SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Tough not to be impressed with how this team keeps finding ways to win road games. 23-9 so far. They won just 29 road games all of last year. Really looking forward to watching a duel between Sale and Berrios tomorrow night. For whatever reason, Sale doesn't seem to dominate the Twins as much as he does most teams. Hope to see that continue tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Tough not to be impressed with how this team keeps finding ways to win road games. 23-9 so far. They won just 29 road games all of last year. Really looking forward to watching a duel between Sale and Berrios tomorrow night. For whatever reason, Sale doesn't seem to dominate the Twins as much as he does most teams. Hope to see that continue tomorrow.

It's strange how well they've done on the road this season. They're almost 10 games below 500 at home. Cleveland is similar in that they also have played better on the road. I hope they're able to keep it going so I can watch meaningful baseball this fall.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

It's strange how well they've done on the road this season. They're almost 10 games below 500 at home. Cleveland is similar in that they also have played better on the road. I hope they're able to keep it going so I can watch meaningful baseball this fall.

Right??!!??  I feel like I should travel to their away games instead of seeing them at Target Field, as they're more likely to win playing somewhere else!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

Took in Friday's big comeback, and Saturday's egg, in person over the weekend.  I couldn't get over the lack of attendance...  This team may be streaky (or even have run out of luck, if you're pessimistic), but they're over .500 in July and competing.  SMDH.

You aren't going to get fans back with one competitive season following years of losing 90+ games. People are taking a wait and see attitude towards this franchise.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:18 AM, cberkas said:

He's really bad. 

Well for 4 innings he had it, then the 5th inning occurred.  It was bad, but that's what the Twins 5th starter has been all year.  Sounds like he will pitch one more time, then most likely retire... which means the Twins will try Gee down in Rochester because realistically what other option do they have. 

Twins acquire Jaime Garcia from Braves in 3-player deal

Simon Sharkey-GotliebJul 24 2017, 4:21 PM

After several days of negotiations that nearly saw the entire transaction fall apart, the Minnesota Twins finally completed a deal with the Atlanta Braves to acquire left-hander Jaime Garcia, along with catcher Anthony Recker and cash considerations, in exchange for minor-league pitcher Huascar Ynoa.

24 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Twins acquire Jaime Garcia from Braves in 3-player deal

Simon Sharkey-GotliebJul 24 2017, 4:21 PM

After several days of negotiations that nearly saw the entire transaction fall apart, the Minnesota Twins finally completed a deal with the Atlanta Braves to acquire left-hander Jaime Garcia, along with catcher Anthony Recker and cash considerations, in exchange for minor-league pitcher Huascar Ynoa.

He's never been the same since his surgery.