SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

On 10/2/2018 at 5:48 PM, sioux rube said:

I agree but now I’ve heard Cuddyer’s name come up. They have said they aren’t necessarily looking for a manager with experience. Knowing the Twins they will hire a good ol boy 

I think you're underestimating the new front office. Those guys aren't from "within" the organization.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Are we sure Mauer is done, or just done as a Twins player. He could still be serviceable as a LH bat off the bench and defensive replacement at first. And it's never bad to have an emergency catcher. 

I doubt Mauer would go anywhere else but I could be wrong. He would have to take a huge pay cut (dang near veterans minimum) to get with another team. I do not see any other team wasting a spot for a guy who cannot hit for power and hits singles. Mauer has been a great baseball player and I'm sure he will eventually get a call to the HofF but his career is more than likely done.

53 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

I doubt Mauer would go anywhere else but I could be wrong. He would have to take a huge pay cut (dang near veterans minimum) to get with another team. I do not see any other team wasting a spot for a guy who cannot hit for power and hits singles. Mauer has been a great baseball player and I'm sure he will eventually get a call to the HofF but his career is more than likely done.

I give it a 5% chance that Mauer will play again. Just don't see it. If he does happen to play another year it won't be for another team. As far as going to the Hall, it will be close and I doubt he gets in the first year he is eligible.

15 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I give it a 5% chance that Mauer will play again. Just don't see it. If he does happen to play another year it won't be for another team. As far as going to the Hall, it will be close and I doubt he gets in the first year he is eligible.

He’s a lock for the Twins HOF. ;)

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

To think that 30 years ago, Kirby Puckett became baseball's first $3 million a year player. Now, Manny Machado will get 10 times that for 10 years 

Speaking of $3M, the Twins were the first to draw 3M fans in a season, like a season after one of the World Series wins. Puckett was there.

Just think, right when minnesota sports fans are at there breaking point of midwinter shack nasty crazy, and they have lost nearly all hope for the future as the Wild lazily muster towards the abyss... there appears a break in the fog of mediocrity and the hope that appears is.....

the Minnestoa Twins... who have actually been logically eliminated from playoff contention already. 

...not to worry tho....just a few more months until they can once again pin their hopes upon the vikings superbowl train........wreck.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Just think, right when minnesota sports fans are at there breaking point of midwinter shack nasty crazy, and they have lost nearly all hope for the future as the Wild lazily muster towards the abyss... there appears a break in the fog of mediocrity and the hope that appears is.....

the Minnestoa Twins... who have actually been logically eliminated from playoff contention already. 

...not to worry tho....just a few more months until they can once again pin their hopes upon the vikings superbowl train........wreck.

At least they have the Lynx and Whitecaps to win titles for the state. :D

11 hours ago, sioux rube said:

To think that 30 years ago, Kirby Puckett became baseball's first $3 million a year player. Now, Manny Machado will get 10 times that for 10 years 

To think that Manny M gets all that cash and Kirby is 10 times the player and person he will ever be...if you can't run out a ground ball in the frickin' World Series, then I'll just have to say "pass".

16 hours ago, Blackheart said:

To think that Manny M gets all that cash and Kirby is 10 times the player and person he will ever be...if you can't run out a ground ball in the frickin' World Series, then I'll just have to say "pass".

Im just hoping that this Macho character uses 10 times less telephone cords on his women and also hopefully 10 times less perkins bathroom visits...

Kirby. Was. NOT. a. Good. Person.

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Im just hoping that this Macho character uses 10 times less telephone cords on his women and also hopefully 10 times less perkins bathroom visits...

Kirby. Was. NOT. a. Good. Person.

Alright, bad example....I just can’t stand watching guys getting paid huge bucks that can’t be bothered to hustle.

• Upvote 1

Lineup may not look as bad as I thought.....pitching won't help though....

1. Polanco-SS

2. Schoop-2B

3. Cruz-DH

4. Rosario-RF

5. Sano-3B

6. Kepler-LF

7. Cron-1B

8. Castro/Astudillo-C

9. Buxton-CF

Give it time and Gonzales will be the every day 1st baseman.  I don't think Cron duplicates last year. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...