SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

2 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I hope you're right, beating Cleveland is a tall order. Thankfully the teams behind the Twins are doing their part by losing.

Twins are 5-1 in Cleveland this year, Big Sexy on the mound against the team he started his career with in what might be his final start of his career, bats are red hot.

Anymore signs that I can find?

How on earth are they going to win the playoff in NY?  If they don't have a lead going into the 7th inning it's over with NY's bullpen.  Santana is going to have to pitch the game of his life with some luck because umpires are afraid to call strikes on pitches not offered at by the Yankees. 

Would love it to happen.....just not seeing it.  Good experience for this young group going forward.  

7 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Twins are 5-1 in Cleveland this year, Big Sexy on the mound against the team he started his career with in what might be his final start of his career, bats are red hot.

Anymore signs that I can find?

It'd be nice to clinch tomorrow. Give them a chance to rest anyone that may need it. I'd love to go into NY and beat the Yankees, we owe them.

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

How on earth are they going to win the playoff in NY?  If they don't have a lead going into the 7th inning it's over with NY's bullpen.  Santana is going to have to pitch the game of his life with some luck because umpires are afraid to call strikes on pitches not offered at by the Yankees. 

Would love it to happen.....just not seeing it.  Good experience for this young group going forward.  

Because of who the Yankees will probably start as pitcher.  Gray is a good pitcher, but is he New York Yankee postseason kind of a pitcher?

They have nothing to lose, nobody excepted them to be at this point, so why not now? 

In a 5 game series, I say the odds are not in the favor... in a one-off:  They are capable. 

It will be interesting with both teams able to set their rotations and 25 man roster for just that one game.  They can reset the roster for the ALDS so basically only one starter in the 25 players.  I wonder if they will go with Santana, followed by Berrios for a couple innings, or if they just turn it over to the bullpen.