SiouxSports.com Forum

The Last Committee 2.0

SWSiouxMN

My sources tell me the esteemed Dr. McDonald was, is, and always will be against the former nickname.

He's more than likely there to ensure any new name is fully PC compliant. 

The %gobc got their guy on the committee; so did the Jeanotte-heads. 

My sources tell me the esteemed Dr. McDonald was, is, and always will be against the former nickname.

He's more than likely there to ensure any new name is fully PC compliant. 

The %gobc got their guy on the committee; so did the Jeanotte-heads. 

I guess the pressing issue is, what's his stance on big cocks?

If we can't have the sioux a few of us liked "big cocks"

There is an upside to this one.  Think about it.

"Here we go bison, here we go, big cocks suck, here we go bison, here we go, big cocks suck..."

Might be 2018 before the FU folks think about what they are really saying, but once they figure it out, that chant might finally be put to rest. :)

So do these committees have to follow open records / meeting laws ?

& everything said will be public information ? 

& a  transcript will be available of what is said ?

& if so who thinks very few will say anything meaningful 

Here is a post from Archie Fool Bear's Facebook page:

Today some friends contacted me saying President Kelley is making another push to get rid of the Fighting Sioux name. I will continue my quest to make sure that the last of our gifts and ceremonies are honored. We here at Standing Rock were never allowed to vote on this and I'm pretty sure every leader has their personal reasons. But when it comes to our ceremonies, there isn't a tribal motion, or tribal resolution that can UNDO that ceremony. I know I will catch some flack for my continued support of what was done in the past. When our Tribal Leader of the time, along with the descendants of the one of this nations most quoted leader(sitting bull) gave the University the right to use the name and do so with our ceremonies then we should continue to respect that. I hear all the anti name comments, all the personal experiences, and all the hoopla against UND's use of the name and the comment that the ceremony didn't mean a thing, this was said by own tribal leader. But somewhere in all this, the ceremony conducted by Mr. Ed Loon as directed by the Chairman in 1969 should be respected by leaders of today. Our ceremonies either mean something or nothing at all. I'd like to thank those elders who gave me their support to continue the fight to keep the name "Sioux" alive, "Never forget who you are, you are part of the great Sioux Nation don't let anyone take that away we not victims we are the great Sioux nation". With the national push to do away with Indian Names proudly given to schools and other uses for either their Identity or a sports team soon enough, no one will know who the Sioux People are and soon enough some congressional person will take this to that level. So to those who have passed on, those descendants of both Mr Loon and those descendants of Sitting Bull who gave the name back in the 30's, I will continue with my promise to fight for what we did. ..I will continue to fight the good fight.

• Upvote 1

Here is a post from Archie Fool Bear's Facebook page:

Today some friends contacted me saying President Kelley is making another push to get rid of the Fighting Sioux name. I will continue my quest to make sure that the last of our gifts and ceremonies are honored. We here at Standing Rock were never allowed to vote on this and I'm pretty sure every leader has their personal reasons. But when it comes to our ceremonies, there isn't a tribal motion, or tribal resolution that can UNDO that ceremony. I know I will catch some flack for my continued support of what was done in the past. When our Tribal Leader of the time, along with the descendants of the one of this nations most quoted leader(sitting bull) gave the University the right to use the name and do so with our ceremonies then we should continue to respect that. I hear all the anti name comments, all the personal experiences, and all the hoopla against UND's use of the name and the comment that the ceremony didn't mean a thing, this was said by own tribal leader. But somewhere in all this, the ceremony conducted by Mr. Ed Loon as directed by the Chairman in 1969 should be respected by leaders of today. Our ceremonies either mean something or nothing at all. I'd like to thank those elders who gave me their support to continue the fight to keep the name "Sioux" alive, "Never forget who you are, you are part of the great Sioux Nation don't let anyone take that away we not victims we are the great Sioux nation". With the national push to do away with Indian Names proudly given to schools and other uses for either their Identity or a sports team soon enough, no one will know who the Sioux People are and soon enough some congressional person will take this to that level. So to those who have passed on, those descendants of both Mr Loon and those descendants of Sitting Bull who gave the name back in the 30's, I will continue with my promise to fight for what we did. ..I will continue to fight the good fight.

If Archie can convince the NCAA to turn the ship around, I might be tempted to get behind it again .... but me thinks we are long past the point of no return on this one. 

• Upvote 1