow, would be huge to get 3 of 4 from KC in KC

May got the win in relief tonight. With that said I agree. Pelfrey needs to go to the pen.

Pelfreys last 5 starts.

24.1 innings

23 runs allowed

11 K's

13 walks

.387 AVG

.450 OBP

.538 SLG

4th has passed and still in the playoff hunt, upgrading to August 1 now...can these guys hang around another month? Santana looking sharp is a plus, need to squeeze out a few more hits and maybe these guys can stay in it. Miggy going down won't hurt.

Off subject but kind of fits here:

Pittsburgh has 48 wins: third most in MLB, second most in the NL, second best winning percentage in MLB ... but only good for second in the NL Central  :0

Holy smokes are the Cardinals tearing it up. 

Off subject but kind of fits here:

Pittsburgh has 48 wins: third most in MLB, second most in the NL, second best winning percentage in MLB ... but only good for second in the NL Central  :0

Holy smokes are the Cardinals tearing it up. 

Everyone said the Cardinals were done when Wainwright got hurt and was out for the rest of the year.

Has anyone else bothered to vote for the all star team?  Worse set-up than the UND nickname vote/submission site.  It actually encourages you to sit there and submit the same person over and over again.  Just submitted Dozier 15 times in one minute.

Has anyone else bothered to vote for the all star team?  Worse set-up than the UND nickname vote/submission site.  It actually encourages you to sit there and submit the same person over and over again.  Just submitted Dozier 15 times in one minute.

I did the same thing.

I did the same thing voted over and over for about 5 minutes and I was waiting for the thing to tell me you reached your vote limit for today or something like that but it never did.

I did the same thing voted over and over for about 5 minutes and I was waiting for the thing to tell me you reached your vote limit for today or something like that but it never did.

I started that way, but since then I've just kept the screen open in my browser, and every time I go to internet, I vote 5 times before going to my intended place.  No idea how many hundreds of votes I've cast today.

I started that way, but since then I've just kept the screen open in my browser, and every time I go to internet, I vote 5 times before going to my intended place.  No idea how many hundreds of votes I've cast today.

Is there a way to see the updated vote total?

Great win for Twinkies last night!

I was eying another game this month, but the one that works is against the Yankees.  Seats I paid $73, including all fees, for to see them beat the Cubs, are right around $100 for that game once you get the fees ($88 face price).  I think I'm going to skip it...