SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fetch

Twins ?

Are we sure Mauer is done, or just done as a Twins player. He could still be serviceable as a LH bat off the bench and defensive replacement at first. And it's never bad to have an emergency catcher. 

On 10/2/2018 at 5:48 PM, sioux rube said:

I agree but now I’ve heard Cuddyer’s name come up. They have said they aren’t necessarily looking for a manager with experience. Knowing the Twins they will hire a good ol boy 

I think you're underestimating the new front office. Those guys aren't from "within" the organization.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Are we sure Mauer is done, or just done as a Twins player. He could still be serviceable as a LH bat off the bench and defensive replacement at first. And it's never bad to have an emergency catcher. 

I doubt Mauer would go anywhere else but I could be wrong. He would have to take a huge pay cut (dang near veterans minimum) to get with another team. I do not see any other team wasting a spot for a guy who cannot hit for power and hits singles. Mauer has been a great baseball player and I'm sure he will eventually get a call to the HofF but his career is more than likely done.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

I think you're underestimating the new front office. Those guys aren't from "within" the organization.

Hopefully the Pohlad's give them the autonomy to make the decision.  

53 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

I doubt Mauer would go anywhere else but I could be wrong. He would have to take a huge pay cut (dang near veterans minimum) to get with another team. I do not see any other team wasting a spot for a guy who cannot hit for power and hits singles. Mauer has been a great baseball player and I'm sure he will eventually get a call to the HofF but his career is more than likely done.

I give it a 5% chance that Mauer will play again. Just don't see it. If he does happen to play another year it won't be for another team. As far as going to the Hall, it will be close and I doubt he gets in the first year he is eligible.

15 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I give it a 5% chance that Mauer will play again. Just don't see it. If he does happen to play another year it won't be for another team. As far as going to the Hall, it will be close and I doubt he gets in the first year he is eligible.

He’s a lock for the Twins HOF. ;)

• Upvote 1

So Sano got in a little trouble in the Dominican Republic

I swear if it wasn't for the Wolves, the Twins would have the most drama in the Pro Teams in Town.